You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-01-27] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:30 pm

VfB Stuttgart will win
5%
It will end in a draw
5%
Bayern Munich will win
90%

Total votes : 20

Re: [2013-01-27] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:53 pm

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:58 pm

Robb3449 wrote: IMO, if the game is "in-hand" and you haven't made any subs by the 75th or so minute, leave em on the bench.

That pretty much sums up my view.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:49 pm

according to the italian media; last Sundays match had its consequences; according to them Shaqiri is very angry and wants out... Milan and Napoli are after him, and are both monitoring his situation...!
TBH I do not know what to say! The only + is that his contract runs till 2016, so it is 99,9% BS
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SilverX » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:07 am

ramsej84 wrote:according to the italian media; last Sundays match had its consequences; according to them Shaqiri is very angry and wants out... Milan and Napoli are after him, and are both monitoring his situation...!
TBH I do not know what to say! The only + is that his contract runs till 2016, so it is 99,9% BS

He is angry??? At what would he be angry at??

And if this is in any shape or form true, which is a 99% chance that its TOTAL BULLSH!T, he needs to get slapped by Uli and make sure his 1 foot 5 tall ass sits on the bench for a year!!

He still has a lot to prove, and him getting mad for not playing or coming in late is totally unrealistic.
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:23 am

He was never that kind of player. If the report mentioned any of Gomez, Robben, Gustavo, or Boateng it would've made a lot more sense. But then again, the keywords are "Italian media" and "Milan and Napoli", so that pretty much sums up the crap.
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Borusse » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:35 am

It sounds more like Robben to me.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby SilverX » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:14 am

MoFattal wrote:He was never that kind of player. If the report mentioned any of Gomez, Robben, Gustavo, or Boateng it would've made a lot more sense. But then again, the keywords are "Italian media" and "Milan and Napoli", so that pretty much sums up the crap.

=D> =D> =D> =D>

Totally agree!
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby SilverX » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:15 am

Borusse wrote:It sounds more like Robben to me.

Robben would have more grounds to complain then Shaqiri...
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:58 am

SilverX wrote:
Borusse wrote:It sounds more like Robben to me.

Robben would have more grounds to complain then Shaqiri...

if it is him (Robben) it is not a prob at all for me... 8)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SouthernStar » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:38 pm

Sure the match isn't as interesting as we would like it to be but we sure are avoiding unnecessary injuries. It's a long season still, I think result matters more at the moment than playing attractive football. Surprised Stuttgart goes out of their usual way and plays that deep, I guess they just want to get that elusive win over us so badly that they don't care what tactics they used... At the beginning of the season we were complaining how the team would go up against "bus" teams who use fast counter-attack, there are a few games like that this season and we won all of them (except for the one in Minsk). At the end of the day, I'm not complaining about the 3 points, another clean sheet and 11 points lead we acquired :mrgreen:.

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems that we don't play well when our "flow" is "disrupted" and there were a lot of that in that match (our players got pushed and manhandled a lot in this game by the Stuttgart players... a lot of the disruptions were also done by that damn ref :evil:)...

As for the substitutions, not sure how much about the dissent is true (doesn't sound like Shaq, I recalled he had an interview earlier this season that said the opposite...) But I do agree that Shaq and Gomez should have gotten more time (should have been on after the 2 goals lead). Boateng's umm supposed 1 minute play time is just weird, I know we want van Buyten getting enough game time for the Arsenal game, but he is not exactly 30 anymore lol. I worry for his injury... Let Boa get some game time and Buyten gets some rest with an earlier substitution for the next few BL games imo.
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:45 pm

SouthernStar wrote:Let Boa get some game time and Buyten gets some rest with an earlier substitution for the next few BL games imo.

Agreed. Even in the Stuttgart game, DvB seems to suffer from some knocks.

SouthernStar wrote:I don't know if it's just me, but it seems that we don't play well when our "flow" is "disrupted" and there were a lot of that in that match (our players got pushed and manhandled a lot in this game by the Stuttgart players... a lot of the disruptions were also done by that damn ref )...

Honestly, I think we had a big hand in this. We had a whole LOT of fouls committed in this game. It's good to show some aggressiveness, but not at the expense of tackles lost.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby SouthernStar » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:01 pm

MoFattal wrote:Honestly, I think we had a big hand in this. We had a whole LOT of fouls committed in this game. It's good to show some aggressiveness, but not at the expense of tackles lost.

Fouls committed by and against us just turns the game into chaos and our players losing their concentration by being mad.

Well I just hope other teams won't go around doing "get Bayern players angry" tricks lol. *cough* Koo... [-X
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby SchwanMunich » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:50 am

What that means at the start of the second half of the campaign is a temporary end to squad rotation. "I won't be making many changes at the moment," the head coach explained, "the team has to come together as a unit, and we have to keep winning. I refuse to take risks in the circumstances." The starting line-up in Fürth was the same as the starting line-up in Stuttgart, only the second time this season the boss has named an unchanged team.

Heynckes' policy is supported by results, as his men have won both games since the winter break 2-0. "The momentum is currently with the players who played today," commented Matthias Sammer, as the current first-choice team is on a roll.

However, there will be playing time for all soon enough, at the latest in mid-February when FCB resume playing twice a week. "The players know me, and they know I'll start rotating again when we're back to the Saturday-Wednesday-Saturday pattern," said Heynckes. Sammer for one is sure of that: "We'll still need every player."

I think it's safe to say jupp avoided subs to get his guys on the same page, get them playing fluid and together. It's a very common thing for coaches to do. My guess is that he will start incorporating subs now. It may not be as frequently as it was in the beginning of the season until mid February rolls around and we start playing a couple games a week again.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:56 pm

I saw someone mention Van Buyten's good performance in another topic. I agree that he had a good game, but I remember one instance in the first half where the problem of lack of speed was once again almost decisive. One of their strikers beat Van Buyten easily and left him miles behind, going through on goal. Luckily, Lahm got there in time.

I'm still a bit worried about him against Arsenal's forwards. Perhaps giving Martinez or Gustavo a try against Mainz or Schalke is not a bad idea.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:22 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:One of their strikers beat Van Buyten easily and left him miles behind, going through on goal. Luckily, Lahm got there in time.

Yeah, I saw that too. On a similar counter, he used his strong physique to shove aside the Stuttgart before the latter broke free on goal. It was a nice move, but it's a bit risky as it won't always work right. I think he should be our last man to move forward.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga