You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

19-12-08 Champions League Round of 16 DRAW

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Who will Bayern face in the next round?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:44 pm

Chelski
No votes
Inter
No votes
Sporting Lisbon
40%
Atletico Madrid
No votes
Villareal
10%
ARSEnal
20%
That other team from Madrid
30%

Total votes : 10

Re: 19-12-08 Champions League Round of 16 DRAW

Postby MrLinky » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:10 am

Raphael Sanzio wrote:I feel sad for Inter and ManU. Two teams who are favorites for winning the CL, one of them gets kicked out early.

Which only benefits us , as there are really some huge clash-up's coming up:Chelsea-Juve , Inter-ManU , Real-Liverpool.That means some big competition getting out of the way for us and the chance to get another relatively easy team ala Villareal/Panathinaikos - Atletico/Porto in the quarter-final grows.
But first we have to get Sporting out of the way.They have a balanced squad with really good individuals like Moutinho , Veloso , Liedson , Vukcevic , Izmaylov ,Caneira etc.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:10 am

Raphael Sanzio wrote:Good draw. I feel sad for Inter and ManU. Two teams who are favorites for winning the CL, one of them gets kicked out early.

i'm just sad that one of those two is now definitely gonna make it through to the round of 8... :P
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:43 pm

Here's the UEFA European team ranking as it stands now :

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/trank2009.html

We got ahead of Lyon this year taking the 8th place and we will probably be seeded back in pot number 1 next year.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:48 pm

NO sympathy for Man U and Inter! We always get tough Round of 16 ties; recently Madrid twice, Arsenal, Milan...it's about time we got an easier draw. (Though like Mourinho, I still wanted a harder one!)
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:42 am

Im happy we avoided Barca, Man u, Chelsea and Liverpool.
Barca play similar to lyon only much better and we didnt cope that well with lyon's speed in the away match.
Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool have much better centre midfield players than ours which will allow them to control the match and take it away from us.

I hope they kick eachother out and if we are gonna face one of them let it be the smis or the final
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby SportingPortugal » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:10 pm

We have good team, you will see ;)
SportingPortugal
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby thulkazal » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:13 pm

noone said u dont have good team :P
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:59 pm

thulkazal wrote:noone said u dont have good team :P

Rightly said.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby reiniksrobis » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:38 pm

We respect your team ;)

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:02 pm

reiniksrobis wrote:We respect your team ;)

... but we're gonna beat it ! :wink: 8)
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:01 pm

Sporting is NOT the real test! .. I`m not saying, it`s gonna be an easy game. but we will find it even harder in the next stages.. if Ribery could stay fit, we will have a very good chance! :o
FC Bayern Forever Number One!
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby reiniksrobis » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:33 am

They have got superb central midfielders. Veloso, Moutinho. Great goalscorer-Liedson

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:03 pm

A nice overview on our next opponent in the Champions League:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/news/kind=1/newsid=786146.html
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Tomas » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:01 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:NO sympathy for Man U and Inter! We always get tough Round of 16 ties; recently Madrid twice, Arsenal, Milan...it's about time we got an easier draw. (Though like Mourinho, I still wanted a harder one!)

I despise ManUre and hope Inter beats them but I dont think that will happen. Sporting was an easy draw for us but Im not saying they will be easy to beat. The only team I feel sorry for is Lyon. I think Barca will run right over them. The only teams I dont want going thru are ManU and Liverpool. I would include Chelsea but I think Bayern - Chelsea final would be incredible! We would win fairly easy unless Chelsea gain their proper form again. As of late they have no consistency and are playing incredible horrible. As far as the EPL goes, I only like Chelsea but I wish Ballack would have stayed in München!
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SilentStrike » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:06 am

Sporting are gna do their absolute best (how often do they reach knockout stage), so I just hope Bayern won't underestimate them. We should win if we concentrate.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League