You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

19-12-08 Champions League Round of 16 DRAW

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Who will Bayern face in the next round?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:44 pm

Chelski
No votes
Inter
No votes
Sporting Lisbon
40%
Atletico Madrid
No votes
Villareal
10%
ARSEnal
20%
That other team from Madrid
30%

Total votes : 10

19-12-08 Champions League Round of 16 DRAW

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:44 pm

Tomorrow we find out who Bayern will be taking on at the end of February. There's some interesting possibilities, Chelski who knocked us out a few years back, Atletico who we won our first ECC against, and of course everyone's favorite punching bags Real. Under normal circumstances I'd be sure that we'd get Madrid, but with all this Ronaldo nonsense starting up again I think the customary rigged draw will produce United v Real instead. Which leaves me thinking that we're gonna get Arsenal, which would be fine by me! I think we can beat any of these teams, but Chelski and Inter are the only ones that worry me a bit.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: 19-12-08 Champions League Round of 16 DRAW

Postby MrLinky » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:41 pm

Haha , good one "the other team from Madrid" ! :lol:
Obviously on paper Sporting looks like the easiest team and the one you would wanna face.The only team out of these I wouldnt want Bayern to face at this point of the CL is Chelsea as they are a strong contender for the title , even though thay havent been doing too good lately.The other ones are easily beatable on a good day for us.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:56 pm

They're scared already ! :mrgreen:

goal.com wrote: Salgado:“The one team that I do not want to meet is Bayern Munich. They are the worst possible opponent we can face in a two-legged game,” he said during an interview with radio program, Onda Cero.“I have played them five times already and when you go up against them in an elimination match, they are the most complicated rival.It’s never possible to eliminate them completely,” he added.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1705/real-madrid/2008/12/18/1017660/salgado-wants-real-madrid-to-avoid-bayern-in-champions-league
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ballackfcb » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:15 pm

Please don't let Bayern get Chelsea in the draw as I couldn't watch Ballack play against Bayern :cry:
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:21 am

I would LOVE to see Ballack vs Bayern, as long as we win! I'd rather meet them in final though, so that he can be second-best AGAIN! :twisted:
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:56 am

Ballack has a "final-curse" , so I'd love us to meet up with Chelsea in the final.We would probably win that match if Ballack is in the starting line-up. :P
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:16 pm

YESS ! Its Sporting .. :mrgreen: =D>
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby slyk » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:17 pm

It's Sporting Clube
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby walter » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:36 pm

Looks very doable! not taking anything for granted but I think we can be happy with who we got! All the English teams got very strong opponents in what promises to be a 16 round to remember.
Last edited by walter on Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby fcb 4eva » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:33 pm

we always seem to draw Sporting at some point in the CL these days lol, like a formality now

-------------------------

FCB 4EVA :D
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:47 pm

Eh. I really wanted a tougher team to see where we stand. Lisbon should be beatable, but don't forget about how a few seasons ago we only managed 1-0 away and 0-0 at home against them! :? Of course, we're a much more coherent side now so I think we can go into this with supreme confidence. There's plenty of other cracking ties, that's for sure! I think it's interesting that all the Itals got paired with English teams, a real battle for supremacy there, especially with the histories of Ranieri and Chelsea and Mourinho vs United. England and Italy should schedule a friendly against eachother around that time just for the hell of it to cap it all off!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:52 pm

Bruno Conti rocks !Sporting is by far the easiest team we could be drawn against.Ironically the only team I rate to be weaker than Sporting - Panathinaikos - played some good and effective football and were first placed , so we couldn't be drawn against them.Its the CL and no team should be underestimated , but its looking very clear on paper.Schweinsteiger is probably gonna be in top form against the Portuguese as always , and with Ribery in normal-form as well it should be no problem.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby reiniksrobis » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:12 pm

Hah, great draw. I was so happy to see that my favs got easier opponents- Villarreal-Panathinaikos[Villarreal is my favorites], Arsenal-Roma[GO Arsenal] and Bayern-Sporting :o Super.

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby slyk » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:25 pm

It really is a good draw, good thing Bayern finished top of the group, otherwise we could be facing Barcelona like poor Lyon is,lool.
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Raphael Sanzio » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:26 pm

Good draw. I feel sad for Inter and ManU. Two teams who are favorites for winning the CL, one of them gets kicked out early. It looks funnier when you see two weak teams (Villareal and Pananthiakos) face each other. I blame Inter, Madrid, and Chelsea for their fixtures. They could've and should've taken first place. We have the best draw of all. But then again I always remember Getafe and Zenit. While one could've emabarrassed us, the other one DID :evil: (4-1) So it would be embarrassing if Sporting kicked us out, and that's possible.
Raphael Sanzio
Woah, this feels cool!

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League