You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-11-28] SC Freiburg vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:00 pm

SC Freiburg will win
12%
It will end in a draw
6%
Bayern Munich will win
82%

Total votes : 17

Re: [2012-11-28] SC Freiburg vs Bayern Munich

Postby MoFattal » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:30 am

MUTU wrote:Schweinsteiger is going to be playing tomorrow according to Heynckes

This doesn't look good. Schweini always has a tendency for a card, whether from a foul or arguing with the referee, especially in tough away games like this one.

On another note, if Schweini is playing, does that mean that Kroos will be rested and Shaqiri coming instead? I would really hate seeing a full squad today, especially when we're approaching crunch times, and that doesn't only include the Dortmund game. I mean, this period is the perfect time to use our squad depth.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:39 am

I wouldn't call Freiburg "tough" but Heynckes knows what he is doing. It's going to be almost as risky as having a player yellow carded in the first minute (which is worse because if he gets another yellow card not only would he miss the Dortmund match but also the rest of the Freiburg match, leaving his team with 10 men).
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Robb3449 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:51 am

I'd like to see Schweini out for Freiburg not just because of the card situation but he can also use the rest. Bayern should take no chances on Basti even getting nicked up because he is truly irreplaceable. Tymo could get the start and although that makes me nervous( cuz he hasn't looked very good so far this year) he can deliver a solid performance for one match.
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MoFattal » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:58 am

MUTU wrote:I wouldn't call Freiburg "tough"

As per their recent performances, they are tough. Some recent stats:

1- Their streak from October is W4 D2 L1, and that loss was against Dortmund, and that was 5 MDs ago.
2- They are the 2nd best defensive team so far, with only almost 1 goal/game conceded.
3- They are 5th best in posession (52%), so not your typical minnow.
4- They take 13 shots/game on average, only bettered by us and BVB.
5- Before the round started, they were 6th in the ranking, a EL spot.

I'm not calling them Barcelona. I'm just calling them "tough", and currently they are :D
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby lau03143 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:48 am

I'd still play Schweinsteiger tonight. After Dortmund and Schalke both loosing points last night, we need maximum points tonight. That'll then take the pressure off us for the game on Saturday so that we're not needing a victory. Going there and getting a draw would suffice.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby silberkreuz » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:00 am

So... Dortmund drew and Schalke lost. We really need to make the most of this situation.
silberkreuz
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ballackfcb » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:28 pm

The aim must be to win tonight and on Saturday so bayern are in an incredible position in the league, meaning we can focus on the cup and cl.
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:43 pm

I feel like there will be no easy games this champions league campaign for Bayern Munich so everyone needs to be at there best
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Jorge » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:54 pm

If Freiburg plays like they have recently, in their own turf, it will be a tough match. No doubt about it.

About the Schweinsteiger dilemma most likely he will play, he is having a great season and with Gustavo out and Tymo not playing his best we need to keep the team’s momentum. If we take a lead in the first half I am for bringing in Tymo as a sub to keep Bastian safe or the Dortmund game, Tymo is always a good defensive player. The game vs Dortmund is not primarily about points anymore (after they drew yesterday), it is about making a statement, keeping the morale high. If after losing so many times to them in the last 2 seasons they come to the Allianz Arena and based on today’s circumstances they beat us it won’t be good for our team. But Dortmund, if they are still without Gotze, Gundogan and Hummels is a notch below.

Just a clarification as some posts talk about Bayern playing with 10 men if Bastian gets a yellow card. Suspensions after 5 yellows are served after the game is finished and for the following game in the same competition, so it does not matter how many cards you have when you take the pitch for a game, you will stay on the pitch as long as you do not get a double yellow or a straight red.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby dambun » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:14 pm

Jorge wrote:The game vs Dortmund is not primarily about points anymore (after they drew yesterday), it is about making a statement, keeping the morale high.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

It's exactly what I've been trying to say, but my below-par language skills thwarted me!
Exactly... It's a necessity for us, because this mental problem should be solved ASAP... I believe the result of this match has a great impact on how successful our CL campaign will be this year.... we NEED the victory... not because of the points surely, but because it will help our team remedy its character.... A win would absolutely improve our team's image of itself... (I'm being ambiguous again... just ignore me and read what Jorge has said :D :lol: )
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:09 pm

Since we're discussing the Dortmund game, tonight's result will have a psychological effect on that game. Since Dortmund dropped points, if we win tonight then on Saturday there will be less at stake than we thought there would be a few days ago, while Dortmund will have to win it or risk going 12 points behind with just one head-to-head game left.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby OhioFan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:18 pm

I can't find the lineup predictions on BILD. Help!
Götterdämmerung
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Cathe » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:48 pm

Excited!

Hopefully Bayern do well tonight :D
Bayern - Anime - Gaming - Takarazuka
Cathe
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby Franck Ribery » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:17 pm

Bayern v Freiburg: Neuer - Lahm, Dante, Badstuber, Alaba - Martinez, Kroos - Müller, Shaqiri, Ribery - Gomez
Franck Ribery
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby quaazi » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:20 pm

Huh, I thought Jupp wasn't brave enough to pull Kroos back in an away game, hence me not even suggesting it. I think this is the best lineup with the Dortmund game in mind, though.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga