You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-09-09] Hoffenheim vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:30 pm

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim will win
10%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
90%

Total votes : 10

Re: [2017-09-09] Hoffenheim vs Bayern Munich

Postby Ed. » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:03 pm

This is going to be a rather painful season to endure.

Even if there are no improvements over this mediocre performance, I think we will win the BL narrowly. There is no way we are making it deep into the CL this year though, unless we get very very lucky with the draws.

For me, it wasn't the team display that was the most gut wrenching to watch. Everytime the camera panned to Hoeness and Rummenigge , that's what infuriated me. The rest of world football is being led be new young blood but we've got 2 senile morons at the helm.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:19 pm

bmguy wrote:Real madrid rightfully got rid off Ancelotti and put faith on the young coach. Look around at big players in Europe today, teams like Real, Atletico, Chelsea, MU/Man, Liverpool... they all have one thing in common. Their coaches are in the new wave of generation who are very energetic, young, responsive to new tactics, whereas Bayern got stuck with an old man who still hasn't figured out how to get the best of his men yet after 2 years :mrgreen:

This is a good point although some of the coaches that you mentioned are as old as Ancelotti. He is just perceived as an "old schooler". While a team like Bayern should not take a gamble with an inexperienced coach some fresh ideas are welcome. Nagelsmann himself requested Hoffenheim to install a scoreboard size LCD screen on the training ground so he can replay video from his iPad in real time from the training ground and it seems to improve his players' understanding of tactics. These are the type of things that seem to be lacking from Ancelotti's manual.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:21 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:Lol Hummels cleared the ball ti give the players the chance to regain their position. Him and Rudy took it easy because of this. Should have been disallowed.
They can disallow it if the ball was on our part of the field and if it had an effect on the game.
This is not our case this time because the ball was 50 meters away.
Hummels and Martinez fall a sleep, Rafinha tried to stop the ball but its not easy to run from the left side of the the pitch in 2 3 seconds.

Send via carrier pigeon.

You are right. The first goal was correctly allowed.

If an extra ball, other object or animal enters the field of play during the match, the referee must stop the match only if it interferes with play. Play must be restarted by a dropped ball from the position of the match ball when play was stopped, unless play was stopped inside the goal area, in which case the referee drops the ball on the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the point nearest to where the ball was located when play was stopped.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nhanphan1990 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:09 pm

tflags wrote:
nhanphan1990 wrote:
prasun77 wrote:Keep calm..season has just begun..every season we can lose a game ..chelsea lost against burnley at home..madrid have drawn 2 out of their 3 games against worst teams..why are we overreacting?
no team plays perfect football throughout the season or wins all matches in a season..anyway those who complain will keep on complaining.
I'm outta here. This has become like an arsenal forum.
Then please get out, you're welcome.

Welcome to the forum first of all. Please don't ask people to leave just because they are expressing their opinions. Matter of fact is, I agree with him. I actually thought Hoffenheim's performance was quite poor tbo. Even worse than Bayern's. :P
You're right, I shouldn't have said that :)

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
It is not the strong one that wins, the one that wins is strong.

Franz Beckenbauer
nhanphan1990
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Achilles » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:47 pm

Jorge wrote:This is a good point although some of the coaches that you mentioned are as old as Ancelotti. He is just perceived as an "old schooler". While a team like Bayern should not take a gamble with an inexperienced coach some fresh ideas are welcome. Nagelsmann himself requested Hoffenheim to install a scoreboard size LCD screen on the training ground so he can replay video from his iPad in real time from the training ground and it seems to improve his players' understanding of tactics. These are the type of things that seem to be lacking from Ancelotti's manual.

Sure, we need to advance our tech-training obviously, Klopp brought that first we need to keep up BUT this is not the main problem with the Italian, the problem lies to basics, the know-how his tactics look like ancient ideas which wouldn't be bad if the players fitted perfectly but unfortunately they don't it's a nightmare, he seems lost to translation, he seems afraid to change because of the criticism(?) and that's why the new era is better. Every new coach tries things to keep the team fresh and find the perfect fit & rythm, the so-called "new school" coaches can overhaul a formation even in a middle of the game worst case scenario in 2 games in a row while Ancelotti takes 2 months to process that adjustment.

It's completely abnormal that these kind of players can't produce -not score- produce chances in front the opponents goal. We're in auto-pilot something that's inexcusable from my point of view when my coach gets paid 15m having this CV. If he can't somehow change the plans in-game I'm OK since the preparation before the match is near to perfect unfortunately he seems lacking that kind of ability too what else can I expect atm?
Not good preparation before the matches, can't help in-game with subs or adjustments, no youngster development.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:51 pm

MaCk0y wrote:Hummels and Martinez fall a sleep, Rafinha tried to stop the ball but its not easy to run from the left side of the the pitch in 2 3 seconds.

Nothing Hummels or Rafinha could have done. This is all on Martinez.
Rafinha was too far out and Hummels went off the field while clearing the ball, the only option for him was to block the throw earning a yellow card. Martinez failed to race back to the open space to cover.

BTW, just replay the 2nd goal, Kimmich and Martinez had responsibility in the sequence of play that led to the goalscoring opportunity but Thiago stood a few yards from the open space watching how the goal was scored. I believe that he is not mentally in the game this season.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby James11 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:31 pm

Rafinha and Martinez doesn't deserve to play even against Anderlecht. James, Robben, Sule need to play in first X1 next match
James11
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby tflags » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:41 pm

Jorge wrote:even how Real Madrid does it right now since they don't even need CR7, Bale or Benzema to perform well or be on the field to look dangerous.

Marca wrote:Dos partidos en casa sin Ronaldo y dos pinchazos, cuatro puntos al limbo, sin goles de Benzema ni Bale contra el Valencia ni el Levante. . . Llegó la Cristianodependencia.
Two home games w/o Ronaldo and two loses, four points lost, without goals from Benzema nor Bale against Valencia or Levante. The Cristianodependency is upon us.

I don't think it is that simple. . . :lol:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby tflags » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:49 pm

MaCk0y wrote:You are right. The first goal was correctly allowed.

If an extra ball, other object or animal enters the field of play during the match, the referee must stop the match only if it interferes with play. Play must be restarted by a dropped ball from the position of the match ball when play was stopped, unless play was stopped inside the goal area, in which case the referee drops the ball on the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the point nearest to where the ball was located when play was stopped.

I'm not sure I agree with that. Having two balls on the pitch doesn't mean the game must be stopped. But it is normal having to wait for the ball to be cleared from the pitch before resuming play. There's a more strict case where referees even stop a free kick (which they shouldn't) because they are distracted or still looking someplace else.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Roonzil » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:05 pm

LMAO, we're sixth in the table :lol:
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby nhanphan1990 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:19 pm

tflags wrote:
Alduin wrote:Awful game with many players with sub-par performances. The formation does not help, this 433 with Müller is not working at all. The right wing is completely useless and it caused problems to Kimmich. If I am not mistaken both goals came from errors in our right wing. Ancelotti needs to provide proper instructions or find another tactical setup.

For the love of God. Had to go through fourteen pages worth of comments until you find something worth discussing.

Couldn't agree more. Muller's free roaming didn't work yesterday. Bayern played with a wingback on the right with Kimmich doing the (quite too powerful) crosses to an empty far post (and beyond). On the other side Coman was being overwhelmed with Rafinha doing very little overlapping and on the middle of the park Rudy had a poor performance next to Tolisso. No wonder both (Muller plus Rudy) were subbed off in favor of a winger and an attacking midfielder.

Simple fact is a 3+3 does not work. Bayern had a chance to add an additional menace on the right instead of wasting 70 minutes trying to get the ball to the box against a 5 men defense with four men in the middle and stranded left winger.
I have been saying the same thing to my friends since the last season. The 3-3 system does not fit Bayern in general,and Muller specifically. In addition, the gap between our midfield and backline is too big, combining with the fragile defence to make things way worse.

I think Ancelotti needs to re-organize the defence, he's an Italian...and defence wins games.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
It is not the strong one that wins, the one that wins is strong.

Franz Beckenbauer
nhanphan1990
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby rthebest » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:45 pm

I also think first goal was rightly allowed. however let say it shouldn't be allowed.Still Bayern had enough time and quality on the field to level or even win the game.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby FCB12Forever » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:54 pm

Roonzil wrote:LMAO, we're sixth in the table :lol:

And we beat 16th and 17th teams lmao
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:16 pm

FCB12Forever wrote:
Roonzil wrote:LMAO, we're sixth in the table :lol:

And we beat 16th and 17th teams lmao

Butbut... butbutbut: everyone foreseeing this is just a whiner, a bandwagon fan, a wannabe supporter, demanding galactico signings...
We will compete for CL... Cause apparently, you don't need a capable coach, orbtge right players, you just gotta tell yourself often enough...

rthebest wrote:I also think first goal was rightly allowed. however let say it shouldn't be allowed.Still Bayern had enough time and quality on the field to level or even win the game.

Or at least produce a single prime opportunity...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Roonzil » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:47 pm

She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga