You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-01-27] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:30 pm

VfB Stuttgart will win
5%
It will end in a draw
5%
Bayern Munich will win
90%

Total votes : 20

Re: [2013-01-27] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Postby bigdrop » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:17 am

I am sorry that this is my first post on this forum but I believe it is just wrong that Jupp did not use either Mario or Arjen today. I write this as an American who has flown four times in the past four years from Washington to Munich specifically to see Bayern play.

Am I not correct: Bayern is a publicly owned club?

Mario Gomez and Arjen Robben cost close to E 60 million?

They are both healthy and sitting on the bench.

If Jupp is not going to play them he is eroding their trade value with the comment that they are not good enough to start.

I don't know how else to say this: Jupp is making a statement by not playing them which will have enormous repurcussions this week. That's almost E 60 million he's not using, not starting, not trusting.

Someone made the decision to buy them. Whoever that is either believes they were wrong and neither player was worth the investment OR that Jupp is making a political statement by not using them.

That's a lot of money Jupp has sitting on the bench.

I believe he must answer now to not starting either healthy player.
bigdrop
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:19 am

I just love Stuttgart fans:

Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:56 am

Even tho i may not like the decisions Jupp makes he is a decorated coach and player. He is definitely more qualified to decide who plays and who doesn't. Unless anyone here has won Champions League trohpy then i see no reason to question Jupp since Bayern has been better than it has been in decades. As for blaming Gomez and Robben that was in the past and last time i checked football was a team sport, i blame the whole team for the loss.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SchwanMunich » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:18 am

Firefox1234 wrote:Even tho i may not like the decisions Jupp makes he is a decorated coach and player. He is definitely more qualified to decide who plays and who doesn't. Unless anyone here has won Champions League trohpy then i see no reason to question Jupp since Bayern has been better than it has been in decades. As for blaming Gomez and Robben that was in the past and last time i checked football was a team sport, i blame the whole team for the loss.

Your damn right firefox!!!!!
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SilverX » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:28 am

Firefox1234 wrote:Even tho i may not like the decisions Jupp makes he is a decorated coach and player. He is definitely more qualified to decide who plays and who doesn't. Unless anyone here has won Champions League trohpy then i see no reason to question Jupp since Bayern has been better than it has been in decades. As for blaming Gomez and Robben that was in the past and last time i checked football was a team sport, i blame the whole team for the loss.

We can question whoever we want. No matter if the coach won 15 trophies or not. We as fans and loyal to the club will ALWAYS question anything we think can hinder the team in any shape or form.

I Have been with the club longer then any coach has, more sweat and tears went into this club from their fans then from anyone else that has coached. SO i do believe we are very well qualified to question anyone....SIR!!!

:-D
My Youtube Channel Mia San Bayern

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xtremedragon10
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:35 am

I guess i phrased it wrong, i don't mean we cant question his decisions or the clubs I'm just saying that its hard to fault him when none of us don't have any experience or have coached at Jupp's level. I don't know anyone here who has coached at his level, acquired his accolades or faced the type of pressure Jupp has faced so in the end we gotta trust the club and Jupp's decisions. As long as were winning i guess we shouldn't really be complaining.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:14 am

SchwanMunich wrote:I think the reason why we were trophy less is because the 2 guys everyone keeps saying should be playing more.....Gomez and robben....were the ones who choked in the big championship games. Gomez wasted so many opportunities, robben tried to be a 1 man team and missed the uber important pk's.

That's pure scapegoating my friend.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:22 am

Firefox1234 wrote:As long as were winning i guess we shouldn't really be complaining.

I think we had a hell lot of bad experiences in recent years to not do so. We've all been Bayern fans for many years and we all know the possible consequences of benching key/star players. We are having one of the best Bayern teams of all times, and I think none of us would be okay if we fell at the last hurdle as per recent years. It's just hopeful thinking that all our players will be fit/interested/happy/excited when we need them. It's just precautionary complaining, not bashing.
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby tflags » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:19 am

There is something about criticizing a coach that got us to three finals (well, two and an early final at least) in his first year that really doesn't click to be honest. I mean, I could understand if all three finals where alike but, I keep feeling if Robben had not missed a couple of penalties we would not be having this conversation. All this with a weak, if even that, bench and an emerging Dortmund which likes to think, and play, better than all other European Champions but focuses only on one front at a time. Bayern is second best team in Europe, all stats (and a few coaches) point to that, but we just can't get enough, can we?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:45 am

Not until we become the first team in Europe.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AdepT » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:20 pm

MoFattal wrote:Not until we become the first team in Europe.

Do you really think it would stop with that?
It's tough to reach the top but tougher to remain there. So I think there would be no end to complaining.

On another note :
About Gomez, Robben and Gusta getting less time to play, Jupp might have something in mind. At the start of the season he used to switch players for games but seeing the form of the team currently, I think he's just being cautious in his approach.
Would I like Robben and Gomez to start? Surely, I would. But you have to have a reason for sending Kroos/Mandzukic to bench or Mueller for that matter. If he makes the switches and we end up having a bad day, it'd be complaining over changing the team all over again. So, I'd like him to keep the team the way it is by making usual substitutions.
One thing I would agree to is that Jupp should give Gomez/Robben/Gusta enough time for proving their form on pitch after return, say around 30 mins of play. 10 mins doesn't do any good. Robben will surely be brought in before CL matches. Marti was bought to be starter and has since proven himself so Gusta might have to wait to start. Mandzukic will be alternated now that Gomez's back but I cannot guess when. Maybe even next match.

Jupp is as unpredictable as ever. :crazy:
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:24 pm

Unless you can read minds or look into the future its hard to say what Jupp wants to do. At the moment i feel i can trust Jupp to do what is best cause Bayern was a mess when LvG left and he has cleaned up very well where a coach like Pep wants in the action

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby RAJBAYERN » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:28 pm

Heynckes has reasons to keep Muller and Mandzukic in the starting lineup, but I am concerned in the what´s coming in few weeks when will start the knockout phase in champions league.

Keeping in the bench, your two best scorer players in the knockout rounds in the last seasons, can be a risk and a advantage for the rivals, also considering that Mandzukic had poor performance this season in champions league games and Mueller wasnt too lethal as a shotter in champions league as he is in bundesliga.

It doesnt means that it will directly affect bayern performance in champions league or that i dont trust in Heynckes, but I am always concerned when our coaches take unexpected decisions..
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby RAJBAYERN » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:51 pm

meister wrote:What you guys think about Ribery performance?

He wasn't productive yesterday. He did not participate in any goal scored and did not led the team in scoring attempts, also comitted many fouls.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Robb3449 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:19 pm

I'm quite confident that Jupp Heynckes has forgotten more about football than I'll ever know. He is an incredibly accomplished player and coach. However, I just don't see the upside in bringing in 2 important attacking players in with less than 5 minutes left and trying to bring Boateng in the last minute. I don't like to get into "what if's," BUT, what if one of them is injured in the last 5 minutes of a match that's already decided. How much second-guessing would go on then. IMO, if the game is "in-hand" and you haven't made any subs by the 75th or so minute, leave em on the bench.
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga