You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-02-18] SC Freiburg vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:30 pm

SC Freiburg will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
7%
Bayern Munich will win
93%

Total votes : 15

Re: [2012-02-18] SC Freiburg vs Bayern Munich

Postby tflags » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:55 pm

nur4bayern wrote:More like the 2-3 loss to Mainz this year, ties with Hoffenheim and Hamburg and barely beating Augsburg. Add to that last year's loss to Kaiserslautern, along with another loss to Mainz, a loss to Koln, and ties with Nurnberg, Frankfurt, Wolfsburg & "Glabach (who were in the bottom three at the time). Recent history clearly shows Bayern play down a level against these teams and sometimes it bites them square on the ass.

So basically you consider the single loss to a team that is not even in relegation and which we played right after a CL game as a factor. And yet against the bottom five teams, out of the six games played we have lost or tied to none and allowed only ONE GOAL against:

FC Kaiserslautern : FC Bayern Munich 0:3
FC Bayern Munich : SC Freiburg 7:0
FC Bayern Munich : Hertha BSC Berlin 4:0
FC Bayern Munich : First FC Nuremberg 4:0
FC Augsburg : FC Bayern Munich 1:2
FC Bayern Munich : First FC Kaiserslautern 2:0

And this makes us "NOTORIOUSLY bad against bottom level teams"? :roll: Right....
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nur4bayern » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:35 am

tflags wrote:
nur4bayern wrote:More like the 2-3 loss to Mainz this year, ties with Hoffenheim and Hamburg and barely beating Augsburg. Add to that last year's loss to Kaiserslautern, along with another loss to Mainz, a loss to Koln, and ties with Nurnberg, Frankfurt, Wolfsburg & "Glabach (who were in the bottom three at the time). Recent history clearly shows Bayern play down a level against these teams and sometimes it bites them square on the ass.

So basically you consider the single loss to a team that is not even in relegation and which we played right after a CL game as a factor. And yet against the bottom five teams, out of the six games played we have lost or tied to none and allowed only ONE GOAL against:

FC Kaiserslautern : FC Bayern Munich 0:3
FC Bayern Munich : SC Freiburg 7:0
FC Bayern Munich : Hertha BSC Berlin 4:0
FC Bayern Munich : First FC Nuremberg 4:0
FC Augsburg : FC Bayern Munich 1:2
FC Bayern Munich : First FC Kaiserslautern 2:0

And this makes us "NOTORIOUSLY bad against bottom level teams"? :roll: Right....

You are only looking at this year, look up past seasons and tell me if you don't see a pattern of poor performances.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby AssemFCB » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:24 am

Maybe Olic and Tymo should start ahead of Gomez and Gustavo in order to rest the latter for the Basel game?
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:41 pm

AssemFCB wrote:Maybe Olic and Tymo should start ahead of Gomez and Gustavo in order to rest the latter for the Basel game?

Yeah they should, but probably won't happen
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:59 pm

A FB page which is usually reliable says that Robben will start tomorrow. I have asked for the source but haven't received a reply yet.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bayern196 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:56 pm

Precise Bayern win...
I'm a ghost!
bayern196
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby michel » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:56 am

This game is more about focus than it is about proving a point, but yet, the three points are essential in the race for the top.

Here are some thoughts in our preview at FC Bayern Central.
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby eliasov » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:42 am

Heynckes wary of Freiburg

Jupp Heynckes believes Bundesliga strugglers Freiburg will pose a threat to his Bayern Munich team when they meet in the league on Saturday.

Bayern are second in the German top flight, and go into the clash on the back of three wins from their last four matches in all competitions.

Freiburg meanwhile have only managed four league wins all season, and sit bottom of the table, three points adrift of safety.

Despite the two teams' sharply contrasting fortunes, Heynckes will be taking nothing for granted when his players arrive at the Mage Solar Stadion.

Christian Streich replaced Marcus Sorg as Freiburg coach on December 29, and saw his team go down fighting in a 3-2 loss away to Wolfsburg last weekend.

"Last Friday we saw Freiburg against Wolfsburg in the hotel together and you've obviously read or have been informed that Freiburg played well and lost unluckily," he said.

"They run a lot, play a good pressing game, they can run fast."

"When you look at the team then you have to say that the make-up is different now. They have young, aggressive players and I think they're remarkable opponents and we need a top performance."

Source:: http://www.soccerway.com/news/2012/February/17/heynckes-wary-of-freiburg/?
ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:51 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:A FB page which is usually reliable says that Robben will start tomorrow. I have asked for the source but haven't received a reply yet.

Regarding this they said bild.de, but I didn't check it myself.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby eliasov » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:40 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:A FB page which is usually reliable says that Robben will start tomorrow. I have asked for the source but haven't received a reply yet.

Regarding this they said bild.de, but I didn't check it myself.

Bild Predicted Lineup , yes Robben and Tymo in their Lineup ::http://sportdaten.bild.de/sportdaten/uebersicht/sp1/fussball/co12/bundesliga/#sp1,co12,se7094,ro23042,md22,gm0,ma377053,pe0,te0,ho1639,aw209,rl0,na4,nb2,nc1,nd1,ne1,jt0,
ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby dambun » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:08 am

Well... Spox has predicted the exact same lineup as the previous matches... i.e., Robben and Tymo on the bench:
http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/bundesliga/saison2011-2012/spieltag-22/aufstellungen/freiburg-bayern-aufstellungen.html

But I guess Bild is more often right about our BL line-ups.... right?
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby machkover » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:30 pm

Our "exes" , guerero and pizzaro did well in their game i hope SOMEONE (not to say G....s) will do well in Bayern's game against freiburg too [-o< . Otherwise, we shall suffer a lot this season ! However i am optimistic today as it is the case with most of Bayern's fans . By the way , for the Arab fans , the game will be broadcast on the FTA channel Dubaisport2 on badr and nilesat !! enjoy the game, mates !!
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby The Spyware » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:36 pm

Same line up again no Robben :x
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby hgb09 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:41 pm

I'm not happy with this, but I think Heynckes is abiding by the rule that says "never change a winning team".
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Cathe » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:52 pm

Hopefully Robben will be starting in our next game then.
Bayern - Anime - Gaming - Takarazuka
Cathe
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga