You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-09-09] Hoffenheim vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:30 pm

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim will win
10%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
90%

Total votes : 10

Re: [2017-09-09] Hoffenheim vs Bayern Munich

Postby DerKaiser » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:38 am

Ancelotti raus Nagelsmann rein!!

Besides the general poor play, lack of creativity, slow transition going forward, I found our lack of spirit or drive extremely disturbing. Is Vidal the only player on the team who has Cajones and would get mad down 2-0 and start playing harder more aggressive?
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB12Forever » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:38 am

No, we're not getting relegated (I hope) - but we're not **** 59+1, we have a different kind of aspiration!

BVB, at the last year of the Klopp era, ended 18th before the winter break. (17th or 18th IIRC, anyway it was a relegation spot)

Anything can happen in football.

If this ever happens to Bayern, (I could not imagine it happening) I will remember this season as one of the most unforgettable season and I will remember every single game we played. Anyway, I don't think we will really get relegated.

And we never "matched really badly with" Hoffenheim until he took over - in fact we regularly beat them up and had never lost against them before...

Just curious, When we were able to beat Hoffe regularly who was their coach?
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:48 am

FCB12Forever wrote:
No, we're not getting relegated (I hope) - but we're not **** 59+1, we have a different kind of aspiration!

BVB, at the last year of the Klopp era, ended 18th before the winter break. (17th or 18th IIRC, anyway it was a relegation spot)

Anything can happen in football.

If this ever happens to Bayern, (I could not imagine it happening) I will remember this season as one of the most unforgettable season and I will remember every single game we played. Anyway, I don't think we will really get relegated.

And we never "matched really badly with" Hoffenheim until he took over - in fact we regularly beat them up and had never lost against them before...

Just curious, When we were able to beat Hoffe regularly who was their coach?

Yeah and Klopp ended his Dortmund tenure that season didn't he?! With our kind of investment and aspiration anything below 3rd place is laughable at best...

And the correct question is who was our coach! I like Nagelsmann, he's great, but stop acting like he's a Messiah! He got trashed by Pool twice! With our current display it doesn't take a Nagelsmann to beat us up, there's at least 8 teams in BuLi able to kick our asses in their home turf... Let's not even get started on the international perspective...
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB12Forever » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:44 am

#12 wrote:
And the correct question is who was our coach! I like Nagelsmann, he's great, but stop acting like he's a Messiah! He got trashed by Pool twice! With our current display it doesn't take a Nagelsmann to beat us up, there's at least 8 teams in BuLi able to kick our asses in their home turf... Let's not even get started on the international perspective...

I don't think Nagelsmann at this point can manage our squad with a lot of big names, as a 30 y o man.Still too early.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Jorge » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:57 am

#12 wrote:I like Nagelsmann, he's great, but stop acting like he's a Messiah! He got trashed by Pool twice! With our current display it doesn't take a Nagelsmann to beat us up, there's at least 8 teams in BuLi able to kick our asses in their home turf... Let's not even get started on the international perspective...

Hoffenheim coming short vs Liverpool can't be an indication of Nagelsmann's caliber overall as a coach since he lost some important players since last season Rudy, Süle, Schär, Schwegler, Toljan.... I am sure that Nagelsmann was still trying to figure out certain pieces but I agree with you that he has a long way to go before he can proof anything. A relatively easy Europa League Group with Braga, Ludogorets and İstanbul Başakşehir will be an opportunity for him to keep growing as a coach. In this specific game he kept the team very organized and hard to penetrate while their speed going forward troubled us throughout the game.

The way we are playing right now not only 8 teams, almost any BL team has a legitimate chance against us.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby dewajack » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:24 am

What happened against Hoffenheim was good. A little humble pie in the league, especially early on is a good thing I think. I believe it'll help them focus and not take anyone for granted. Not saying they took Hoffenheim for granted, but this should light a fire now. I think a team can perform at their optimum when they are being pinched a little. Still heavy favorites of course.

To be honest, I have no idea how an ideal starting 11 should look with this team. I'll leave it up to Ancelotti to figure it out. But he better sort things out rather soon if he wants to stick around.
dewajack
Getting the hang of it

Postby bmguy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:49 am

lols, Ancelotti is turning us into a mediocre team that everyone'd enjoy to play against. I'm afraid we could become a laughing stock in Champion League where PSG would slaughter us 5-0 :oops:

Real madrid rightfully got rid off Ancelotti and put faith on the young coach. Look around at big players in Europe today, teams like Real, Atletico, Chelsea, MU/Man, Liverpool... they all have one thing in common. Their coaches are in the new wave of generation who are very energetic, young, responsive to new tactics, whereas Bayern got stuck with an old man who still hasn't figured out how to get the best of his men yet after 2 years :mrgreen:
bmguy
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:59 am

Yes.

I don't care about the score at all. The problem is that we are going backwards. No improvement whatsoever, quite the opposite

At least we will improve with James 8)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:12 am

I don't remember Lewa's shot hitting the bar!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

[2017-09-09] Hoffenheim vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:14 am

@gumboduncan: We don't need to be in risk of getting relegated to realise we have taken giant strides backwards and keep struggling more and more. That is sadly the case, so yeah, it's not an exaggeration to call for Ancelotti's head. It's not just one loss. Don't forget last season. What we're seeing now is simply not better in any way. We are repeating the same mistakes, both on the pitch and in squad planning.

I don't know how long you've been watching Bayern (don't take this the wrong way, I'm not questioning your devotion, I just genuinely don't know), but 10 years ago we had Klinsmann as a coach. When we eventually fired him and brought in Heynckes as caretaker, we still had a chance to win the Bundesliga. In fact, I remember that on the last matchday (vs Stuttgart), it was possible for us to win the league, finish second and qualify for the CL (which we did), finish 3rd and go to playoffs, or not qualify at all. (Edit: actually it was 2008/09)

Likewise we sacked Magath after winning two doubles.

We don't need to be eliminated from all competitions to take action. We just need to realise that we're underperforming every single match and seemingly have no clue how to stop doing so. What's the point of waiting till April? We should do it soon precisely because it's still early. There's time to save the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:16 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:@gumboduncan: We don't need to be in risk of getting relegated to realise we have taken giant strides backwards and keep struggling more and more. That is sadly the case, so yeah, it's not an exaggeration to call for Ancelotti's head. It's not just one loss. Don't forget last season. What we're seeing now is simply not better in any way. We are repeating the same mistakes, both on the pitch and in squad planning.

I don't know how long you've been watching Bayern (don't take this the wrong way, I'm not questioning your devotion, I just genuinely don't know), but 10 years ago we had Klinsmann as a coach. When we eventually fired him and brought in Heynckes as caretaker, we still had a chance to win the Bundesliga. In fact, I remember that on the last matchday (vs Stuttgart), it was possible for us to win the league, finish second and qualify for the CL (which we did), finish 3rd and go to playoffs, or not qualify at all.

We don't need to be eliminated from all competitions to take action. We just need to realise that we're underperforming every single match and seemingly have no clue how to stop doing so. What's the point of waiting till April? We should do it soon precisely because it's still early. There's time to save the season.

Like Birkirkara we sacked the new coach after two games : a draw and a defeat. Yest we won with the '' new '' coach :P
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:32 am

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:@gumboduncan: We don't need to be in risk of getting relegated to realise we have taken giant strides backwards and keep struggling more and more. That is sadly the case, so yeah, it's not an exaggeration to call for Ancelotti's head. It's not just one loss. Don't forget last season. What we're seeing now is simply not better in any way. We are repeating the same mistakes, both on the pitch and in squad planning.

I don't know how long you've been watching Bayern (don't take this the wrong way, I'm not questioning your devotion, I just genuinely don't know), but 10 years ago we had Klinsmann as a coach. When we eventually fired him and brought in Heynckes as caretaker, we still had a chance to win the Bundesliga. In fact, I remember that on the last matchday (vs Stuttgart), it was possible for us to win the league, finish second and qualify for the CL (which we did), finish 3rd and go to playoffs, or not qualify at all.

Like Birkirkara we sacked the new coach after two games : a draw and a defeat. Yest we won with the '' new '' coach :P

OT: x'tghaffiga ghamilna lbierah istra! Kieku skurjajna dak il-penalty kienet tiswina hafna rebha kontra Balzan. Ma nafx kif ghadu jaghtihom Alex

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:52 am

Jorge wrote:
#12 wrote:I like Nagelsmann, he's great, but stop acting like he's a Messiah! He got trashed by Pool twice! With our current display it doesn't take a Nagelsmann to beat us up, there's at least 8 teams in BuLi able to kick our asses in their home turf... Let's not even get started on the international perspective...

Hoffenheim coming short vs Liverpool can't be an indication of Nagelsmann's caliber overall as a coach since he lost some important players since last season Rudy, Süle, Schär, Schwegler, Toljan.... I am sure that Nagelsmann was still trying to figure out certain pieces but I agree with you that he has a long way to go before he can proof anything. A relatively easy Europa League Group with Braga, Ludogorets and İstanbul Başakşehir will be an opportunity for him to keep growing as a coach. In this specific game he kept the team very organized and hard to penetrate while their speed going forward troubled us throughout the game.

The way we are playing right now not only 8 teams, almost any BL team has a legitimate chance against us.

That was my point buddy: the way his squad was weakened there should be no way in hell they'd even score, let alone twice... And the clean sheet is just ridiculous...

FCBM: be careful, tflags might be around...!
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MillaMjau » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:53 am

Time to take your hands out of your pockets, eh Carlo?
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland

Postby gumboduncan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:01 am

[/quote]You're kidding right?

And we never "matched really badly with" Hoffenheim until he took over - in fact we regularly beat them up and had never lost against them before...[/quote]

Well I would call Hoffenheim a bogey team for us since Nagelsmann's arrival. Last season we drew at the Allianz 1-1 and then lost at Hoffenheim 1-0. Now we lost 2-0. I can't remember a team that has given us so much problem since the Dortmund teams of few years ago.

You talk about lack of aspiration with winning "only" the Bundesliga. Our board has said it multiple times that our main goal each season is winning the Bundesliga title and anything else is a bonus. Sure the biggest price out there is the Champions League but we all know how difficult winning that is.

I agree with most of you guys that the team isn't playing with as much passion as I would've wanted, but the season is young and I'm sure we will be rolling in November and on wards.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Iceland

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga