You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-09-29] Werder Bremen vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Werder Bremen will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 22

Re: [2012-09-29] Werder Bremen vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCB general » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:00 pm

What's the most important for me, I don't care this season who's gonna be a starter or on the bench or how many goals Mario or Mario will score, what I care is that I want title, domination, great performances, even season without defeat and to void, abolish Schrothmund records.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby quaazi » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Element wrote:But now he has serious competition ,and if he really is something special like we think ,he will be back in no time

Stolen from elsewhere.

Passing accuracy:
Badstuber – 93.2%
Boa – 90.1%
Dante – 92.1%

Crosses:
Badstuber- 66.7%
Boa – 0%
Dante – hasn’t done any

Tackles won:
Badstuber – 70.5%
Boa – 63.1%
Dante – 63.6%

Aerial Challenges:
Badstuber – 75%
Boa – 52.2%
Dante – 64.7%

Challenges:
Badstuber 68.3%
Boa – 69%
Dante – 62.8%

Goals:
Badstuber 0
Boa – 0
Dante – 0

Assists:
Badstuber 1
Boa – 0
Dante – 0

And because of the way BuLi counts challenges, a (temporary) fullback like Holger has a lower challenges completed ratio because of some failed dribbles.

So yeah. I'd say Dante and Boateng are competing for a spot.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AvatarX » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:26 am

Something must be totally wrong in the tactics if a CB had more crosses and assists than a fullback :)...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:12 am

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:50 am

Badstuber and Dante, along with Hummels, were the best defenders in the Bundesliga last year. I think they will probably end up being our starters.

Boateng has also been doing great but he's still making some annoying mistakes. We will probably rotate a lot at first because they all need rest, so they'll all have a chance to play with each other.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dambun » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:47 am

I think Dante had many more mistakes than Boateng so far this season.... But he seems close to establishing himself in our defense line... he's getting better with time...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby quaazi » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:56 am

AvatarX wrote:Something must be totally wrong in the tactics if a CB had more crosses and assists than a fullback :)...

Holger IS currently our fullback.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:40 am

I remember last live chat when I said that Gustavo is better than Martinez and people were like o_O?

I understand that they are both stylistically a bit different but in my opinion Gustavo has the potential to be the best CDM in the world. Gustavo is a lot like Khedira whereas Martinez is an attempt at a copy of Schweinsteiger. Which means Gustavo will probably not be as technical as those two anytime soon but he makes up for that with his athleticism, eye for space and consistent pressing.

When playing with Schweinsteiger he is not allowed to move forward as often and play as the pure CDM and distributor. He does his 'destroyer' job really well for the most part but lacks in the distribution area (Sometimes even Tymo was better than him last season). When hes allowed to move forward we are seeing how much of a difference he can make with his long shots and speedy runs to draw defenders away. His agility is very underrated.

When Martinez plays both Gustavo and Schweinsteiger are allowed to move forward and they both bring a different type of dynamism to our attack, Schweinsteiger is obviously much better at combination football with Ribery, Lahm, Muller, Kroos because of his technical skill as well as his chemistry with the German NT. Gustavo brings unpredictability and consistent hustling (he is kind of like the Muller of our central midfield).

We truly have three of the best central midfielders in the world right now and I hope Jupp consistently rotates and makes substitutions (big ones like substituting Schweinsteiger today) to take full advantage of these three. I also hope that when Schweinsteiger and Gustavo are starting, Schweinsteiger allows Gustavo to make a few more forward runs.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:26 pm

I have always rated Gustavo highly...we can use all three of them with rotation.

Gustavo is really top three "destroyers" in the world...his agility, stamina and speed are really hard to match. He glows when he confronts superstars. He was world class against Real Madrid and Inter [year before]. He has no respect for anyone and that is why he belongs to Bayern.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby silberkreuz » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:46 pm

sooperdice wrote:Highlight of the match was Badstuber giving Gus a reacharound after scoring his goal..

Here it is.
Watch from about 0:17 in.

Someone make a gif!
silberkreuz
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:23 pm

I really enjoy this start of the season...I cant remember the last time I was so excited:)

I mean we got it all...we fixed all of our problems and we did it in only 1 summer. We knew that we had some fixes to make before but somehow we were stubborn and refused to deal with it. But now everything is falling into place. We are playing great mix of counter-attacking/posession football with whole team defending. We have great chemistry and teamwork. Jupp got it all right.

Problems we had before this season:

1. CB [DVB was too old and rusty...we bought quality CB in Dante and we got him cheap]
2. DMC [Tymo was also old and rusty and didnt suit to our playing style anymore, we bought Martinez who will do great]
3. Winger [we got great talent in Shaqiri and got it for quite cheap, Pranjic was never going to be top player and would never influence our game like Shaqiri has done in these few games.
4. With buying Martinez...we opened space for Kroos as AMC so he can develop in his favorite position while Muller is good in playing all three attacking positions.
5. Solid ST...we got Manđukić and Pizarro who are updates on Olić and Petersen. We again got that right. And didnt need to spend big money.

And the best thing is our playing style. It seems like Jupp finally figured it out and started training fast tempo counter attacks. Our players dont act like Zombies when regain possession but are actually trying to put the ball into net as fast as they can. And all that with great mixture of possession/fast attacking style.
And another thing that got my attention is attacking through middle. We are doing it more often and with success. Boateng and Badstuber are trying to pass the ball directly to Shaqiri/Kroos/Ribery etc...as they try to turn it into attack. It seems we dont need to pass the ball 1000 times before we decide to attack...now it is all happening much faster and that is what I always wanted. Our opponents cant defend that good against that style. As our players often change positions. We can see Ribery, Robben, Shaqiri, Kroos etc...playing on all attacking positions and they really gel together while doing it.

This post is probably oftopic but I had to say that:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby walter » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:12 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:I remember last live chat when I said that Gustavo is better than Martinez and people were like o_O?

I understand that they are both stylistically a bit different but in my opinion Gustavo has the potential to be the best CDM in the world. Gustavo is a lot like Khedira whereas Martinez is an attempt at a copy of Schweinsteiger. Which means Gustavo will probably not be as technical as those two anytime soon but he makes up for that with his athleticism, eye for space and consistent pressing.

When playing with Schweinsteiger he is not allowed to move forward as often and play as the pure CDM and distributor. He does his 'destroyer' job really well for the most part but lacks in the distribution area (Sometimes even Tymo was better than him last season). When hes allowed to move forward we are seeing how much of a difference he can make with his long shots and speedy runs to draw defenders away. His agility is very underrated.

When Martinez plays both Gustavo and Schweinsteiger are allowed to move forward and they both bring a different type of dynamism to our attack, Schweinsteiger is obviously much better at combination football with Ribery, Lahm, Muller, Kroos because of his technical skill as well as his chemistry with the German NT. Gustavo brings unpredictability and consistent hustling (he is kind of like the Muller of our central midfield).

We truly have three of the best central midfielders in the world right now and I hope Jupp consistently rotates and makes substitutions (big ones like substituting Schweinsteiger today) to take full advantage of these three. I also hope that when Schweinsteiger and Gustavo are starting, Schweinsteiger allows Gustavo to make a few more forward runs.

You make some good points. They are both great yet different kind of players in the same position. I think Martinez is better at maintaining possession, passing and he is a calming presence in midfield. Gus is faster and more athletic and his Brazilian genes can still offer some magic like the two goals he has scored this season. I'm happy with JH rotating our three CDMs and I guess the decision can be tactical in terms of who to play on a given day.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:55 pm

Yes finally Bayern knows what a counter=attack means. :P Also as you said Scholl, I like those vertical passes through the middle from the back four or the DMs. This makes the team's attack style faster and sometimes bypasses 3 opponents with one pass; a quick turn from Kroos or Shaqiri when he receives the ball and he's facing the defense with Mueller on the right, Ribery on the left and Mandzu at the centre waiting for a diagonal run as options.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby SchwanMunich » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:10 pm

I think Gustavo is extremely underrated. He was a beast last year against Madrid, he definitely steps his game up against the big boys and has proved to be a big time player. Martinez coming in just ads more depth and class. I love the fact that we now have 3 highly talented CM's battling for 2 places, and let's not forget the fact that Toni Kroos can deputize there admirably if need be. I think last year Kroos really grew up as a player playing center midfield with Schweine out, and I think it is really paying off this year.This is by far the most complete team we have had and I am really excited. It'll still be really difficult to win the CL but I think we can do it. I'd love to face Barcelona in the CL and beat them head to head. :)
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:52 pm

Don't forget also that Gustavo is very mistake prone and loses risky balls. I also think he is underrated but let's not get carried away. He is by no means better than Javi Martinez
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga