You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-02-18] SC Freiburg vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:30 pm

SC Freiburg will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
7%
Bayern Munich will win
93%

Total votes : 15

Re: [2012-02-18] SC Freiburg vs Bayern Munich

Postby Mazen96 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:22 am

Can't believe some of you guys already gave up on the title. We're in the middle of February for crying out loud, ok we're 3rd but we're 4 points from the top. It's not like last year when we were 19 points off the top.
Buzzinga !
Mazen96
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AvatarX » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:06 am

What a disappointing result.

Obviously there's something wrong with the mentality of our team. We have the quality, yet the best attack of BL couldn't score against the worst defense !!

We lacked some things in yesterday's match, but the most decisive one IMHO was the clear mind. Schweini, apart from his quality, has that clear mind and orchestration capabilities in our midfield and helped us many times in those situations.

Gosh, in the second half we played with all our stars upfront (Ribery, Robben, Kroos, Muller, Gomez/Olic) and couldn't score ! Thankfully Neuer didn't let anything in, so at least we got 1 point, but 1 point against the worst team of the BL is not enough. Of course, every team that plays against us has an extra motivation and somehow they usually play beyond their limit, while we somehow underestimate them.

Jupp should work with the players and their mentality. It's not like we lack the quality or the good players that can make the difference. Our players need to clear their minds and work with more determination. BTW when we can't score in the 1st half, we always struggle to win the game. That's another area we should work.

I disagree that Jupp is a bad coach. He did everything he could to turn things around, risking a lot with weakening our defense, but didn't come out.

I also disagree that we lost BL. Dortmund were very lucky to win yesterday. They do have an advantage as they got humiliated in CL and now they have only local games to think, but I believe we will come back with fierce and win both them and Schalke.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:49 am

We actually had less shots on goal than Freiburg yesterday, 12 to 8. And surprise surprise, none of those 8 were Gomez'. I fully expect Gomez to nick a hattrick at our next home game, but right now it seems like a big price to pay for those great home performances.

Also, the stats do not show that we didn't "fight" enough. I think it was the first time this season we've run over 120 km in a match and we won more duels than Freiburg. But it was just fighting windmills because we did not have a good enough midfield to tie our attacks together.

So I propose the following standard for our away games - drop Gomez and Kroos for Olic and Robben. Despite the latter duo not bringing us 3 points yesterday I think we all agree that we played better with them on the pitch. Gomez and Kroos simply kill our tempo and allow opponents to fall back and defend, and this is unacceptable in away games (because at home it doesn't matter what the opposition does, we still get goals... mostly). Kroos had 7 "sprints" yesterday - that's as much (or few for that matter) as Badstuber! And of course, he didn't have a single shot on goal again. Really, his attempts at goal are becoming a rarity (which was why I was so shocked to see those two great shots a couple of games ago).

Alternatively, drop Kroos back into midfield. Alaba and Gustavo worked hard yesterday, but neither (well, mostly Gustavo) is a complete enough player to influence the game like Schweini does.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MoFattal » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:24 am

I would drop Kroos back along with Tymo and keep the front line the same. I don't know if I'm the only one seeing this, but Olic is pretty messing up our attacks when we are having them. It's like he wants to prove something, but using the wrong decisions to do it. It happened the game before and it happened twice yesterday.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:38 am

I agree, but the difference is that his work rate creates space for others and wins us the ball back a lot more often. Gomez in the meanwhile seems to have forgotten about his "everyone presses as an unit" talk completely.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby bayern196 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:00 am

Goddamned! What is happening?? :?
bayern196
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:04 am

Maybe the reported 9M per annum deal is screwing up Gomez' mentality. Whenever he is continuously praised, he becomes more and more complacent during matches. It is like he feels no pressure to maintain his role. A spanking is what he needs right now, not a significant increase is pay :evil:
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:22 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:How can you say that Dortmund don't deserve the title? If they finally win BL it will be TOTALLY DESERVED.

They lost their key player (Sahin), they are having big trouble with injuries (First Barrios, then Subotic, then Götze and now both Götze and Kagawa)... but even with that they are at the top of the table being the most consistent team in BL. We lost Schweini because of an injury and look what happened to us. Added to that they kicked our ass in BL for the third time in a row.

What Gladbach is doing this season is amazing and nobody expected it, but Dortmund 100% deserves being at the top of the table

This is 100% right....they will deserve it if they win it...even Gladbach would deserve it!

This season is as good as it gets when it comes to competitivnes...just look at the table...if Schalke win today...it will be very close top 4.

When it comes to our away games...it is always the same pattern:

Teams opt for deep defending with counter attacks...while we are just passing the ball around and trying to score. While we are really trying to score a goal we are not doing that as we might want to.

Maybe we should opt for different tactics? I mean when you look at Dortmund away games...they tend to stay a little more deeper than at home and they go for counter-attacks. They rearly concede more than 2 goals away from home but they almost always score at least 2 goals.

If a team that is playing at home [let's say Freiburg] does not attack while we are deep in our own half...than their fans will probably be frustrated to see their players not attacking at home and not trying to score a goal while the opposite team [Bayern] is clearly defending.

We should try to mix attacking and defending in our away games...and leave some space to the opponent.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & Euro 2012 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & Euro 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:07 pm

Has anyone realized that it's been over 300 minutes since we last conceded?
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby quaazi » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:27 pm

Considering the teams in question were Kaiserslautern, Stuttgart and Freiburg, I don't think it's something to be particularly proud of.

It is a nice silver lining though.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby michel » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:31 pm

AssemFCB wrote:Has anyone realized that it's been over 300 minutes since we last conceded?

Agreed that clean sheets are important. Now only if we could earn points...
Publisher of FC Bayern Central
michel
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:43 pm

Mazen96 wrote:Can't believe some of you guys already gave up on the title. We're in the middle of February for crying out loud, ok we're 3rd but we're 4 points from the top. It's not like last year when we were 19 points off the top.

=D> =D>

With it being 4 points and just one game against Dortmund left, it is out of our hands, directly. But we are still the ones who will decide our own fate. Dortmund are not the gods of football. They won't win 11 of the 12 games left. The question is whether we are going to keep dropping useless points like yesterday too, or whether we are going to start playing well starting next Wednesday
Super Bayern!

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bayern4l » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:56 pm

Bayern Munich captain Philipp Lahm was frustrated with his side's performance in their 0-0 draw away to lowly Freiburg on Saturday.

Germany international Lahm said Bayern lacked aggression, and has warned his team-mates they must improve to stay in the race for the Bundesliga title.

"We did not invest enough (effort) in the first half," he said.

"We weren't prepared to run hard enough, we weren't aggressive enough, we didn't show up in fact."

"We have plenty to discuss over the next few days. The result is a huge setback. Before the weekend, it was in our own hands, but we've thrown away that position now."

"I am not so much worried about the league table as about our performance though. If we continue to play like we did today, it will be very hard to win the Bundesliga title."

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2012/February/19/lahm-angered-by-tame-bayern/
Manuel Neuer
bayern4l
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby lau03143 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:22 pm

bayern4l wrote:"I am not so much worried about the league table as about our performance though. If we continue to play like we did today, it will be very hard to win the Bundesliga title."

Very true
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby nur4bayern » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:31 pm

bayern4l wrote:Bayern Munich captain Philipp Lahm was frustrated with his side's performance in their 0-0 draw away to lowly Freiburg on Saturday.

Germany international Lahm said Bayern lacked aggression, and has warned his team-mates they must improve to stay in the race for the Bundesliga title.

"We did not invest enough (effort) in the first half," he said.

"We weren't prepared to run hard enough, we weren't aggressive enough, we didn't show up in fact."

"We have plenty to discuss over the next few days. The result is a huge setback. Before the weekend, it was in our own hands, but we've thrown away that position now."

"I am not so much worried about the league table as about our performance though. If we continue to play like we did today, it will be very hard to win the Bundesliga title."

Lahm needs to call his guys out from time to time. He should think, WWKD? (what would Kahn do) and act accordingly.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga