You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-03-18] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:00 pm

RasenBallsport Leipzig will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2018-03-18] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:04 pm

Machiavellico wrote:I think it wouldn't be fair if we all picked on the players and the players only. Let's face it: Jupp got outsmarted today. This is the kind of performance we would've expected from Ancelotti's Bayern. And we all know how everyone would've reacted in that case.
The selection was completely off. This was a quite important match.. against the only other german team engaged in European football. I don't think Jupp should've addressed this one with Bernat, Rudy and Wagner(Lewa would've been better for the build-up play). And you could see how the guys just couldn't pick a pass past RBL's pressing midfielders. And I think Jupp should've expected that. RBL never turned up against us and played defensively. Not with 11 players on the pitch, at least.

It does seem a bit that he just threw away these three points. Luckily, we don't really need them.

Yes with all the respect to Heycknes, today he screwed up. This was an important game and Martinez should’ve started ahead of Rudy and Robert ahead of Wagner. Playing Bernat was a necessary risk in wake of our LW problems. The substitutions were surprising too. Rudy and Bernat should’ve come off at the 60th minute.

I’m pretty pissed right now! I haven’t been this upset after a Bayern defeat since the PSG loss.

Alaba, Kimmich, Vidal, Hummels and Thomas were all average today.
Last edited by America USA on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:07 pm

Had he played someone else and they would have been injured you would all have gone mental...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:11 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Hardrade wrote:jupp will kill them
I bet that Red Bull must have paid quite a bill in order to convince some of our players to sell the game

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Lol, and you wonder why we say you always overreact?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:12 pm

#12 wrote:Had he played someone else and they would have been injured you would all have gone mental...

Nah. I was in favour of a strong lineup in this one rather than the Besiktas game.

Leipzig’s pressing was a prequel to what we are gonna face in the CL (if we make it to the SF) against Barca and Man City/Liverpool and I am sad to say this but the team and the manager failed the test. The international break comes at a good time for Jupp to reflect on and analyse this defeat.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:13 pm

I don't want to piss off anybody, but what's the point to risk the important players at this time of the year from the first minute?

Two weeks ago Neuer was the only injured player on the team, and look at us now - Coman, Thiago, Tolisso and Robben are on the injured list.

Did you realize that Shabani was our last player on the bench?

We can't afford to lose more players, and probably Jupp wanted to understand what's the situation with Sebastian, since he's not playing regularly. And he won't. The dude can't create one good offensive situation to save his life, he can't tackle (Hummels was FURIOUS at him after one situation in the second half), and i can't imagine what his life would be if he was playing with a Kahn.

At least, James, Wagner and Muller played good ball. And i don't think that Jupp does not know how Leipzig are playing against Bayern. They are playing in the same way since the first game between the two - high pressing and fast passing thru the center.

A deserved win for Leipzig, they were the better team today.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby America USA » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:20 pm

I hope this defeat serves a sweet reminder to the entire club (players, manager, Uli/Kalle and the fans as well) that Bayern just cannot expect to rest on their lead to win the BL. Schalke have won three games (all 1-0 wins) in a row and you want to finish the league before anyone gets a sniff again.

The reality is that Bayern still need to win a couple of games (at least) to seal the BL title.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:28 pm

Holy shit,stop overreacting after one **** game.

I'm curious to see half of yall as Real fans. They are losing games in La Liga and yet they show up in the Champions League when it matters. We can afford to drop some points here and there as long as we play at our best in the Chmapions League.

Who's with me ?
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby America USA » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:30 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Holy shit,stop overreacting after one **** game.

I'm curious to see half of yall as Real fans. They are losing games in La Liga and yet they show up in the Champions League when it matters. We can afford to drop some points here and there as long as we play at our best in the Chmapions League.

Who's with me ?

I don’t give a **** about Real Madrid. That club has NEVER won the treble!

BTW this Leipzig style pressing is exactly what will be waiting for Bayern in the UCL semifinals (if we beat Sevilla) against Barcelona and Liverpool/Man City.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Hardrade » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:34 pm

You can’t possibly blame this on Jupp getting “outwitted” - there is only so much a manager can do, after all. If your guy plays like shit, well, all the peps and jupps and ottmars of this world woudn’t make a difference either.

Jupp rotates a lot and we have two injured mids atm, and injury prone Javi with important CL clash ahead. He had to play Rudy eventually. Players got a bit complacent, and some of them were quite bad. Kimmich was utter shit, why isn’t anyone talking about our golden boy getting roflstomped by their wings over and over again? Because everybody has favorites and usual suspects. We need more balance in our judgement, that’s for sure.
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:41 pm

Lukas wrote:Owen Hargreaves just said he hasn't seen us play this bad all season. Didn't he see the first few games under the Italian?
Wow, can you stand listening to that ungrateful prick?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:43 pm

Who's with me ?

Yeah, mostly this....
The only way we're losing the league at this point is if the team plane crashes into the Mediterranean and even then we might still win it. We literally *can* "rest on our lead" to win the BL, we would basically need to lose every remaining game and see Schalke or Dortmund win pretty much every remaining game (not quite every single one both ways, but close). Even still we're at >99% to win. I am not worried about that in the slightest.
In regards to the UCL - better to get a "wake up" in BL than in UCL. Not even Jupp can keep a squad performing at 100% all the time - it's better to get this out now.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:43 pm

Kimmich was bad but he wasn’t “utter shit.”

The Leipzig goals did not come from his side today so in that sense he did his job. However his inability against physical wingers worries me and that’s why in his thread I said that the real test lies ahead of him in the UCL and the WC.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:47 pm

America USA wrote:

Who's with me ?

I don’t give a **** about Real Madrid. That club has NEVER won the treble!

BTW this Leipzig style pressing is exactly what will be waiting for Bayern in the UCL semifinals (if we beat Sevilla) against Barcelona and Liverpool/Man City.

Clearly you don't watch a lot of football.

The only team which is using such a high press from this list is City.

Barcelona don't have the right players to press hard all the time - they are playing 4-4-2 with double 6,which means Suarez and Messi at the top,Iniestna and Dembele behind them. Iniesta is not that type of player,neither is Dembele. The problem is with Rakitic and Busquets - Ivan is leaving gaps to fill,and it's really hard for Busquets to do all the defensive job alone at the midfield.

Liverpool on the other hand - well,they can't press hard because they are SO SHIT in defence.The problem with them is to stop Mane/Salah (young Ribery/Robben model). Both RB and LB are bad - Moreno/Robertson and Arnold/Gomez, Clyne can be ready to play in some games but it's not sure.

And why you don't understand that in the important games we're not going to play with Rudy and Vidal in the midfield ? You're trying to tell me that it's better to play with Martinez today, to start with Ribery from the first minute ? To play Robert from minute 1 ? And just imagine that one of these few get's injured today - BAM,out for the season just like Coman. What you're going to say after that ? What you're going to say when we're
hypothetically forced to play in the Champions League with a Rudy-Vidal duo ?

Yeah,you're right- they don't have treble,but they have won the Champions League 12 times, so it's looking like they know thing or two about winning important games.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby America USA » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:50 pm

aterford wrote:In regards to the UCL - better to get a "wake up" in BL than in UCL. Not even Jupp can keep a squad performing at 100% all the time - it's better to get this out now.

I hope you’re right and after this defeat the team goes on an unbeaten run in all competitions!
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby wholagun » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:51 pm

Here is the reality. Im not upset we lost, it happens and we guys here need a healthy dose of cold water to bring them back to Earth.

We need to inject new players. Ribbery and Robben are good but Robben is injured again, I'm surprised he's gone this long this season without injury - sames goes for Ribery. Robben is injury prone and it will only get worse with time. Bring in new wingers please please please.

Injuries are once again plaguing us and leaving us with limited options.
wholagun
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga