You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-03-08] VfL Wolfsburg vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:30 pm

VfL Wolfsburg will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 13

Re: [2014-03-08] VfL Wolfsburg vs Bayern Munich

Postby tflags » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:46 am

From JJ, during the match: "What do you call eleven guys vs Bayern on the pitch? A no-win situation."
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:57 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
MoFattal wrote:That was flattering. We played very average football until (as usual) Pep made the exact right subs and changed the game

I don't think we were playing average. I was really enjoying the match as we were always creating goal chances and it certainly looked like if we were going to score later in the second half. And when their players ran out of gas then we had Thiago and Mandzukic in to destroy them

It wasn't that typical boring average performance of the first half of the season. One of the main reasons was of course that Wolfsburg didn't park the bus, but this was a similar game to the Hoffenheim one and we played much better today

You can see huge improvements in the team in this last few games :)

It definitely wasn't a boring match, but we still need to be doing better during the opening phase of the game as now many teams are adopting the high press on us during that phase. Being alert from the beginning might give us an early lead, and that would kill the game against any opponent.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:20 am

I was worried about Neuer. When under pressure from multiple opponents who are also pressing the defenders it is not a wise decision to pass to them because it will put them in a difficult position in which mostly results in two situations; either they kick a long ball (which Neuer could have done better in the first place) or pass it back to Neuer and I don't want to see a Ter Stegen from Neuer. :P We had Mueller upfront who can win the ball in the air and retain possession. No need to risk.

Sent from Neo N003
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:38 am

bayern1982 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Does anyone know what the European and world records are?

Domestic League Winning Streak

29:SL Benfica (Portugal) 1971-73
28:NK Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia) 2006-06
25:Celtic FC (Scotland) 2003-04
22:PSV Eindhoven (Netherlands) 1987-88
18:FH Hafnarfjördur (Iceland) 2004-05
17:FC Steaua Bucureşti (Romania) 1988
17:FC Dinamo Bucureşti (Romania) 1988
17:FC Internazionale Milano (Italy) 2006-07
16:FC Bayern München (Germany) 2013-2014
16:Valur Reykjavík (Iceland) 1978
16:FC Barcelona (Spain) 2010-11
16:Olympiacos FC (Greece) 2005-06
15:SL Benfica (Portugal) 1963
15: Real Madrid CF (Spain) 1960-61
15: FC Bayern München (Germany) 2005
15:AC Sparta Praha (Czech Republic) 1999-00
15:Bangor City FC (Wales) 2010

Domestic League Unbeaten Streak

106: FC Steaua Bucureşti (Romania) 1986–89
63: FC Sheriff (Moldova) 2006–08
62: Celtic FC (Scottland) 1915–17
61: FC Levadia Tallinn (Estonia) 2008–09
60: R. Union Saint-Gilloise (Belgium) 1933–35
59: FC Shirak (Armenia1) 993–95
59: FC Pyunik (Armenia) 2002–04
58: AC Milan (Italy) 1991–93
58: Olympiacos FC (Greece) 1972–74
58: Skonto FC (Latvia) 1993–96
56: SL Benfica (Portugal) 1976–78
55: FC Porto (Portugal) 2010–12
55: FC Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine) 2000–02

Excellent, thanks! So we can go as far as third place if we win all remaining games this season.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:46 am

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Does anyone know what the European and world records are?

Read this: friendlies-f7/bayern-munich-vs-al-merrikh-sc-t11115.html#p252265

That's for next season. :mrgreen:

Element wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Wow who would have told us by h.t that we were going to win by 5 goal margin. On one hand I am satisfied that we illuminated them(I cannot forget that 1-5 defeat in the Ottl, Lell era) on the other I really pitted them after an hour of courageous football.
And what about their support? Amazing getting humiliated by 6 goals for two weeks in a row and still most fans were standing up with their scarfs proudly held and shouting their players' names ... =D>

Yes the scoreline does not reflect the game. Respect to Wolfsburg. The first 60 minutes were some of the hardest we've had this season and like I said in chat at half time, if it was Real Madrid we would have conceded 3 or 4 in the first half.

No we werent that bad !!

We weren't entirely bad, in that our front 5 were doing well. Even Shaqiri, who I rated as our worst player in the game, had some decent moments in the first half.

But defensively it was different. I suppose it was just an off-day for them, especially considering the defence, from Lahm to Neuer, was made up of regulars. We allowed way too many chances (I said in chat that I think the last time a team had so many chances against us was the Super Cup vs Dortmund). Add the fact that Neuer was not having the best of games, and I think there would have been cause to believe that a better team would have scored a couple more.

I wasn't really worried about this game at any point. I knew we would turn it around eventually. But I expressed my concern about the defending many times on chat, especially with the game being just a few days before the Arsenal match. We just cannot afford to allow so many chances in the CL, even if we have superman Neuer.

That said, I don't think there is a reason to worry in the long-term, as our defenders have already shown us how good they are. But I hope they get it together quickly, because even with a two goal lead we can be punished on Tuesday if we're careless.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to Bundesliga