You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-08-27] SC Freiburg vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:30 pm

SC Freiburg will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 16

Re: [2013-08-27] SC Freiburg vs Bayern Munich

Postby Borusse » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:18 pm

quaazi wrote:wut.

please, PLEASE don't talk about Bayern tactics again.

Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby walter » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:34 pm

my biggest problem is I don't really understand what Pep is doing with Schweini. We look more like a 3-6-1 at times with Schweini playing as a third CB with a little more ball distribution responsibilities. I just don't like it, we are wasting him as a player.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:44 pm

Borusse wrote:The main difference for me is in the late stages of the game. Instead of letting Freiburg worry about what to do with the ball and waiting for counters you are the ones with the ball and giving Freiburg chances to press you, take the ball away and counter you in the last 10 minutes of the game! When you're winning! For me that is completely foolish. Freiburg would do shit if you would just defend and let them come at you. Guardiola's way is to keep the ball but that style of play can prove very dangerous against sides that are ready to press you till the end.

Guardiola is a good tactician when it comes to improving his own team but he seems not to consider the fact that the other teams have their strenghs which they can use. And most of teams rely mostly on counterattacks which is the perfect countertactic for Guardiola system.

They barely created any danger and the goal came after Schweini's injury when the team was totally messed up. The goal and that curved shot that hit the outside of the post were their only goal chances in the whole game. I mean... even Shaqiri had more clear goal chances than Freiburg not to mention Kroos 1 on 1 or Müller's miss
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Borusse » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:55 pm

Yes, thats why I said that I dont understand your tactics IN THE LAST 10 MINUTES OF THE GAME. :wink: The rest of the game was normal, its obvious you were going to attack. But there comes a point when you need to hold on to the result, not try to attack more.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby tflags » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:58 pm

Yes but seriously lacking teams are either scoring or getting posts with scarcely one or two shots on goal. The defensive system is not working right, A team or B. On the other hand the ridiculously high possession rate has amounted to ... a ridiculously low scoreline. We got lucky on match day 2; that game should have ended up just like this one.

The 4-1-4-1 will suffer not only until all parts get moving again but also on a lack of confidence in the players. And for some reason pressing is an afterthought; not like last year when everyone got their share of Mandzukic's elbows high up the pitch bar Barza.

I hope this gets better because the alarmist in me is beating the hell out of easy going T.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:05 am

tflags wrote:Yes but seriously lacking teams are either scoring or getting posts with scarcely one or two shots on goal. The defensive system is not working right, A team or B. On the other hand the ridiculously high possession rate has amounted to ... a ridiculously low scoreline. We got lucky on match day 2; that game should have ended up just like this one.

The 4-1-4-1 will suffer not only until all parts get moving again but also on a lack of confidence in the players. And for some reason pressing is an afterthought; not like last year when everyone got their share of Mandzukic's elbows high up the pitch bar Barza.

I hope this gets better because the alarmist in me is beating the hell out of easy going T.

What games have you been watching? Bayern have been pressing like dogs since Pep got here.....

Edit:By the way i find it interesting how this Bayern team all of a sudden cant finish after selling Gomez :mrgreen:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby square » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:12 am

If Muller or Kroos scored (as they had many chances), many people will admiring Pep about the rotation.

I hope Bayern will learn from the mistake of not scoring for more goals.
square
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Thailand

Postby Badger » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:35 am

I have an unusual feeling of disappointment since last night’s match. It lingers into the next day, and almost seems like the disappointment that accompanies a Bayern defeat rather than a Bayern draw. I think the belief that Bayern could and should have have taken the three points has a lot to do with it.

So what went wrong?

We could blame Pep’s new tactics, as many are doing elsewhere, and maybe that’s part of the problem, but it hardly seems to be the whole story, or even the major part of the story. I think it began with the team selection. This was as close to a B-team as we’re likely to see in a competitive game and, really, if Freiburg were to hit form they were likely to push a Bayern B-team very hard. It was a gamble to play this selection against Freiburg, who were hungry for points and playing at home. In the end, Freiburg weren’t bad defensively, but containable in attack – though that didn’t rule out their capacity for a surprise counterattack.

The greatest concern about the selection was the four defenders – Rafinha, van Buyten, Dante and Contento. Three of them are merely backup players, and can do an adequate job if drafted into a foursome of one backup player and three first-choice players. Here we had the inverse. There are concerns about the progress of the first-choice defenders adopting Pep’s tactics, but these four seem to be even further behind in their progress. But worst of all was something that had nothing to do with progress, formation, tactics or coach: the defenders made schoolboy-level errors each of the few times Frieburg got into a good attacking position. The defenders didn’t close down the player with the ball, they lost sight of attackers slipping in behind them to receive a cross and they tried risky clearances when a simple header was the best option.

The other alarming thing was Dante playing considerably below the level he played last year. Admittedly, there were signs of this in the last few games of last season, but it has continued into this season. He is getting caught out all too often. Attackers get past him, his clearances are sometimes risky and don’t come off, and he has come close to giving away a few penalties in the games so far. I most certainly hope that he’ll find his old concentration and form very soon.

Up front, Bayern were average at best. There weren’t enough in-form finishers able to unlock the reasonably good Freiburg defence. And so, of the chances they did create, many were wasted. I read that the passing success rate was 88%, but I find that difficult to believe; the number of bad passes in this game seemed far beyond that in the Nuremburg game.

Schweinsteiger’s unfortunate injury came at a bad time, and may have messed up the substitutions Pep would otherwise have made. I don’t know.

On a positive note, a B-team draw shouldn’t cause us too many worries. We are still top of the table, with only two teams able to leapfrog us at the weekend. The B-team had 74% possession away to the team that finished 5th last season, so the basic foundation to build on is still unshaken. Little about this game – except, perhaps, Schweinsteiger’s injury – directly relates to the Chelsea game on Friday, where we should see a different selection of players playing much more cohesive football.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:07 am

One thing is certain: this result is NOT Pep's fault.

The tactics are working. There is still some finetuning to be done, but we have improved a lot. Our problem at the moment is finishing, and we have a period like that every season. I remember once under Jupp we had a period like this, then they practiced finishing and all of a sudden we scored some 20 goals in a week.

They should practice finishing before the Chelsea game. Once they get that back we'll be scoring 3+ every game.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, Dante has been making too many mistakes recently. :( Is it time to bench him for a while?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:27 am

Baumann =D>
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:13 am

I agree with some users here about Dante. It's like he doesn't seem interested in the game. Not giving his 100% :?
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby tflags » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:25 am

Not a single mention of DvB's performance; rated worst by Kicker readers yesterday.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Badger » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:48 pm

Sportbild’s player ratings:
Neuer (3)
Rafinha (3)
van Buyten (3)
Dante (4)
Contento (4)
Schweinsteiger (4)
Mueller (3)
Goetze (5)
Kroos (3)
Shaqiri (2)
Pizarro (4)

I’d have been inclined to rate Rafinha and van Buyten a bit lower and Goetze a bit higher. For the record, the only Freiburg player to get a 1 or a 2 was Baumann, who got a 1 – probably well deserved.

I couldn’t find any Kicker ratings.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Badger » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:35 pm

MUTU wrote:Image

Baumann =D>

I must say I like the way Kroos attempted that. I reckon that he sensed the defender tracking back on him and, rather than allow the defender to attempt a shoulder charge or tackle from the side, Kroos ran across his path; this gave Kroos more room and time for the shot, and placed the defender in the position that he was likely to give away a penalty if he challenger Kroos. The shot wasn’t bad in the end either. It’s just a pity Kroos didn’t score in the bottom corner. It would have been a textbook goal.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:01 pm

Freiburg were really organized. They pressed Bayern high up the pitch in which many occasions, Bayern's defense was not able to build up play. There were many moments where Bayern's midfield was empty due to Schweini playing as CB and the other 4 players; Shaq, Kroos, Goetze and Mueller were too far upfront to provide support. Sometimes Kroos retreated back but did not do that often and the others did not help him. You could see Schweini with the ball next to DVB and Dante waiting and looking at the midfield and see no Bayern players near the half way line and either played a long ball, a horizontal pass or back pass to Neuer. The players still need time to get used to the system.

And I agree with Borusse and said this several times before. Give them some of their own medicine. I would even give them the ball to try and build an attack and push more players forward while Bayern defends a bit deep to try and counter attack. They needed to attack to at least try and score a goal so counter attacking would have been IMO the best weapon. Ok, Bayern's weapon is to preventing scoring through possession but why not have another tactic and be more flexible ?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga