You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-08-25] SpVgg Greuther Fürth vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:30 pm

SpVgg Greuther Fürth will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
4%
Bayern Munich will win
96%

Total votes : 28

Re: [2012-08-25] SpVgg Greuther Fürth vs Bayern Munich

Postby nur4bayern » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:18 pm

Nice start, but an expected result, no doubt. I was pleased with how well Shaqiri played. Nice to see Muller start the season with a goal. It would have been equally nice to see Pizarro score, although he came very close.

Between the Supercup, Pokal match and the first BL match, certainly a promising start to the season.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby rotweiss » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:06 am

Furth were very physical with Bayern today, but our patince and strength wonout in the long run. Nice to see Dante playing so well in the center of our defense and he could have easily scored on the that header that was cleared off the line, but Mueller put it in anyway. =D>

The start to the new season has been very positive and hopefully the confidence level has been bolstered with the Super Pokal win. :mrgreen:
rotweiss
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:11 am

If this was 2011/12, we would have had to line up: Neuer, Lahm, Bads, Boa, PRANJIC-Kroos, Gustavo, Robben, Muller OLIC, PETERSEN....not too impressive
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby lau03143 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:40 am

Anybody got highlights?
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SouthernStar » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:30 am

Highlights:

Last edited by MUTU on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed URL BBCode to youtube instead so that video is embedded.
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:34 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby quaazi » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:27 am

So from what I gathered everything went perfectly? No injuries, the new guy got a goal, the defense was solid and no silly mistakes were made. All this keeping in mind that it was an away derby game.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:41 am

quaazi wrote:So from what I gathered everything went perfectly? No injuries, the new guy got a goal, the defense was solid and no silly mistakes were made. All this keeping in mind that it was an away derby game.

We did have a slow start up until the first goal though.

We also received two yellow cards, but that shouldn't be much of a problem this early in the season.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Commodore » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:01 am

Let's see:

-Everything went perfectly:

Far from it.

-No injuries:

Well, apart from the millions of injuries we had going into the game, that's true I guess.

-The new guy got a goal:

True, also the other new guy (Dante) made the initial header that led to the 1:0, which came after a corner from the third new guy (Shaqiri). It almost feels unreal. We scored from a set piece!!! Could have used those guys on 19th of May...

-The defense was solid and no silly mistakes were made:

LOL, no. Absolutely not. First of all Fürth did hardly attack at all so being "solid" isn't all that hard. However my friend Boateng had a few of his "special" moments again. He misplaced what felt like 100 passes (most without any pressure as well), and he thought it was a good idea to get a yellow for an extremely dangerous challenge near the touchline against a player that was alone against two or three Bayern players. In the 89th (!!!) minute no less. Really made me angry!

-It was an away derby game:

That's what the press made of it. What it really was, is a game between one really big club and one rather insignificant one, that doesn't even have a lot of support in its hometown. Remember: Fürth is basically a suburb of Nürnberg, or to not belittle them too much, both cities are kind of twin cities. Even up until last year Fürth hardly if ever sold out their stadium which has a whopping capacity of 18,000. With them promoting to the Bundesliga they gained a few "Event Fans" and to my knowledge sold out against us for only the second time, with the first being the last game of last season where they celebrated promotion. I won't be surprised if by mid season, they'll have an average attendance in the 10k-ish area.

To me a game isn't automatically a derby just because the two teams playing come from cities that are somewhat close to each other. There needs to be some rivalry (like we have with Nürnberg for example) and it needs to be somewhat contested as well. If Fürth by some miracle manages to stay in the Bundesliga, and establishes itself long-term, then in a few years time we can maybe start talking about the game being a legit derby.

So no, not everything went perfectly. We won 3:0 though :).
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby quaazi » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:11 am

SSSSSH EVERYTHING IS PERFECT I SAID
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Commodore » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:22 am

:D

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Commodore wrote:and he thought it was a good idea to get a yellow for an extremely dangerous challenge near the touchline against a player that was alone against two or three Bayern players. In the 89th (!!!) minute no less. Really made me angry!

This. No common sense at all. #-o They were two on one player, the Furth player had nowhere to go and Boateng decided, "Well, a good old fashion sliding tackle will do here!" Bam, completely missed the ball. :lol:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:25 pm

MUTU wrote:My player comments:

Neuer - had nothing to do.
Badstuber - clearly he is not a LB and therefore it's not entirely his fault that his performance was poor.
Dante - very good game. Unlucky not to score the 1-0 from Shaqiri's corner, but a defender cleared off the line before Mueller tucked it in. At that moment, he was with his head in his hands rather than figuring out how he could help the team and avoid falling into the offside trap. As for the rest, he was boss.
Boateng - a bit shaky but generally OK. His yellow card was dished out for a rash situation.
Lahm - probably an under-par performance by his own standards.
Gustavo - had a decent match
Kroos - wasn't too quick to pass and play one-touch football, allowing defenders to position themselves better.
Shaqiri - good Bundesliga debut, capped off with a corner delivery from which the 1-0 was scored.
Mueller - good goal and overall performance
Robben - looked better when played at LM. Tried to pass but was lucky that a deviation allowed him to end up on the scorers' list. Otherwise had a number of decent shots saved.
Mandzukic - pretty quiet afternoon and was lucky to have such an easy goal handed to him on a golden plate.

Very good analysis. We can't lose perspective that this was a team with limited weapons to hurt us although their work rate closing spaces was impressive: they had 4 players that ran over 10km in the game and that alone made Bayern's life difficult throughout the 1st half leaving Kroos-Gus and Shaq with almost no room to operate. Kroos keeps improving as a holding mid leading the field with tackles won (16) and a passing accuracy of 94%. At 22 he still can redefine his position as a holding mid with forward projection. I can mention 20 world class CDM’s from the past that were not at Kroos’ level at 22 years of age.
Dante's work rate was impressive, having a CD with that mobility is a bonus but you brought up a good point: Badstuber does not have speed to play LB and JH's tactic of drawing Dante to the left when Bads goes up and Gustavo to Dante's spot might work vs Furth but it can make waters against a stronger opponent. I wander how well a Dante-Badstuber partnership will work on the center, or if Gustavo, Tymo, Boateng and Can could be options as fullbacks until Alaba, Contento and Rafinha come back. All of them played there before as "patches" with Boateng being used the most but that will imply moving Lahm back to the left.
This was the best game we could ask for to start the season, as some here mentioned we have a much deeper bench this season and once we have the majority of our players back we will have enough material to change any game that is not going our way.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:32 pm

Commodore wrote:Let's see:
LOL, no. Absolutely not. First of all Fürth did hardly attack at all so being "solid" isn't all that hard. However my friend Boateng had a few of his "special" moments again. He misplaced what felt like 100 passes (most without any pressure as well), and he thought it was a good idea to get a yellow for an extremely dangerous challenge near the touchline against a player that was alone against two or three Bayern players. In the 89th (!!!) minute no less. Really made me angry!

Officially 82 passes executed, 12 of them misplaced but watching the game looked worst than the numbers as stats are not always a good reflection of reality, just an indicator.

I did not know that you and Boateng were buddies :mrgreen:
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Commodore » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:01 pm

Jorge wrote:
Commodore wrote:Let's see:

Officially 82 passes executed, 12 of them misplaced but watching the game looked worst than the numbers as stats are not always a good reflection of reality, just an indicator.

I did not know that you and Boateng were buddies :mrgreen:

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.

-Winston Churchill

Seriously though, like you said, stats can be misleading. Obviously under no pressure at all a lateral to Dante should find its target more often than not. As soon as we start looking solely at vertical passes his completion percentage drops significantly though, and let's be honest: 82/12, while not being utterly horrible is nothing super special either.

Here are all 12 of his misplaced passes. Note how none of those is a lateral.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga