You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-01-29] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:00 pm

VfB Stuttgart will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 16

Re: [2014-01-29] VfB Stuttgart vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCB general » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:21 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:As if it wasn't him who put the two strikers on. :roll:

Yes, but that can make you feel frustrated, too. :mrgreen: I mean, his plan for Stuttgart was total fail. He would probably lost the match that he didn't bring both strikers in the game. His false 9 is having a bad time at Bayern. It won't work where organized teams are, unlike Primera where only organized team in defense is Atletico Madrid, the rest is so silly when Cristiano and Messi just passing the opponents like there aren't any. :D

We don't have to worry that much about the result and our title chances, but our poor and boring performance through entire BuLi season after spectacular march from don Jupp. The best Bayern football ever. Fast and narrow football, less possession, direct balls and at the same time awesome defensive approach.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:23 pm

Element wrote:since when does being subbed out means that you are kicked out of the club??

You misunderstood me. He is a very talented player who would play more in most clubs. He has played these last two games but overall his playing time has been limited these past two seasons. I think that it is only a matter of time until he moves on (I said so earlier this month) and if he does not perform well in the few chances he gets, Bayern will see no reason to keep him or give him more playing time. :?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:24 pm

Despite his spectacular goal and his lovely cross for Pizza's goal,Thiago was very very bad.I was praying actually for Pep to sub him off...
Overall it was a terrible performance by many ways,just passing around no threatening,desperate shoots from outside the box,too much nerves,a lucky goal against us and for 70min we burried Gotze,after the subs he was a constant threat to VfB.

If it wasn't for Thiago's suberb volley,I would erase this match from my memory immediately.

P.S:I don't know why Kroos behave like that,either it was because of Pep either he felt angry for his individual poor performance today,he acts like a diva and I really hate that
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Achilles » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:28 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Element wrote:since when does being subbed out means that you are kicked out of the club??

You misunderstood me. He is a very talented player who would play more in most clubs. He has played these last two games but overall his playing time has been limited these past two seasons. I think that it is only a matter of time until he moves on (I said so earlier this month) and if he does not perform well in the few chances he gets, Bayern will see no reason to keep him or give him more playing time. :?
I think it's clear to him that his role is a "B team" since he can't reach Robbery,Gotze,Muller level,if he thinks that he should play instead of them,then he has to show it.
Clearly last year he didn't but he still got 40+ caps and he was excellent for a rookie,this season he is average and he gets what he deserves,nothing less nothing more,I hope we hill gear up because I like Shaq
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:28 pm

FCB general wrote:I mean, his plan for Stuttgart was total fail.

Agreed.

FCB general wrote:He would probably lost the match that he didn't bring both strikers in the game.

Agreed, but that is why he is a good coach.

FCB general wrote:His false 9 is having a bad time at Bayern

Disagreed. It did not work out today and nor will it work out against every team. It is up to Pep to decide when to use it and when not to. Maybe he misread the team today, or maybe he wanted to play a striker but felt unconvinced by Mandzukic. Regardless, he is capable of reading the game and making the necessary adjustments. He put in not only one but two strikers. Gone are the days when, because we need a goal, we would sub out Gomez for Klose (for instance).

I think a two-striker formation is interesting and I am happy that Pep is not disregarding it, but I agree with YlonenXabi that it would not be as effective from the start. Maybe once we have Mandzukic-Lewandowski, but even then... it's best kept as a backup, like today.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:39 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Agreed, but that is why he is a bad coach.

Well, he ISN'T. :wink:

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Disagreed. It did not work out today and nor will it work out against every team. It is up to Pep to decide when to use it and when not to. Maybe he misread the team today, or maybe he wanted to play a striker but felt unconvinced by Mandzukic. Regardless, he is capable of reading the game and making the necessary adjustments. He put in not only one but two strikers. Gone are the days when, because we need a goal, we would sub out Gomez for Klose (for instance).

He can't dominate with that as he want to. Possession didn't mean nothing tonight. He's forcing false #9 but unsuccesfully. Barcelona case won't be repeated. Guardiola must get it that he has to play with at least one pure striker.

I like to have a ball, I like to have a ball, as much as we can, more and more possession, etc. etc. No, less possession, more and more goals. He needs to try that. Then it will be heureka! :) It's not about the ball, it's about the goals.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:43 pm

We needed a powerful striker against such defense we had too light weight up front. When we had that presence along the technicality and speed of the rest of the squad we improved a lot.
I anticipated Guardiola's move of Alaba in midfield by introducing Contento by 10-15 mins :)
One more thing as I said in the Kroos thread : we improved as soon as he left the pitch. He should either start playing football again or else he should pack his luggage and move to were he wants too.
By the way Rafinha was very good today.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:45 pm

FCB general wrote:Well, he ISN'T.

Oops. Been a while since I made an Element. It must be a direct effect of me having just been answering him :oops: :P

FCB general wrote:He can't dominate with that as he want to. Possession didn't mean nothing tonight. He's forcing false #9 but unsuccesfully. Barcelona case won't be repeated. Guardiola must get it that he has to play with at least one pure striker.

In my opinion the best is to vary between games. That seems to be what he is doing right now and I assume with Lewandowski it will only continue.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:03 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
FCB general wrote:Well, he ISN'T.

Oops. Been a while since I made an Element. It must be a direct effect of me having just been answering him :oops: :P

FCB general wrote:He can't dominate with that as he want to. Possession didn't mean nothing tonight. He's forcing false #9 but unsuccesfully. Barcelona case won't be repeated. Guardiola must get it that he has to play with at least one pure striker.

In my opinion the best is to vary between games. That seems to be what he is doing right now and I assume with Lewandowski it will only continue.

Haha, just chill and keep cool. :mrgreen: It's not "Achtung! Achtung!", Kloop is getting away. :lol:

I know that all what you mean. I got that every day on my mind.

That's what JG wants to do it with ie Đilkoš and Müller/Götze. But it doesn't look that good and powerful. He's trying slowly, but seeing this it makes Guardiola frustrating and that he showed tonight. Okay, he wanted the end of match in 93:48 min. of the game what was focused by camera few times, but that's no excuse.

After all, sucha big personality looks ridiculous being a protester, for what? You just have to admit that Stuttgart was very tough opponent, tonight very aggresive and in the good mood for a fight. They ran a lot and played hard, fired up to try make a result comfortable to them, but in the last 20 minutes Bayern started to put the ball into the box and did it well TWICE with LONG ball, one header and the one attractive.

Btw. next match can Kroos start from the bench or even stadium seat if Guardiola is keeping his promise about match work-rate, performance, etc.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:08 am

What I sincerely hope (and I'm sure most of us do) is that Guardiola has legitimate reasons for benching Mandzukic, and not merely a personal reason after the Lewandowski transfer. We need that guy.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:16 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:What I sincerely hope (and I'm sure most of us do) is that Guardiola has legitimate reasons for benching Mandzukic, and not merely a personal reason after the Lewandowski transfer. We need that guy.

It's not a personal thing, it's about discipline. It hasn't been strange to Mario to do such things at Wolfsburg and especially in DInamo. I'd say he provoked the transfer from Croatian league with that attitude, but in München you can't do such things. That's why he is Đilkoš.
Klinsmann, Herzog, etc. etc. they all played for Bayern, came as a big stars but fly out when it comes to discipline and professionalism, not forget to mention Effenberg who was messing around with somekind work protesters and right after that his contract was terminated.

That's why is "Bayern über alles". I just hope he will force the same thing with Kroos and the rest of the players.

Guess what... In Croatia for everything in Mandžukić case is Beckenbauer's fault. HEEEEEY, Franz Beckenbauer! The man who hasn't been in charge of anything after 2008/09.

Explenation is so primitive, rude; Beckenbauer is still sucha guy that his word is today the saint and entire Bayern will do it as he says.
Articles are written by one drunk idiot who is in the stage to be 24/7 in hospital under hard medical treatment, full of his crap and lies, etc. I mean, the entire Bayern board is against Đilkoš after they prasied him few weeks ago. Typical Balkan stupidity.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby michel » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:40 am

Substandard. Most definitely. FC Bayern didn’t deliver a great performance in Stuttgart. My analysis shows many tactical weaknesses but also how Thiago, Claudio Pizarro and Mario Mandzukic resurrected FCB. More: Stuttgart – Bayern analysis in tactics and stats
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:11 am

FCB general wrote: He would probably lost the match that he didn't bring both strikers in the game.

That's not really a valid argument, wouldn't you say ;) ?

Achilles wrote:Despite his spectacular goal and his lovely cross for Pizza's goal,Thiago was very very bad.I was praying actually for Pep to sub him off...

I thought that too and I was a bit surprised to see Kroos (who was honestly below standard as well) subbed off rather than Thiago. However, when you come to think of it, and let's assume the goal wasn't scored for the sake of the argument, that was the right decision to take in any case. Thiago is known for his "ambitious" through/lob balls and having big target men like Mandzukic and Pizarro sent in to at least salvage a draw in the final half hour required us to take it to the limit, and "ambitious" was part of the plan. Overall, I saw that Thiago had a poorer game than Kroos, but the decision to sub off the latter was the right one.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Tedesco » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:53 am

If the squad was injury free, both of them should have been subbed off.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MoFattal » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:59 am

Agreed. Plus, at least one of them might not have played from the start if that was the case ;)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga