You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-01-29] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:00 pm

VfB Stuttgart will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 16

Re: [2014-01-29] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:59 am

Tedesco wrote:If the squad was injury free, both of them should have been subbed off.

Well, yes. But you can also argue that if the squad was injury free, probably they wouldn't both be on the pitch at the same time.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby krkla » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:29 am

am i the only one who was pleased to see them celebrate as much as they did?
krkla
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby Dalv » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:54 am

nope, it was a very emotional ending, with a superb goal. I cheered more than usual also
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Badger » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:54 am

I rather enjoyed watching last night’s Stuttgart v Bayern game.

I thought that Stuttgart deserved some credit. They came with a good game-plan to stifle Bayern’s style of play, they were prepared to run a lot, and it worked in the first half. Their goal was a very fortunate one – lucky that it spilled to a Stuttgart player and lucky that it stood – although the final shot was admirably clinical. Some of Stuttgart’s later chances were more credit to them and their play, even though they didn’t score from them.

If an opposing team has a good game-plan, it can often take a full half to read it and work out how Bayern can overcome it. It will probably need a change of tactics, and maybe a few substitutions, to beat it. Moreover, the effect of high-possession tiring the opponents and stretching their concentration will usually not become evident until late in the second half. This seems to make Bayern look ineffective initially – especially if they go a goal down. I thought that the first half of the Stuttgart v Bayern game wasn’t that bad. I was surprised by the substitutions Guardiola made, but have to give him full credit for the changes, noticeable threat that Bayern became after the substitutions and the final result. The win was deserved in the end.

Surprises? Well, I seem to be the only one of the opinion, but I watched Kroos carefully and thought he played well – better than the other three attacking midfielders, Shaqiri, Alcantara and Mueller. His passing was as accurate as ever, a high proportion of his passes were forward and quickly executed, he was rarely dispossessed by the Stuttgart pressing, and he got a few good tackles in, even helping out in the Bayern box. That is more than I can say for the other three in their first sixty minutes. His only flaws that I saw were his long shots flying high over the bar. And an unnecessary yellow card. No, Kroos was doing his usual job and doing it well. I think he was taken off largely because Guardiola needed players who represented different tactics – players who play more advanced positions. Keeping possession, which is one of the main contributions which Kroos guarantees, was not a major problem against Stuttgart, and Kroos could be taken off without the risk of a serious loss of possession. And, unlike the other attacking midfielders at that stage, he was on a yellow card.

Other than that, I liked Pizarro as a midfielder and thought Mandzukic made a great statement about his value to the team, even if he didn’t actually score himself.

13 points clear. If Bayern could get the injury problems sorted, they could plan their campaigns for the German Cup and Champions League very comfortably.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:01 pm

MoFattal wrote:I thought that too and I was a bit surprised to see Kroos (who was honestly below standard as well) subbed off rather than Thiago.

Kroos was acting stupid on the field and I thought he was in danger of being sent off. It was the correct decision.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Element » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:11 pm

Toni Kroos has explained his reaction after being subbed out , Toni Kroos said " I did not expect to be subbed out , but of course you have to accept that ,and on top of that , i was upset that we were losing" [source]
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCB general » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:13 pm

MoFattal wrote:That's not really a valid argument, wouldn't you say ;) ?

There wasn't a single long ball in the box before 2 strikers have come in the game and not a single shot in the game. Both goals were a product of long pass.
All in all, worthless performance by Bayern. We won thanks to 2 anti-tiki taka goals.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:24 pm

FCB general wrote:
MoFattal wrote:That's not really a valid argument, wouldn't you say ;) ?

There wasn't a single long ball in the box before 2 strikers have come in the game and not a single shot in the game. Both goals were a product of long pass.
All in all, worthless performance by Bayern. We won thanks to 2 anti-tiki taka goals.

With that Tiki Taka that we played their players were running out of energy and we could dominate and create some clear chances in the final 20-25 minutes.

I didn't like our game at all but Guardiola deserves credit for the win

We don't know what could have happened if Mandzukic had started the game, but it could have been a very different situation if we'd been one goal down with Mandzukic already in . We didn't have too many other alternatives on the bench with Robbery, Schweini and Martinez out for this game.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:52 pm

During the match, Stuttgart fans put up those two banners to offend Bayern.

The top banner says "congratulations on the triple"
The bottom banner says "tax evasion, arson, sex with minors" [source]

Pity that Thiago's winner was scored in the opposite goalpost.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:30 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to Bundesliga