You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2016/2017 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2016/2017 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:00 pm

Roonzil wrote:The only one who did it last season, whom I noticed and remembered, was Pepe Reina after our comeback vs Juve. And he's connected to the club. Lewy 5 in 9? Not a peep from players in the Spanish Giants, and I'd say that one was pretty darn deserving of a tweet or insta.

We will stay a smaller club, as long as our players still see and treat the two Spanish sides like bigger clubs imo.

Not even close to comparable, Barcelona's comeback is orders of magnitude bigger than those things. Our players wouldn't tweet if Messi scores 5 either.

As for your second point, the bigger reason we will stay a smaller club is if our board keep refusing galactico signings, which I'm okay with. As far as our players tweeting about Barcelona, I'll attribute it to them being nicer people than the clasico players :P
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:06 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
Roonzil wrote:But FFS, a Barca or Real player would NEVER post a pic of the Bayern squad on their instagram page and say how impressed they were. It's a small team mentality.... :evil:

Barca and Real players wouldn't ever have the chance to praise us on something like this because we would've never gotten into such an adverse position in the first place ;) Besides I'm pretty sure they would do the same thing if we achieve something like this. Ter Stegen, Marcelo, Kroos, Pique, those who are generally decent people who have compatriots and/or friends in Bayern would do it no doubt.

And @tflags I wasn't particularly referring to you, but really expected better from some others. The way you guys wrote your posts, very typical dismissive attitude towards certain big teams simply because they're not Bayern. This is something I expect from lesser English fans, not intelligent people like you guys.

We are not Saintly ppl you know

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:06 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
Roonzil wrote:The only one who did it last season, whom I noticed and remembered, was Pepe Reina after our comeback vs Juve. And he's connected to the club. Lewy 5 in 9? Not a peep from players in the Spanish Giants, and I'd say that one was pretty darn deserving of a tweet or insta.

We will stay a smaller club, as long as our players still see and treat the two Spanish sides like bigger clubs imo.

Not even close to comparable, Barcelona's comeback is orders of magnitude bigger than those things. Our players wouldn't tweet if Messi scores 5 either.

As for your second point, the bigger reason we will stay a smaller club is if our board keep refusing galactico signings, which I'm okay with. As far as our players tweeting about Barcelona, I'll attribute it to them being nicer people than the clasico players :P

Both are historic, and you honestly think that if Messi (or Ronaldo) scored 5 goals in 9 minutes against a good La Liga team none of our players would tweet/instagram about it. I think some definitely would, bc everyone ALWAYS wanks off to Messi and Ronaldo. I truly believe if any of those two players had done the 5 in 9, it would've been made way bigger than Lewy's accomplishment.

Barca's comeback is not a comeback at all if we're realistic about it...it's a major downfall and bottle of PSG. Barca didn't win last night, PSG lost. But that's not a sexy story to sell, especially not to Messi fanboys who will get you clicks and money....
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:11 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Jesus Christ ........... incredible..............
Shame on all of them............. shame .......... :evil:
we should all message them.......
As our so protesters sudkurve............

I'm afraid that it 's a lost cause with some of our players and then we stay here arguing about what may be the reason for sheepish or distracted performances by some of these overpaid irresponsible pricks.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:14 pm

Ok, a few things... Dumble: Kroos is not decent

All in all Barca deserved it more cause PSG shit their pants at least 5 times yesterday, the first two being before kickoff...

Roonzil wrote:Can our players stop sucking up to Barca on social media bitte? I get the sentiment from a sportsmen perspective that you're impressed with the resilience and mental strenght. But FFS, a Barca or Real player would NEVER post a pic of the Bayern squad on their instagram page and say how impressed they were. It's a small team mentality.... :evil:

Roonzil wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:
Roonzil wrote:But FFS, a Barca or Real player would NEVER post a pic of the Bayern squad on their instagram page and say how impressed they were. It's a small team mentality.... :evil:

Barca and Real players wouldn't ever have the chance to praise us on something like this because we would've never gotten into such an adverse position in the first place ;) Besides I'm pretty sure they would do the same thing if we achieve something like this. Ter Stegen, Marcelo, Kroos, Pique, those who are generally decent people who have compatriots and/or friends in Bayern would do it no doubt.

And @tflags I wasn't particularly referring to you, but really expected better from some others. The way you guys wrote your posts, very typical dismissive attitude towards certain big teams simply because they're not Bayern. This is something I expect from lesser English fans, not intelligent people like you guys.

The only one who did it last season, whom I noticed and remembered, was Pepe Reina after our comeback vs Juve. And he's connected to the club. Lewy 5 in 9? Not a peep from players in the Spanish Giants, and I'd say that one was pretty darn deserving of a tweet or insta.

Who cares? We'll bigger club them in the field...

Generally: what's the discussion? If we get on track, NONE of these **** are gonna stop us! Peace out!
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Re: [2017-03-17] Bayern Munich vs ??? — CL draw

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:17 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:I've voted for real... but honestly I want Barca now and Real in the Semis.......... (vote changed)

While they're still riding their air of confidence? They're more dangerous now than in future.

I don't think so. Teams like Barca get more dangerous the closer they are to the trophy.

Same goes for us...

If we manage to get to half decent away performances, we're good!
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MiaSanFCB » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:17 pm

I want Barcelona in the QF too. If we are going out against them better now than making all the way through the final and lose there.
MiaSanFCB
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:18 pm

Roonzil wrote:Barca's comeback is not a comeback at all if we're realistic about it...it's a major downfall and bottle of PSG. Barca didn't win last night, PSG lost. But that's not a sexy story to sell, especially not to Messi fanboys who will get you clicks and money....

No problem with your other points but come on, this is exactly what I meant by hating. How is that "realistically" not a comeback if they were literally 4-0 down and conceded an away goal along the way. They still had to score 6. If you still want to discount the perfectly legit penalties, that's still 4 goals scored. How many times do teams score 4 goals in football ever? Even weak teams who come into the Camp Nou and Allianz without any intention of winning don't concede 4 goals that often. It's mad how easy we're discrediting them.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Coman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:19 pm

For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Tolisso) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:19 pm

We don't need another final lost... the trophy or nothing.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ottackon » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:26 pm

The way I see it, is that professional footballers all over the world have huge respect and admiration for what Barcelona has accomplished in the last 10 years or so, and it must be said that the catalans have put the bar very very high. You can see that in other sports too, when the likes of Djokovic and Nadal congratulate Federer on his major wins for example.
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:31 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:[quote="ramsej84"]I've voted for real... but honestly I want Barca now and Real in the Semis.......... (vote changed)

While they're still riding their air of confidence? They're more dangerous now than in future.

I don't think so. Teams like Barca get more dangerous the closer they are to the trophy.

Same goes for us...

If we manage to get to half decent away performances, we're good![/quote]

Of course... But we're also in good form right now which we weren't in the rest of the season, so it helps us more to meet early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:35 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
Roonzil wrote:Barca's comeback is not a comeback at all if we're realistic about it...it's a major downfall and bottle of PSG. Barca didn't win last night, PSG lost. But that's not a sexy story to sell, especially not to Messi fanboys who will get you clicks and money....

No problem with your other points but come on, this is exactly what I meant by hating. How is that "realistically" not a comeback if they were literally 4-0 down and conceded an away goal along the way. They still had to score 6. If you still want to discount the perfectly legit penalties, that's still 4 goals scored. How many times do teams score 4 goals in football ever? Even weak teams who come into the Camp Nou and Allianz without any intention of winning don't concede 4 goals that often. It's mad how easy we're discrediting them.

Would you like some Hamburgers with that, sir?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:39 pm

I want atleti barca..let them fight amongst themselves surely 1 will be defeated..
Sevilla-dortmund
bayern-city
real-juve let juve repeat 2015

then dortmund to defeat atleti and we face them in the finals..picture perfect..easy walk..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:40 pm

MiaSanFCB wrote:I want Barcelona in the QF too. If we are going out against them better now than making all the way through the final and lose there.

The board and I disagree with you. If we're not going to win the Champions League I hope we play in the final. More money for the club, more interest in our club, more UEFA coefficients for Bayern and the Bundesliga, plus I miss the tingling feeling of anticipation and hope of the final... I hate watching it as a neutral fan... I'm proud of my team if they make the final irrespective of whether they win or lose. If we get eliminated in the QF it's a different story.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League