You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-08-26] Werder Bremen vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:30 pm

Werder Bremen will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 6

Re: [2017-08-26] Werder Bremen vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:29 pm

kingbayern wrote:I am convinced Carlo doesn't know what he is doing

He does... It's called feasting...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:31 pm

gumboduncan wrote:I think that Javi Martinez will be asking for a transfer in January. Hummels and Sule partnership is working really well and Boateng is stil not back. With our depth at CM he's probably not going to play a lot there.

I don't think so

We need to have 4 CB's, so even if he wants a move in January, we won't accept that. Plus Hummels and Boateng are injury prone, so he would get lots of playing time anyways
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:32 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Perfect Prediction

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Nice, only 1 point behind me now :P
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:35 pm

Overall, it's just an okay performance for me.
There were a lot of concerns last year and a lot of concerns going into this year, most of which were valid, IMO.
While we've got two wins in two matches, we haven't really done anything to alleviate those concerns.
A win is a win, but we're playing some pretty boring football right now.

No creativity in attack. Playing very predictable. Everyone knows what we're going to do and how to defend it. It's moments of individual brilliance that gets us goals right now, not team play.
Seems like no matter who we roll out there, we can't figure out how to really control the midfield, even against poor teams like we've played so far.
For me, Ancelotti keeps making the same mistakes over and over and over again and yet waits until the last 30 minutes of the game to fix them. I don't know about you guys, but it is SO obvious to me that Lewandowski needs to play alongside Müller. It is so obvious that Coman should be playing more and Ribery is should probably be an impact sub rather than a starter. It's so obvious that 4-3-3 just doesn't work. Lewandowski immediately plays better when he has Müller up top with him. We are immediately more threatening when Coman comes on. We look toothless in 4-3-3 and as soon as we switch to 4-2-3-1 or even 4-4-2 we're a vastly better team. These things have been clear for a year now and yet Ancelotti keeps on wanting to try them. You can say what you will about Pep and his tactics; I'll admit sometimes his approaches didn't work, but at least he was willing to keep trying new things and if something clearly wasn't working he would usually change it. I'm not sure you can say the same about Carlo right now. He keeps trying to pound a square peg into a round hole for the past year and a half.

Like I said, a win is a win, but I still don't feel like there's a lot of reason to be confident at this moment.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gumboduncan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:35 pm

I thought this game was well coached by Carlo. He gave the starting lineup 64 minutes and when that lineup wasn't producing enough chances he reacted. Brought in Coman and he brought pace and fresh legs. The he added Muller for and both substitutions produced right away.

Please explain how he coached this game badly.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:40 pm

3 pts in the bag... who cares... we are top of the table

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:44 pm

I am smiling at so much comments,the reason is that besides few people here no one is giving a damn about the things that i'm analysing,posting data and making huge post about this or that.

It is, therefore, no surprise that the head of the Deutsche Fußball Liga (DFL), which oversees the organization of the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2, has recently told kicker magazine in Germany that there needs to be a change in the attitude of the clubs that are behind the eternal table leaders. Seifert told kicker: “Before every season in England five clubs want to win the title, in Italy we have three, and in Spain we have two. In Germany, seventeen clubs say before the beginning of the season, ‘We have no chance to win the title.’ That attitude needs to change.”Despite the fact that the league is extremely competitive once one takes Bayern out of the equation.Bayern cannot be faulted for wanting to win and build their brand. Instead, members of the league might do well to to ask themselves what they can do to curb Bayern’s dominance.

And it's chainged.This season.Bundesliga is not one,but two levels higher than the last year.

Let's say it again-if you think that we can overpower and dominate all the teams with Robbery on the wings,i will call you delusional.
Almost every team in Bundesliga is sick with the Bayern dominance in the last years,and they really are trying to put their best on the pitch against us.Face it-it's not a walk in the park anymore,with us scoring goals for fun.

But it's not "all bad" situation.We all know that our team is going to be better against the clubs in CL,when we have more competitive games in our league,our form will be better,and from this perspective it's looking like a win-win situation.

And a little for the game.The most notable thing that all can see is that Kimmich is playing with a lot of confidence,Tolisso bossed the mid so hard,that today Thiago dissapeared and Lewa finally is getting his touch back.
Patience is a good thing.
IsiahRashad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:48 pm

For me Bremen was a really poor team with no offensive power whatsoever. One of the easiest away games of the season.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby aterford » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:49 pm

gumboduncan wrote:I thought this game was well coached by Carlo. He gave the starting lineup 64 minutes and when that lineup wasn't producing enough chances he reacted. Brought in Coman and he brought pace and fresh legs. The he added Muller for and both substitutions produced right away.

Please explain how he coached this game badly.

The trouble is that it's always the same. Play poorly, wait 60 minutes, bring on subs and play better. Same subs, same scenarios, match after match after match. It has been the same story over and over again for 18 months + now. He simply doesn't learn. Better to be proactive rather than reactive. Make the changes ahead of the match rather than waiting for 60+ bad minutes before deciding to finally do something about it. There's no way you can look at the first hour of the game and say it was well-coached. We have gotten away with it because it's been against a poor Leverkusen and poor Werder Bremen. Do you think we can afford to play 1/3rd of a good game in the champions league?
aterford
I post all the time

Postby America USA » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:55 pm

aterford wrote:So how long is it going to take Ancelotti to figure out that Coman should be playing and Lewandowski plays best with Müller?

Is it just me or is it painfully obvious for nearly everyone but him?

This. Robert-Thomas duo is our best bet up in the attack up front. In Coman Bayern have a very good winger. I believe Franck has to give way to him in the starting eleven either this season or at the very least from next year onwards.

My match analysis: Solid performance overall and I'm happy with the result.

Positives: Impressed with how we could play out of the back and handle whatever high press Bremen tried. Much better than last week against Leverkusen when we looked pathetic against their high pressure. No injuries and suspensions and Neuer makes an easy comeback.

Negatives: 1. The passing and precision in the final third needs to improve.
2. It seems apart from Vidal and Hummels (and maybe Sule and Kimmich to an extent) nobody can time a challenge and the opponent can run at us with ease until they get fouled. Need to improve on our ability to steal the ball from the opponent without fouling. Alaba, Thiago and the wingers were the worst culprits.
3. Not much creativity through the middle. However this could be because Bremen had parked the bus and were playing with almost everybody behind.

All in all I'll take the three points and clean sheet before the International break.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby iKIDSTER » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:15 pm

Werder create nothing, but this nothing is almost the same what Bayern created before Lewandowski goal, except Robben's moment.

https://understat.com/match/8269

Not a fan of Coman, but with one this moment and pass he brought a lot to the game.
iKIDSTER
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby prasun77 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:17 pm

ramsej84 wrote:By the way is Lewa playing?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

aterford wrote:I swear this season has made it look like Lewandowski was just playing for a move to Madrid...he didn't get it and now he's content to sit on his fat new paycheck here. Has spent all of 2017-2018 season bi*ching to the referees and can't lose his mark to save his life.

If we put in a performance like this on Sept 27, PSG are going to tear us a second arsehole.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What has happened to you guys?
We have the best striker in the world and u r complaining..

We still have james to come in and u r complaining..

You complained with perp now u r still complaining..without any reason..we won the supercup,dfb pokal match,1st 2 matches in the bundesliga..still you want the coach to be sacked.
Ancelotti can't sub himself on and score goals or create chances right?Robbery are ineffective its his fault?
Board doesn't want to spend on replacements and buy good players that's his fault?
Grow up..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:32 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Robbery are a burden. There. Sorry, I said it.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Robben not quite but we shouldn't be playing both.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Pelin » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:45 pm

Robben was angry last week, we all know what Müller said after the game this week. Carlo can't go on like this. Whoever plays bad, he should go to bench. Last season he gave so much tolerance to Alonso, now he is giving too much tolerence to Ribery. And this will create unrest in dressing room.

After all, Müller is a must vs teams who plays with 3 man defence. As we found difficulty whenever we played vs a team who plays with 3 man defence last season without him, therefore, Müller at trequartista or 4-4-2 with Müller is much better fit for us.l also think that we must sign a striker with dribbling skills and pace, who can also be extra winger when needed.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Pelin » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:11 pm

They have spent 80 m euros with bonuses plus 41.5 m euros for one position. Both were best options on the market. so l don't see any reason why they can't do the same for winger.

Last season this guy hardly played Müller at trequartista in order to play Alonso more and more. Now we are seeing the same problem with Ribery. Though Robben is still world class, he has James as competitor. l hope he proves himself at Bayern and increase competition for RW.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga