You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2015/2016 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2015/2016 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Tue May 31, 2016 5:00 pm

Thiago Silva excels in every department outside of being a strong vocal leader...(Has a lot to due with upbringing in Brazil and how he played as a striker as a youth player)

There a reason why other players always put Silva on a mantle in the current age of defenders even though he never played in La Liga or EPL. Boateng is superb, but if u ask a neutral fan, I would bet most put Silva, Ramos and Godin ahead of him...

Pique definitely not, but I prefer those 3 over Boateng and as the awards show, so do most people
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Tue May 31, 2016 5:08 pm

Thiago Silva is barely the best CB in France...
Bet he's still including a big thank you in every one of his prayers for not having to be there in that Belo Horizonte night...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Tue May 31, 2016 5:10 pm

#12 wrote:Thiago Silva is barely the best CB in France...
Bet he's still including a big thank you in every one of his prayers for not having to be there in that night...

That just shows you how much of a difference Thiago Silva is to BRazil
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Tue May 31, 2016 5:14 pm

I would of dropped Koke and Kroos for Vidal and Fernandinho and made sure Navas was on the team.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue May 31, 2016 6:18 pm

I'll give it to Thiago Silva that he probably has the best tackling technique out of any centre backs right now. I don't believe that that makes him the best centre back in the world, but there are some things only he can do if you pay attention to his tackling, it's beautiful.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Tue May 31, 2016 6:32 pm

really dont rate thiago silva though everytime iv watched him he has been poor. Chelsea and man city have exploited him enough let alone when barca tonked psg. I rate him slightly higher than david luiz (it says it all brazil dont call up silva) and ramos isnt better than boateng for me far too ill disciplined. Only godin is better for me and yeah boa shouldnt be in the team this season but neither should silva for an average campaign where they lost to an average city side. Vidal was probably the best midfielder he dragged us from last 16 to semis and his header set up a chance of us being in the final.
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Tue May 31, 2016 7:58 pm

BRazil and Dunga didn't call up luiz,silva and marcelo to Copa america....

And even called up Kaka to replace Costa.... Not getting selected by Dunga doesn't really say much, especially when the whole country of Brazil wants to sack you
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:27 am

Thiagoalcantara wrote:BRazil and Dunga didn't call up luiz,silva and marcelo to Copa america....

And even called up Kaka to replace Costa.... Not getting selected by Dunga doesn't really say much, especially when the whole country of Brazil wants to sack you

All three of those defenders arent good defenders imo luz is a rarety as a cb who i think is better going forward marcelo is at least a full back who is the same he only gets away with defensive work because of his pace. Silva has never looked good to me and the awards he has won constantly baffle me he is error prone all he has is bravery in an organised team the brazilian john terry. If your not set out to defend he is useless.
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby MoFattal » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:37 pm

Thiago Silva is nowhere near being the best CB in the world. Heck, he won't even make my top 5.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:21 pm

CaptainLahm21 wrote:
Thiagoalcantara wrote:BRazil and Dunga didn't call up luiz,silva and marcelo to Copa america....

All three of those defenders arent good defenders imo luz is a rarety as a cb who i think is better going forward marcelo is at least a full back who is the same he only gets away with defensive work because of his pace. Silva has never looked good to me and the awards he has won constantly baffle me he is error prone all he has is bravery in an organised team the brazilian john terry. If your not set out to defend he is useless.

PSG don't set out to defend.... Nor did Brazil...

Silva is always the first name opponents bring up as well as best defender in the world. He has played for PSG and Milan, not Barcelona/Madrid or an English team... Pique getting best defender is always baffling to me, however, Silva is fundamentally the best CB in the world with fantastic physical attributes....
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:18 pm

Thiagoalcantara wrote:
CaptainLahm21 wrote:

PSG don't set out to defend.... Nor did Brazil...

Silva is always the first name opponents bring up as well as best defender in the world. He has played for PSG and Milan, not Barcelona/Madrid or an English team... Pique getting best defender is always baffling to me, however, Silva is fundamentally the best CB in the world with fantastic physical attributes....

And i dont rate him if they set out to defend he might be decent also brazil were horrible defensively and dont give me he was suspended for the 7-1 he was embarrassing in the 3-0 loss to holland days after. PSG have no competition in their league at all there slightly short up front and defensively mainly because of overated players like silva and ibra. As far as fellow professionals i dont care psg are barely a rival no real players would vote for barca but they will silva its a popularity contest more than anything. Pique has had a few very good years and a few poor ones he was a rock in their treble winning seasons. I wouldnt have silva anywhere near the best cb in the world.
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:26 pm

Actually, BRazil gave up once they lost to Germany 7-1. So, the third place game was more or less a useless friendly...

PSG has no competition, YES... AS Bayern has no competition in their league...

Let's just disregard what ex players and current players say than, when they say Silva is the best modern day CB in this generation...
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:19 pm

Typical of me to resort to this after a loss that hurts, but I WANT THIS THING. [-o<
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League