You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-12-07] Werder Bremen vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:30 pm

Werder Bremen will win
7%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
93%

Total votes : 15

Re: [2013-12-07] Werder Bremen vs Bayern Munich

Postby Ruht » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:16 am

How about a gif of Gotze's goal? If anyone has anyone please post it! :P
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:13 pm

Ruht wrote:How about a gif of Gotze's goal? If anyone has anyone please post it! :P

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Kevinx67 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:28 pm

hgb09 wrote:The last two meetings between Dutt and Guardiola have ended 7-1 and 7-0 in favour of Pep!!!

You make it sound like reason Bayern won so big was cause of Pep. If you switched coaches the results would be the same. I can't believe Bremen laid down so bad.
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:44 pm

I've just been watching the highlights of the game on a Maltese tv station. According to the reporter, we have a striker called Milan Mandzukic. :roll: #-o :lol:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:51 am

The predominant thought running around in my head recently is that it is a rather pleasant time to be a Bayern fan.

I watched the Werder Bremen v Bayern Munich game on Sunday afternoon, already knowing from the previous day what the final score was. It has been a while since I’ve seen a Bayern 7-0 win anywhere, and this game was a pure delight to watch.

Not much can be said for Bremen. They should have scored one, perhaps, but Hunt’s greed in front of the goal at times, plus a spot of luck, denied them the one goal that would have been the maximum they deserved. I watched Braunschweig a few weeks ago, and reckoned that they put up a far better performance than Werder, and I suppose the respective final scorelines reflect that.

I have stated here in some other thread that I looked forward to a game with Kroos, Goetze and Alcantara playing together. I had hardly hoped that they’d form the midfield triangle, considering that Martinez, Schweinsteiger and Lahm are also vying for those positions, but injuries have taken a toll and, on Saturday, we had that midfield triangle. None of the three did anything flashy, but together they commanded the midfield, and the final score speaks for itself. I don’t want to see that midfield triangle all the time, but I’d like to see those three players start together in some games and grow together. They have enormous potential.

Another delight was Alaba and Ribery on the left flank. Each plays well when the other is absent, but together they are phenomenally good; I honestly don’t think that there is a better combination of fullback and winger anywhere else. Ribery is a handful for any defence, but Ribery’s combining with Alaba, not to mention Alaba’s making his own diagonal runs towards goal, must be a nightmare to defend against. The threat they made down that side against Bremen was relentless.

Van Buyten and Rafinha – two players who are frequently despised – also had a good game against Bremen. Van Buyten not only scored, but also made some great passes and tackles. The most memorable was when two Bremen players were clear on goal and he plucked the ball out of the air and hooked it away for a throw in. Rafinha had a solid game, both in tracking back and in contributing to the attacks on the right wing. I really do believe that Guardiola has helped them raise their individual skills, and their perceived weaknesses from previous seasons have now been strengthened. They also slot into the team well as excellent team players. Bayern has strength in depth not merely because they have a quality squad this season, and not merely because they have added Goetze and Alcantara to that squad, but also because many players, especially fringe players, are playing their best football ever.

The thing that perhaps pleased me most about the Bremen game, however, was the chances and conversion rates. Bayern won some early games in the season – and drew some too – with a very poor conversion rate, which worked against Guardiola, in that it delayed his acceptance and gave the anti-camp some ammunition. The conversion rate was a concern; too many chances were being wasted. Recent games, and this Bremen game in particular, would suggest that this is no longer a problem. Long may it last.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:07 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I've just been watching the highlights of the game on a Maltese tv station. According to the reporter, we have a striker called Milan Mandzukic. :roll: #-o :lol:

Maltese sport journalists #-o #-o #-o they are a** lickers for Italian & English teams. And what about the pronunciation of German players:
Rejus (Reus) Nujr(Neuer) Gotzz (Gotze) Xurrel (Schurrle) :shock:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:10 am

It is indeed a great time to be a Bayern fan. Not only do we get consistent results but the beautiful football is such a joy to watch. We don't need the media hype PL clubs and the Spanish giants get... every football fan just now knows that we are a team to beat. Everybody is working hard to get the results. Pep is able to continually motivate our players and I believe the constant challenge of earning that playing spot because of the depth of our squad gives the players challenge to perform their best when they are given a chance. We have seen in other teams, especially Real Madrid, how being strong on paper can make a team overconfident and lose focus.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:14 am

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I've just been watching the highlights of the game on a Maltese tv station. According to the reporter, we have a striker called Milan Mandzukic. :roll: #-o :lol:

Maltese sport journalists #-o #-o #-o they are a** lickers for Italian & English teams. And what about the pronunciation of German players:

Rejus always cracks me up. :lol:

Sent from Neo N003
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:44 am

ramsej84 wrote:Rejus (Reus) Nujr(Neuer) Gotzz (Gotze) Xurrel (Schurrle)

Nothing can be worse than calling Ozil "Olic" though. :lol: It happened during WC 2010.

However I laugh most when they're commentating a game with Guy Demel. :lol:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MatZam » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:41 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

I once went through the painful experience of hearing a Maltese commentator trying to pronounce Bastian Schweinsteiger... Sounded like he was choking on a piece of bigilla.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:25 pm

This pronunciation by Maltese commentators has piqued my interest.
Please tell me how he pronounces Jakub Blaszczykowski. :)

In India, the commentators in Hindi are not that bad with pronunciation as they are with their superlatives and jokes.
I have only heard complaints from a few friends who tried listening to them.
I've changed the language to Eng on sports channels. They are all set to Hindi by default.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:45 pm

Basically in Malta almost nobody watches the Bundesliga and commentators don't care enough to research how to pronounce player names correctly. I have yet to hear a Maltese commentator pronounce Schweinsteiger properly. At best the pronounce the w as a w in English, rather than a v.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:35 pm

MUTU wrote:Basically in Malta almost nobody watches the Bundesliga and commentators don't care enough to research how to pronounce player names correctly. I have yet to hear a Maltese commentator pronounce Schweinsteiger properly. At best the pronounce the w as a w in English, rather than a v.

This confused me quite a lot... A couple of weeks ago I heard and spoke to a German guy (Holger; MUTU you must know him at the club) and he confirmed that it is actually pronounced like in english!! :?
I've always thought it was a V. I know we went off topic but can someone please confirm... thanks
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:38 pm

AdepT wrote:This pronunciation by Maltese commentators has piqued my interest.
Please tell me how he pronounces Jakub Blaszczykowski. :)

In India, the commentators in Hindi are not that bad with pronunciation as they are with their superlatives and jokes.
I have only heard complaints from a few friends who tried listening to them.
I've changed the language to Eng on sports channels. They are all set to Hindi by default.

I think Jakub's surname is not pronounced that bad... I stand to be corrected...
There is only one who pronounce nearly all players' names correctly. He is George Micallef... am I right ?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:00 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Basically in Malta almost nobody watches the Bundesliga and commentators don't care enough to research how to pronounce player names correctly. I have yet to hear a Maltese commentator pronounce Schweinsteiger properly. At best the pronounce the w as a w in English, rather than a v.

This confused me quite a lot... A couple of weeks ago I heard and spoke to a German guy (Holger; MUTU you must know him at the club) and he confirmed that it is actually pronounced like in english!! :?
I've always thought it was a V. I know we went off topic but can someone please confirm... thanks

German commentators pronounce it with the 'v'. Bayern's own videos (interviews etc) use the 'v' pronounciation. Schwein (pig in German) is pronounce with the 'v'. You must have either had a misunderstanding with Holger or else he drank too much Cisk :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga