You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2006-11-05] Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for the match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:55 pm

Schalke will win
25%
Bayern will win
38%
It will be a draw
38%

Total votes : 8

Postby dracus » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:12 pm

A great comeback,the team's bavarian spirit is still left
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:16 pm

We could have won this game. Especially with that perfectly valid goal ruled offside. Ottl's goal was a bit lucky though, it passed between the legs of first a defender, then the goalkeeper and then another defender...
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tracylynn » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:17 pm

Some thoughts on the game.

1) The team didn't come out like they were on fire or that they were that interested in winning. However, when the second half started they seemed to be a different team. They played better and with a little bit more desire. I don't know what Magath said to them during halftime but he needs to do it all the time, and he needs to remind them that they game is played for 90 minutes and not 45 minutes.

2) The goal by Makaay that was ruled offside was a goal. He was not offside but the official was obviously looking at something else. So, Bayern should've had 3 goals and not 2 goals.

3) It was nice to see the squad play with composure after being down 2 goals to none. They did not fall apart and was able to come back. That was something that they should be proud of because a lot of teams might've given up when down like that but they didn't.

4) Does Magath ever get up out of his seat? I don't think I have ever seen him walking about on the sidelines yelling at the team. It looks like he just wants to keep his seat warm. I noticed Schalke's coach, and others, up and about at times but not Schalke.

5) This game would've been a great opportunity to catch up with Bremen but now Bayern is in third place. Bayern knew that Bremen tied yesterday and all they had to do was win this game and be just one behind but they simply didn't take advantage of that. If they came out with fire I think the outcome would've been different.

6) The second goal by Schalke was awesome. Seriously, there was nothing that Kahn could've done to stop it. What made the goal so interesting was the fact that it happened about 5 to 6 seconds after 19:04, which is when the fans were going to end their silent protest of how Schalke played. The camera had just showed the time and the fans reaction that the moment was over and then...bam! there's the goal.

Some comments made by the commentator that I heard while watching the game.
a) He said that Magath thought he (Magath) was the best thing since slice bread.
b) The camera had just shown Magath with this smirk on his face and the commentator said that it looks like Magath is thinking that if this game continues the way it is (poorly) then I will go and put my head in the closet. (This is what the commentator thinks Magath is thinking).
c) They showed Uli and the commentator said that right now he's face is a slight red color but if they play the way they're playing (poorly at the time) then come back later and you will see his face a deep purple color. :lol:
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:35 am

I wanted to add that GOLTV was showing the team celebrating Makaay's goal and they showed everyone, including the assistant coach, in a group hug and the assistant coach ended up kicking Pizarro in the behind. LOL!! :lol:
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:35 am

tracylynn wrote:4) Does Magath ever get up out of his seat? I don't think I have ever seen him walking about on the sidelines yelling at the team. It looks like he just wants to keep his seat warm. I noticed Schalke's coach, and others, up and about at times but not Schalke.

He only ever gets up for 2 reasons:
1) to celebrate a goal
2) when he strongly disagrees with a referee decision

He does NOT incite the team, and I strongly feel that this is a bad thing.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby dracus » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:30 am

R u sure he gets up.He acts like a statue and just sticks to his hotseat as if trousers got stuck in there.No actions no reactions no nothing.WE SHOULD HAVE A MOURINHO WHO ACTS LIKE BEING THE 12th man and cheers the team.
This man is just thhe opposite of mourinho :x
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:18 am

Lol yeah everyone seems to hate Morinho but at least hes behind his team all the time. Magath just sits there.
Shame about the offside goal, it wasn't offside. At least we pulled a draw and aren't more points behind Bremen.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Der Kaiserin » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:26 pm

I think result of this match look well for Bayern becuase this match Van bommel replace sagnol and Lucio is not App. for this match andthis match We are away team

PS.Sorry for my grammy I'm Thailand people :oops:
Der Kaiserin
Getting the hang of it

Postby dracus » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:52 pm

Der Kaiserin wrote:I think result of this match look well for Bayern becuase this match Van bommel replace sagnol and Lucio is not App. for this match andthis match We are away team

PS.Sorry for my grammy I'm Thailand people :oops:

Dont worry dude,it's nice to have an asian here. :wink:
Bayern has mass popularity in gulf,china and japan in asia
It's nice to have fcb fans from different parts of the world on this forum.
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:16 pm

I agree with the comments about Magath needing to show emotion. With him just sitting there he's not motivating the team. It's like he doesn't really care therefore the players probably feel the same way. Look at their play this season, they just don't seem to be too motivated or even seem to lack the drive to win. If Magath is showing this then the team is following suit. He needs to show how much he cares and the spirit so the team can do the same.

Maybe someone needs to light a fire under his seat? I'm sure that'll get him up and yelling. :twisted: Any volunteers?
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:25 pm

tracylynn wrote:Maybe someone needs to light a fire under his seat? I'm sure that'll get him up and yelling. :twisted: Any volunteers?

Please feel free to. You have our SUPPORT from BEHIND. ;)
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:29 am

tracylynn wrote:Maybe someone needs to light a fire under his seat? I'm sure that'll get him up and yelling. :twisted: Any volunteers?

Metaphorically or literally? Agree though. It's better to have a Mourinho-esque coach than a completely unemotional one. Heh, after reading the last couple of posts, I feel an onslaught of bad puns :lol:
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:57 am

fanOfBayern wrote:Please feel free to. You have our SUPPORT from BEHIND. ;)

Your support or the team's support? :lol: :shock:

Podolski4life is right....here comes the bad puns.

Wow, my 100th post and look what I'm talking about. :P
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby dracus » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:24 am

tracylynn wrote:
Maybe someone needs to light a fire under his seat? I'm sure that'll get him up and yelling. :twisted: Any volunteers?

I will arrange for the matchbox and tickets.You light the fire :lol:
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:17 pm

tracylynn wrote:
fanOfBayern wrote:Please feel free to. You have our SUPPORT from BEHIND. ;)

Your support or the team's support? :lol: :shock:

I would have said "My" in that case. :D
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga