You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-09-18] Schalke 04 vs FC Bayern

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

How many points are we going to get from this match?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:29 am

3 Points
90%
1 Point
10%
Zero Points
No votes

Total votes : 10

[2011-09-18] Schalke 04 vs FC Bayern

Postby Element » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:29 am

Kick off: 

IN the Last 3 Bundesliga matches , we have scored a total of 15 Goals and conceded ZERO

We currently have the strongest attack and Strongest Defense in Bundesliga

Surely missing this game
1- Arjen Robben
2-Ivica Olic
3-Breno

Doubted
1-Daniel Van Buyten
2-Mario Gomez
========================
This match will be the first real Test for both our offense ,Defense and Mentality in Bundesliga

1-Offense Test

Schalke's Defense is Good , Hoewedes has been playing great Recently which resulted in him being called for the NT
Ralf Fahrmann has been doing Great with them and can come up with some very good saves

2-Defense test
-Huntelaar is in Great Form , scoring many goals with Schalke , and Being the Euro2012 Qualifications TOP SCORER so far with Holland
-Raul is playing good , has Tons of experience and is super smart , and a great leader

really would like to see what our young defense is going to do facing those 2 , A TOP scorer and A LEGEND with BRAINS and skill

-Farfans runs and crosses might not always be dangerous but they can keep any defenders in the world busy

-Jurado on a good day can give sick passes and score too

3-Mentality Test
Schalke always Give their best against Bayern
With Neuer and Rafinha , we have to Former Schalke players So am expecting a 105 minutes Whistling rain (90 minutes + 15 minutes between the 2 halves) , besides it might be emotional for Neuer to be back in the Veltins Arena , but being in front of the blue jerseys not behind them
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2011-09-18] Schalke 04 vs FC Bayern

Postby Bazi » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:48 pm

I saw the entire game of Wolfsburg v Schalke last weekend and therefore I am convinced that we'll be winning against Schalke.

Fährmann may be a good ball stopper but he is really bad (worse than Rensing when he was at Bayern !) when it comes to corner kicks and high crosses. In addition to that Schalkes fullbacks performed very poor defensively, Fuchs and Höger both left huge gaps between their own position and the CB's and that's where Wolfsburg engineered the 1:1. That's not where Schalkes' problems end, the central midfield wasn't capable at all to engineer plays for their offense so they played a lot of long balls and when that failed Farfan and Holtby had to go all the way back to their own half to get the ball.

Considering our firm defense, our control of the game in the center against Villareal and a fit Franck Ribéry against the young Höger (slaughter :twisted: ) I expect a solid victory.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:58 pm

Last time around Neuer was the one to keep them afloat against us. Seeing as he will be tending the other goal now...
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Cathe » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:29 pm

This is being shown live on ESPN in England - i've invited a friend round to watch it with me!

We've been great recently - as long as we don't underestimate Schalke now they don't have Neuer, we should get a win. Of course, domination would be good like last weeks game but in the end we only need 1 to win and get our 3 points.
Bayern - Anime - Gaming - Takarazuka
Cathe
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:36 pm

This will probably be a hard game. I'm curious to see how they treat Neuer.

Element wrote:IN the Last 3 Bundesliga matches , we have scored a total of 15 Goals and conceded ZERO

We currently have the strongest attack and Strongest Defense in Bundesliga

Another thing is that we have been scoring in the first 10 minutes in almost every game. That's great considering how hard we found it to open up defenses (especially without Robben) last season
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:38 pm

Well, Höwedes has stepped up and told the fans not to boo Neuer. Hopefully it won't be too big of a deal.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:52 pm

Bazi wrote:Fährmann may be a good ball stopper but he is really bad (worse than Rensing when he was at Bayern !) when it comes to corner kicks and high crosses.

That's all and good for Bayern but they have to do their part, i.e. some good corners right on the penalty spot kick, neither too low where the defender clears the ball at the near post nor too high which ends up a goal kick.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:25 pm

Ooh, I forgot that Schalke was in the Europa League - they have a game against Steaua today, which oughta tire them nicely.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Element » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:56 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Another thing is that we have been scoring in the first 10 minutes in almost every game. That's great considering how hard we found it to open up defenses (especially without Robben) last season

Yeah , but dont forget that Ribery is playing so good that in fact you can call Him a NEW SIGNING like rafinha and co , compared to last season
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Bazi » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:05 pm

Element wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Another thing is that we have been scoring in the first 10 minutes in almost every game. That's great considering how hard we found it to open up defenses (especially without Robben) last season

Yeah , but dont forget that Ribery is playing so good that in fact you can call Him a NEW SIGNING like rafinha and co , compared to last season

Ribérys statistics from last season tell a different story. He didn't play as spectacular like in the last few weeks but he was very effective.

In 32 games (Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal & CL-League) he scored 11 goals and had 22 assists or more impressively 1 goal or assist every 78 minutes (he played 2573 minutes net)

Nevertheless I'd definitely agree that he has a lot more fun than last year.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Element » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:32 pm

Bazi wrote:In 32 games (Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal & CL-League) he scored 11 goals and had 22 assists or more impressively 1 goal or assist every 78 minutes (he played 2573 minutes net)

True , but stats dont always tell the truth

Schweinsteiger under Klinsmann had 5 goals and 12 Assists in Bundesliga

yet he was criticized like Hell

in 2009-2010 he had much less number (well he hit the woodwork 7 times) but every human being said that he was on par with Xavi and Iniesta

Ribery this season is More fun , helping the team , and stat wise amazing too
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MoFattal » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:10 am

IMO this is our most difficult match up till now, especially that Schalke always tend to play their best when facing us... and lately they have been causing us much troubles when playing at their home... But I'm confident we will cruize through this game without much difficulties considering our current form and morale...

On another note, I don't expect Neuer to be booed by Schalke fans... I expect the contrary... in both ways, it will still be emotional for him, so I'm hoping for the good reception...
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby The Spyware » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:55 am

Bazi wrote:Fährmann may be a good ball stopper but he is really bad (worse than Rensing when he was at Bayern !) when it comes to corner kicks and high crosses. In addition to that Schalkes fullbacks performed very poor defensively, Fuchs and Höger both left huge gaps between their own position and the CB's and that's where Wolfsburg engineered the 1:1. That's not where Schalkes' problems end, the central midfield wasn't capable at all to engineer plays for their offense so they played a lot of long balls and when that failed Farfan and Holtby had to go all the way back to their own half to get the ball.

Yes that's very true regarding Schalke
But still it will be a very tough match
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby mdm90 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:08 am

I think Gomez should start on the bench, only because we lack any other striker than him and Peterson really.

I say this because of his recent niggling injuries, it would be good to give him a week off and get him back to normal ASAP. If Ribery, Mueller Kroos are on good form, Peterson should be able to last 90 minutes and we should win.
mdm90
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:35 pm

mdm90 wrote:I think Gomez should start on the bench, only because we lack any other striker than him and Peterson really.

I say this because of his recent niggling injuries, it would be good to give him a week off and get him back to normal ASAP. If Ribery, Mueller Kroos are on good form, Peterson should be able to last 90 minutes and we should win.

Yes and no, because away to Schalke is one of the most difficult Bundesliga matches we'll play, and it's safe to say that Petersen (btw, this is how the surname is spelt) is not yet ready. If he's fit to play, IMO he should start and if we're winning comfortably then take him off and rest him.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Bundesliga