You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-03-18] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:00 pm

RasenBallsport Leipzig will win
0
No votes
It will end in a draw
0
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
4
100%
 
Total votes : 4

Re: [2018-03-18] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:54 pm

wholagun wrote:Here is the reality. Im not upset we lost, it happens and we guys here need a healthy dose of cold water to bring them back to Earth.

We need to inject new players. Ribbery and Robben are good but Robben is injured again, I'm surprised he's gone this long this season without injury - sames goes for Ribery. Robben is injury prone and it will only get worse with time. Bring in new wingers please please please.

Injuries are once again plaguing us and leaving us with limited options.

FYI; Robben, Thiago and Tolisso will all be back by the Dortmund game and Robben was not played as a precaution. Transfermarkt says that our only long term injuries are Neuer and Coman.
User avatar
America USA
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 250 times
Been thanked: 425 times

Re: [2018-03-18] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Postby Roonzil » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:59 pm

Ulreich, Süle and to a certain extend James played well/ok...the rest looked either not bothered, out of their depth or simply asleep. This line-up basically was forced upon us by injuries and a lack of depth. With Coman and Robben out we only have one winger left, for a team that has relied heavily on wing play in the past, that's just not acceptable. Furthermore, I firmly believe the benching decision for Lewy was caused by his previous injury, which has been on and off in recent months (no need to play one of your most important players twice a week if you don't HAVE to).

This game showed:
- We lack wing depth and speed
- We lack QUALITY midfield depth for Martinez and/or Thiago

Had we played this game with Robben, Thiago and Martinez on the pitch (not even mentioning Boa), it would've looked different, I'm sure.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
User avatar
Roonzil
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2614
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:54 pm
National Flag:
Netherlands
Has thanked: 269 times
Been thanked: 1512 times
Gender: Female

Re: [2018-03-18] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Postby wholagun » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:03 pm

America USA wrote:
wholagun wrote:Here is the reality. Im not upset we lost, it happens and we guys here need a healthy dose of cold water to bring them back to Earth.

We need to inject new players. Ribbery and Robben are good but Robben is injured again, I'm surprised he's gone this long this season without injury - sames goes for Ribery. Robben is injury prone and it will only get worse with time. Bring in new wingers please please please.

Injuries are once again plaguing us and leaving us with limited options.

FYI; Robben, Thiago and Tolisso will all be back by the Dortmund game and Robben was not played as a precaution. Transfermarkt says that our only long term injuries are Neuer and Coman.



and as I said Im suprised Robben has been healthy this season compared to the 2 seasons prior. Doesn't change the fact we need more top tier options on the wings. Why is everyone here so afraid of change? We have got to have the most conservative segment of Bayern fans on this forum.
User avatar
wholagun
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 7:42 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 7 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-03-18] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Postby Roonzil » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:05 pm

America USA wrote:
wholagun wrote:Here is the reality. Im not upset we lost, it happens and we guys here need a healthy dose of cold water to bring them back to Earth.

We need to inject new players. Ribbery and Robben are good but Robben is injured again, I'm surprised he's gone this long this season without injury - sames goes for Ribery. Robben is injury prone and it will only get worse with time. Bring in new wingers please please please.

Injuries are once again plaguing us and leaving us with limited options.

FYI; Robben, Thiago and Tolisso will all be back by the Dortmund game and Robben was not played as a precaution. Transfermarkt says that our only long term injuries are Neuer and Coman.


It's called International BREAK for a reason...we know that reason well enough by now, to not make these kind of statements :lol:
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
User avatar
Roonzil
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2614
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:54 pm
National Flag:
Netherlands
Has thanked: 269 times
Been thanked: 1512 times
Gender: Female

Re: [2018-03-18] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:18 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
America USA wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Holy shit,stop overreacting after one **** game.

I'm curious to see half of yall as Real fans. They are losing games in La Liga and yet they show up in the Champions League when it matters. We can afford to drop some points here and there as long as we play at our best in the Chmapions League.

Who's with me ?

I don’t give a **** about Real Madrid. That club has NEVER won the treble!

BTW this Leipzig style pressing is exactly what will be waiting for Bayern in the UCL semifinals (if we beat Sevilla) against Barcelona and Liverpool/Man City.


Clearly you don't watch a lot of football.

The only team which is using such a high press from this list is City.

Barcelona don't have the right players to press hard all the time - they are playing 4-4-2 with double 6,which means Suarez and Messi at the top,Iniestna and Dembele behind them. Iniesta is not that type of player,neither is Dembele. The problem is with Rakitic and Busquets - Ivan is leaving gaps to fill,and it's really hard for Busquets to do all the defensive job alone at the midfield.

Liverpool on the other hand - well,they can't press hard because they are SO SHIT in defence.The problem with them is to stop Mane/Salah (young Ribery/Robben model). Both RB and LB are bad - Moreno/Robertson and Arnold/Gomez, Clyne can be ready to play in some games but it's not sure.

And why you don't understand that in the important games we're not going to play with Rudy and Vidal in the midfield ? You're trying to tell me that it's better to play with Martinez today, to start with Ribery from the first minute ? To play Robert from minute 1 ? And just imagine that one of these few get's injured today - BAM,out for the season just like Coman. What you're going to say after that ? What you're going to say when we're
hypothetically forced to play in the Champions League with a Rudy-Vidal duo ?

Yeah,you're right- they don't have treble,but they have won the Champions League 12 times, so it's looking like they know thing or two about winning important games.

A few things I would like to address in this post.

1. Liverpool and City are both very aggressive pressers. When Liverpool beat City at home it was their ultra high press that enabled them to win the ball in City’s half and then score goals. If Bayern can beat Sevilla and get one of Pool/City in the SF then fully expect to see the same nonstop high press we saw from Leipzig today.

2. Barcelona might not be the team they once were but they under Pep were the ones who made high press/winning the ball up field/3 second rule famous. When I still see Barcelona play it is the same strategy. As soon as they lose the ball, 3-4 of their players gang up on the opponent to win it back if not that then Suarez runs endlessly to keep putting pressure on opposition CBs. If Bayern draw them in a potential SF then expect the super high press again, although Barca might not press nonstop like Leipzig did today.

3. Yes Real Madrid have 12 European Cups. However, IMO winning the Treble is the true hallmark of a great team. It is no wonder that only a handful of clubs have ever been able to win the Treble. Winning the treble means you fight on all fronts and win on all fronts. Liverpool have not won the PL in decades and still managed to win the CL and they finished 5th the year the won the CL :lol:

So yes while the European Cup is possibly the biggest trophy a club can win, the treble is a truly remarkable achievement and is (IMO) above than just winning the CL.

4. Re: Injuries. Yes it sucks when our players get hurt but if we were to be scared of them picking up injuries every time they go on the field then we might as well never play them! Imagine Bayern are playing Barcelona at the Allianz in the semifinal and we are fielding our best team. Lewandowski gets hurt and Paulinho takes out Thiago. Both are ruled out for months. Then what? Every time Bayern plays there will be a risk of injury, that’s just an occupational hazard and if someone goes down then too bad, shit happens!

I agree that if Bayern had already won the BL and it was a dead rubber game, then we should not play our important guys because the risk of injury in a meaningless game is not worth it.

Today there was no reason not to play Martinez. He has not even been called up for the Spanish NT and could afford to rest in the Internationak break (like Robben/Ribery)
User avatar
America USA
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 250 times
Been thanked: 425 times

Re: [2018-03-18] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:22 pm

Roonzil wrote:It's called International BREAK for a reason...we know that reason well enough by now, to not make these kind of statements :lol:

Robben has retired from international football. I don’t think Tolisso/Thiago will play much for their respective national teams anyway. So I see no reason to be worried about the International break. Still fingers crossed and here is hoping that no one gets hurt over the next ten days.

wholagun wrote:and as I said Im suprised Robben has been healthy this season compared to the 2 seasons prior. Doesn't change the fact we need more top tier options on the wings. Why is everyone here so afraid of change? We have got to have the most conservative segment of Bayern fans on this forum.

Who the hell is afraid of change? Don’t you read the posts on the transfer section often? Almost every user here unanimously agrees that we need at least one new winger asap. Pulisic, Bailey, Malcolm, Draxler, Brandt and even Bale. All sorts of names have been thrown into the mix.
User avatar
America USA
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 250 times
Been thanked: 425 times

Re: [2018-03-18] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Postby wholagun » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:43 pm

America USA wrote:
Roonzil wrote:It's called International BREAK for a reason...we know that reason well enough by now, to not make these kind of statements :lol:

Robben has retired from international football. I don’t think Tolisso/Thiago will play much for their respective national teams anyway. So I see no reason to be worried about the International break. Still fingers crossed and here is hoping that no one gets hurt over the next ten days.

wholagun wrote:and as I said Im suprised Robben has been healthy this season compared to the 2 seasons prior. Doesn't change the fact we need more top tier options on the wings. Why is everyone here so afraid of change? We have got to have the most conservative segment of Bayern fans on this forum.

Who the hell is afraid of change? Don’t you read the posts on the transfer section often? Almost every user here unanimously agrees that we need at least one new winger asap. Pulisic, Bailey, Malcolm, Draxler, Brandt and even Bale. All sorts of names have been thrown into the mix.


hhhmm....not in a while no. I'll have to go make my way over.
User avatar
wholagun
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 7:42 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 7 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-03-18] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Postby pyrasur » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:43 pm

Hardrade wrote:You can’t possibly blame this on Jupp getting “outwitted” - there is only so much a manager can do, after all. If your guy plays like shit, well, all the peps and jupps and ottmars of this world woudn’t make a difference either.

Jupp rotates a lot and we have two injured mids atm, and injury prone Javi with important CL clash ahead. He had to play Rudy eventually. Players got a bit complacent, and some of them were quite bad. Kimmich was utter shit, why isn’t anyone talking about our golden boy getting roflstomped by their wings over and over again? Because everybody has favorites and usual suspects. We need more balance in our judgement, that’s for sure.


I love Kimmich but he was quite frustrating in this game.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4072
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2421 times
Been thanked: 1910 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: [2018-03-18] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:20 pm

First time in my life that I feel Heynckes bring us a guarantee defeat . Today is like Ancelotti or Pep Soul in Heynckes body. What the hell happen to him today?

Bernat, Rudy and Wagner starting instead of Javi Martínez, Lewandowski and Ribery against Leipzig... #-o

Heynckes took this game as if this was like facing freiburg, mainz or ausburg... Bernat was totally dissappear and Rudy a disaster in the marking, so Bayern played most of the game like with 9.5 or 10 players on the pitch, I cant accept Heynckes decision today, first time this season that I disagree with him.

Unacceptable Heynckes [-X
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!


DANKE JUPP!
User avatar
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1625
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Panamá
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 516 times
Been thanked: 538 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-03-18] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:39 pm

:shock:

It was a meaningless game. More like a training session for him. Can't understand such criticism to Jupp, really :o
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9412
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Sydney
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 2056 times
Been thanked: 2125 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: [2018-03-18] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Postby dras_l » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:54 am

That was good game and great benchmark to the player who think they should be in first 11 every game. Line up was perfect also to present to the board how team look like without our prime players.
Better strategic retreat than dishonorable defeat
User avatar
dras_l
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:02 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 13 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-03-18] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:29 pm

YlonenXabi wrote::shock:

It was a meaningless game. More like a training session for him. Can't understand such criticism to Jupp, really :o


At most, because this could have been a good game to test out some stuff for later CL rounds. However, I'm with Jupp. Judging by recent years safety is the most important thing right now.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 32384
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9256 times
Been thanked: 7823 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2018-03-18] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Postby bastos80 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:35 pm

lmao

Some people act like Heynckes hasn't rotated against strong teams in the past.
Remember the game against BVB in our treble season?
Title was already won yes, but right now it's only a matter of time.

"unacceptable Heynckes [-X " :lol: :lol:

Thanks for making me laugh.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
User avatar
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5973
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Germany
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 364 times
Been thanked: 2120 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-03-18] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Actually Heynckes should’ve gone Route 1 after the 85th minute. We had some really tall guys on the field (Wagner, Sule and Hummels) and good headers like Vidal, Robert and Thomas were there too. Franck and Rafinha should’ve stayed central to recycle the ball and stop RB counters and then Rudy and Alaba should’ve sent nonstop crosses into Leipzig’s box and we could’ve salvaged a draw in the dying minutes.

Its not the loss that bothers me but the fact that we were not clinical in taking our chances. This could’ve been a very Italian style draw because we got one part right wth the last ditch defending and Ulreich having a good game but we failed to land the sucker punch. Vidal, Hummels and Thomas all had more than decent chances to score a second goal for us.

It is the defending and finishing that worry me in the CL games. We did one part of that alright yesterday (defending) but in big games you gotta be ruthless with whatever chances that come your way.
User avatar
America USA
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 250 times
Been thanked: 425 times

Previous

Return to Bundesliga

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Yandex [Bot] and 3 guests