You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-02-27] VfL Wolfsburg vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:30 pm

VfL Wolfsburg will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2016-02-27] VfL Wolfsburg vs Bayern Munich

Postby Ollie » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:00 am

IsiahRashad wrote:I want /and im sure-we all want/ more playing time for Ribery ! Bayern's playing is one level up when he is on the pitch,no matter what people say Ribery is one of the few players in the World,making huge diference.With DC11 bad form in the last couple of games/today he played out of position/,Pep should use Ribery more.Lets hope he stays in good health and shape.
Great overall performance,i have good feeling for this season.Bayern are in great form after the winter break/not like last seasons/,maybe we can ceep this momentum untill our treble. \:D/

I think we might be able to win the treble but with all of our injuries it will be a tough one. I would be happy with the Double. And then a new fresh start next season....
Ollie
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:05 am

It's not only the injuries...
And we're not really in great form, we had a single decent game and even that only lasted for like 50-60 minutes...
We were very lucky today... But whatever, important win... Now a draw in Dortmund (and a win against Mainz of course) - and we can focus on Juve...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:04 pm

Our form has continiously improved every game since the winter break. The previous seasons we always reached our peak before the winter break and tried to keep it up, now we're slowly building form in anticipation of the big games. Dominating Wolfsburg and Juve without a real center back. If you think we'd manage to keep them away from our goal 90 minutes you're deluded. 60 minutes of domination broken by a lucky goal which lead to a momentum shift and 75 minutes of domination against Wolfsburg, both in away matches, are simply ignored by you. #12.
I know you always love to see things from a negative view, but it's really getting silly. "Decent" against Juventus really is the tip of the iceberg.
If we get past Juve (which I think we will), and improve our efficiency, all doors are open. Benatia and Martínez should be back for a quarter final.
But I get it. Some people always look at us first, and then the second view is missing. Forgetting that there are also other teams who like to play good football (at the end it was still Juventus....).
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:12 pm

#12 wrote:It's not only the injuries...
And we're not really in great form, we had a single decent game and even that only lasted for like 50-60 minutes...
We were very lucky today... But whatever, important win... Now a draw in Dortmund (and a win against Mainz of course) - and we can focus on Juve...

I disagree, today was the opposite of Juve. We struggled at first but gradually took control of the game. Well-deserved but not an easy win.

Our injury situation at the moment is not that bad, and our makeshift defence is doing well on the whole. Neuer stepped up yesterday too. I do believe we have a decent chance for the treble.

Pep seems to be managing his players much better now to avoid another injury crisis. This is why I disagree with those of you upset about Thiago being benched. Even Ribery is only getting more minutes very gradually. Gotze did not feature at all yesterday despite the press conference comment.

As some of you have pointed out, the main issue now will be how to play when everyone is fit. Ribery is clearly playing very well, but I don't think dropping Costa would be a very good idea either. Glad I'm not the one who has to make such a choice.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:27 pm

bastos80 wrote:Our form has continiously improved every game since the winter break. The previous seasons we always reached our peak before the winter break and tried to keep it up, now we're slowly building form in anticipation of the big games. Dominating Wolfsburg and Juve without a real center back. If you think we'd manage to keep them away from our goal 90 minutes you're deluded. 60 minutes of domination broken by a lucky goal which lead to a momentum shift and 75 minutes of domination against Wolfsburg, both in away matches, are simply ignored by you. #12.
I know you always love to see things from a negative view, but it's really getting silly. "Decent" against Juventus really is the tip of the iceberg.
If we get past Juve (which I think we will), and improve our efficiency, all doors are open. Benatia and Martínez should be back for a quarter final.
But I get it. Some people always look at us first, and then the second view is missing. Forgetting that there are also other teams who like to play good football (at the end it was still Juventus....).

Well, if you collapse like that, all that remains actually IS "decent" - I agree we had great 45, maybe 50, 55 minutes... But a mere 10 minutes were enough for Juve to turn the tide...
Also, I agree, we improved since the Hamburg game... But Wolfsburg, e.g. was actually not better than Juve IMHO... I was going for "we're nowhere near our form of Hinrunde" - and I think you'd agree?! We don'T need to keep them away for 90 minutes, but it's a FACT we allowed as many chances as never before yesterday... We were lucky we didn't concede... If someone is not even allowed to point that out - which is right there to see for everyone - we might as well shut this place down and just log in every other day to praise the wonder that is Pep... ;)
Domination is nothing, if you don't make anything out of it... We dominated Juve, we dominated Gladbach, we dominated Wolfsburg last season, heck, we even dominated Madrid - and still they tore our asses open... Domination and control are nice if you actually use them to keep yur shit together on defense...

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I disagree, today was the opposite of Juve. We struggled at first but gradually took control of the game. Well-deserved but not an easy win.

Well, kinda, and yeah, we should've gotten a penalty and that goal was no offside... But still, I think we'd have been in big trouble had they made use of one of their numerous opportunities to score...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:06 am

#12 wrote:we might as well shut this place down and just log in every other day to praise the wonder that is Pep.

You basically do the opposite everyday, which is why we love you. You keep us fair and balanced :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bastos80 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:21 pm

It's also a fact we don't have fit center backs \_(ツ)_/¯
Also allow me to say at this point in the Hinrunde we mainly had home matches and our form peaked around the Dortmund match. This time we had 8 matches from which 6 were away from home. Especially in away games the performance (especially offensively) went down like shit. This wasn't really the case so far. It was you who predicted that after BVB, Leverkusen and Wolfsburg we'd probably not be on top of the table anymore. Well, guess what, we're still 8 points clear and have done well. You're comparing the Hinrunde with the Rückrunde which you are free to do, but don't even consider the different circumstances.
If you acknowledge that we've improved I'm sure you'll soon find out that we'll reach our peak. Also Wolfsburg not better than Juve? Probably, we played better against Juventus. But that's no wonder considering we had a very important and tiring CL away match before Wolfsburg.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:25 pm

pyrasur wrote:You basically do the opposite everyday, which is why we love you. You keep us fair and balanced :)

You know what tilting at windmills is? :P :twisted:

@ bastos: true... And I'm not saying we were particularly bad... Just that we were lucky... Which is perfectly fine because you always need a little luck...

The overall effort should be though to play (almost) as good as at home in away games (that's the whole point of the possession game, isn't it? - or one of the points)

But I agree, we did better than expected so far... And as long as we manage to make the QFs, as far as I'm concerned the peak can still take a little time... ;)

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:31 pm

Of course we were lucky. Lucky that our offense is working good enough to make up for our emergency defense.
And for everything else there's Manuel Neuer :lol:

the point of possession game is to play good in away games? :? Don't really understand that.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:40 pm

Well possesion usually (should) mean(s) game control, doesn't it... So it should - aside from other advantages - bring home and away performances closer together... Right?!
Not that I expect us to win every game 5:1 or something, but generally I think every team strives to be as good away as they are at home...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:47 pm

#12 wrote:Well possesion usually (should) mean(s) game control, doesn't it... So it should - aside from other advantages - bring home and away performances closer together... Right?!
Not that I expect us to win every game 5:1 or something, but generally I think every team strives to be as good away as they are at home...

Posession =/= more goals
The play style doesn't really have to do with home & away strength/weakness.
Also you're really exaggerating. It's not like our away games are **** terrible. Our performances are closer together than they are for other teams.
It's just that we're so damn strong at home. Also Pep usually sacrifices one of the attackers for more control.

But enough of that. I'm tired of discussing this topic. I think we both repeated us enough times now.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:52 pm

We did? I don't get why you're so "emotional" right now because I actually thought this was interesting... And either I forgot or we never talked about that before?!? :shock:
(btw: our home games are not as good as in Hinrunde either, or are they? Well, let'S wait a few more, Darmstadt is not easy to play...)

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:53 pm

#12 wrote:We did? I don't get why you're so "emotional" right now because I actually thought this was interesting... And either I forgot or we never talked about that before?!? :shock:
(btw: our home games are not as good as in Hinrunde either, or are they? Well, let'S wait a few more, Darmstadt is not easy to play...)

Lol sorry, I'm not emotional. Just wanted to end it :coffee: We've talked about away games a while ago. Actually, there really isn't anything we haven't talked about tbh :lol:
We only had 2 home games yet, lol. I also rather take better performances in away games than smashing Darmstadt 5-0. And as you said, Darmstadt isn't easy to play. I thought our home game against Hoffenheim was really good. You don't break the record for shots with nothing.
Last edited by bastos80 on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:54 pm

Traditionally our first half of the season is almost always better than the second half. At this point it doesn't really matter whether it is the case or not this season, as long as our current performances seem to be going uphill rather than downhill as they tend to do this time of the year.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:10 pm

It is? I actually thought that was a Guardiola-new... I also never said we sucked ass or anything - just that we could be better... If we will, you're preaching to the choir... ;)

bastos80 wrote:We only had 2 home games yet, lol.

That's why I said let's wait a few more... (Hoffenheim is not easy to play as well - I actually thought we could have been "zwingender" (no idea how to say that in English :D ), but it was ok...)

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga