You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2015/2016 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: 2015/2016 UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread

Postby quaazi » Sun May 29, 2016 8:12 pm

Shit, if you just throw a coin and jump into either corner, you've got a decent, 30-40% chance of saving one. And putting off the next taker too. Just standing in the center looked ridiculous.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 29, 2016 8:12 pm

zozon wrote:Oblak did the same antics against PSV and Atletico would have been OUT of the CL if that PSV player didnt crushed the bar.

That's why I wanted Real to win yesterday. Atletico were too lucky to get there, in every KO round.

Real had their share of luck mind you, but that was more in the draw than the actual games.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Sun May 29, 2016 8:15 pm

I expect RM to win more CLs in the upcoming years, they'll be favorites next year too... while I don't expect Atletico to have that continuity. That's why it was better if Atletico won it but shit.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Sun May 29, 2016 8:17 pm

zozon wrote:He will never be a world class goalkeeper with that kind of penalty "saving" ability.

Buffon lost a CL and a Euro final(IIRC) in the PS... Buffon isn't the greatest penalty saver either.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun May 29, 2016 8:23 pm

San Siro missed yesterday the Kahn magic.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Sun May 29, 2016 9:04 pm

JANCKER wrote:I expect RM to win more CLs in the upcoming years, they'll be favorites next year too... while I don't expect Atletico to have that continuity. That's why it was better if Atletico won it but shit.

If those jokers win another one in the next three years Ancelotti and Enrique, heck, even Guardiola should be hanged by their balls (makes a second time for Guardiola then... :roll: )
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 29, 2016 9:12 pm

JANCKER wrote:
zozon wrote:He will never be a world class goalkeeper with that kind of penalty "saving" ability.

Buffon lost a CL and a Euro final(IIRC) in the PS... Buffon isn't the greatest penalty saver either.

euro final? No...
Actually he won a WC with a pen so

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 29, 2016 9:12 pm

JANCKER wrote:

euro final? No...
Actually he won a WC with a pen so

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Sun May 29, 2016 9:15 pm

Yeah, you're right, I wasn't sure... but now I can recall Trezeguet hitting the bar and that miss cost France. He didn't save any, right?
In my book, Buffon isn't a good penalty saver...
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby zozon » Sun May 29, 2016 9:33 pm

JANCKER wrote:Yeah, you're right, I wasn't sure... but now I can recall Trezeguet hitting the bar and that miss cost France. He didn't save any, right?

Don't even dare putting Buffon as a penalty saver in the same sentence as Oblak, no matter what he won/lost on penalties. Just don't go in that discussion. I bet members of this forum (or armchair opinionists as MUTU likes to call us) would have had a better goalkeeper role than Oblak in penalties.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Sun May 29, 2016 9:35 pm

I know what goalkeeping is and a goalkeeper can't be judged based on penalty saves.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Sun May 29, 2016 9:50 pm

zozon wrote:I bet members of this forum (or armchair opinionists as MUTU likes to call us) would have had a better goalkeeper role than Oblak in penalties.

Which says that goalkeeping abilities can't be judged based on penalties... which makes your sentence that: He will never be a world class goalkeeper with that kind of penalty "saving" ability - INVALID.

There were and are good penalty savers(not necessarily WC)... but then there were and are other WC goalies with not so good penalty saving abilities.

Oblak saved 7 penalties(some of the names: Jackson Martinez, Messi, Mueller) so far in his career and van der Sar saved only 8 all his career... if he'll be as good as van der Sar, he'll be world class.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Sun May 29, 2016 10:25 pm

Casillas isn't that impressive on penalties either. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. I thought that Navas was a better penalty stopper but he didn't save any... the penalties were well taken.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 29, 2016 10:48 pm

best pen stoppers... a Romanian guy who won the CC in the late 80s with St.Bucharest vs Panatinaikos... I think he saved four!!! Macchiavello can put more light on this...
Unfortunately he was jinxed as some months later he had a freak accident in his garden where he fell from a tree and he never fully recovered and had to hanf up his gloves.
Dudek vs Milan 2005 who was imitating another Lpool keeper Globeral vs Roma 1984
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby zozon » Mon May 30, 2016 12:22 am

JANCKER wrote:
zozon wrote:I bet members of this forum (or armchair opinionists as MUTU likes to call us) would have had a better goalkeeper role than Oblak in penalties.

Which says that goalkeeping abilities can't be judged based on penalties... which makes your sentence that: He will never be a world class goalkeeper with that kind of penalty "saving" ability - INVALID.

There were and are good penalty savers(not necessarily WC)... but then there were and are other WC goalies with not so good penalty saving abilities.

Oblak saved 7 penalties(some of the names: Jackson Martinez, Messi, Mueller) so far in his career and van der Sar saved only 8 all his career... if he'll be as good as van der Sar, he'll be world class.

The only invalid opinion in here is yours. I never said that Oblak should be judged on his penalty saving, but I did said that he will never be a world class goalkeeper. And I dont care what statistics say about how many penalties he saved in his career, He did the SAME thing in a penalty shootout TWICE in the SAME Champions League season. What he did and how he acted as a goalkeeper of a Champions League finals participant was CATASTROPHIC, put a U-17 Bayern goalkeeper in that same situation he will do 1000 times better, no matter if he saves a ball or not. OBLAK DIDNT EVEN TRIED TO SAVE SOMETHING!!! That was the far most ridiculous "penalty saving" I have ever seen. His PSV "saving" is a close second.

The whole wide world is laughing at him and you bring me a statistic of how many penalties he saved vs van der Sar??? van der Sar was, is and will always be a better goalkeeper, in EVERY goalkeeping ability. Ridiculous posts from you, just like Oblak's "goalkeeping" at the penalties yesterday. Are you blind and cant tell that he WASNT even trying to save something, he was standing in the middle like an idiot, it reminded me of some retarded commercial. Yesterday wasn't a question of a penalty saving ability from him, it was the utter disaster at a CL final. He can save Messi's penalties in some La Liga shit match, but he will always be what the world saw yesterday - laughing object of how NOT to save penalties. Or TRY to save one. If Neuer did the same thing, then this forum should have been closed until he's no longer at Bayern. Instead, you are defending Oblak and bringing up some completely idiotic statistics and comparing him to van der Sar??? Jeez..
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League