You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-08-22] Hoffenheim vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:30 pm

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim will win
20%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
80%

Total votes : 10

Re: [2015-08-22] Hoffenheim vs Bayern Munich

Postby rthebest » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:39 pm

Reinhart wrote:Costa played well but he needs to do better with crosses when he's on the left because I think that's where's he going to play if Robben is starting. Goetze did a very good job today and I think his biggest asset is drawing defenders away from the penalty area with his dribbling. He should avoid going to the wings because he always ends up in a dead end. Apparently it was Boateng's 9th sent off and that's something he really needs to work on in the future. Lastly, I agree with everyone who says Bayern needs a new CB. Last week I would have said a LW'er but circumstances have changed.

I think Boa was unlucky today, but I agree he needs to be more careful. Costa's low crosses are devastating , but his high crosses has been awful. I think he is even worse than Robben when it comes to using his right foot.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:44 pm

rthebest wrote:
bigdrop wrote:Why didn't Lewa start?

Whether Robben is having a good game or not replacing him at 58 minutes is breathtaking. Replacing Lahm a few minutes later is heartstopping.

I think he didn't start because of those ankle knocks he received in the first game. Robben was bad today, he needs more game time.

No, I think Pep is just trying to find his plan B (False Nines) to cover for possible Lewy injuries.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:54 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Just finished watching highlights from my hotel in Germany. Damn what a game to miss! Ball wouldn't go in at all but it looks like we played very well. Gotze looked promising from highlights

Not really... Yes, deserved win, better team - but pretty much unprofitable play for like 70-80 minutes...

No, it was not a system issue, Alaba made the mistake... And he did not play well... Still there's no reason for being arrogant after a rather lucky win in Hoffenheim... You guys keep complaining about so-calld "Pep-haters" - but you use EVERY opportunity there is to point out how great MR. MEssiah is - not even that, you CREATE those "opportunities", you make them up... It'S not like there's no room for criticism in this game, but hey, I'll take the high road and spare you the details... ;)
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Korab » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:11 pm

Beginning of September will be great day for this forum, pissers will go back to school (they will be forced, I think, to spend some more time on gaining some knowledge instead of flooding us with an avalanche of their uh, ah posts) and the transfer window will be closed so again we won't have so many pissers getting excited about buying everything moving around with some success. Game was shit up to 75-th minute and that's all I can say.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Tedesco » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Korab wrote:Beginning of September will be great day for this forum, pissers will go back to school (they will be forced, I think, to spend some more time on gaining some knowledge instead of flooding us with an avalanche of their uh, ah posts) and the transfer window will be closed so again we won't have so many pissers getting excited about buying everything moving around with some success. Game was shit up to 75-th minute and that's all I can say.

That's like, uh, your opinion man.

I am none of what you mentioned and still think it was a great football match. Deal with it.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby RedQueen » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:00 pm

Can we perhaps consider some kind of middle ground between "it was a great match" and "game was shit"... I thought it was decent but not outstanding. It certainly was entertaining (and for that, Hoffenheim deserves as much credit as we do), but a long way from "great" - for "great" there were too many unforced errors not only in the 1st minute :wink:, unless you use the label "great" in an very inflationary manner. It was a deserved win but it still was lucky in a sense, because what would have happened if Polanski had scored that penalty is a question open to debate.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby prasun77 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:11 pm

RedQueen wrote:Can we perhaps consider some kind of middle ground between "it was a great match" and "game was shit"... I thought it was decent but not outstanding. It certainly was entertaining (and for that, Hoffenheim deserves as much credit as we do), but a long way from "great" - for "great" there were too many unforced errors not only in the 1st minute :wink:, unless you use the label "great" in an very inflationary manner. It was a deserved win but it still was lucky in a sense, because what would have happened if Polanski had scored that penalty is a question open to debate.

doesn't matter..if polanski had scored costa would have created one more.. :wink:
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby rthebest » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:12 pm

RedQueen wrote:Can we perhaps consider some kind of middle ground between "it was a great match" and "game was shit"... I thought it was decent but not outstanding. It certainly was entertaining (and for that, Hoffenheim deserves as much credit as we do), but a long way from "great" - for "great" there were too many unforced errors not only in the 1st minute :wink:, unless you use the label "great" in an very inflationary manner. It was a deserved win but it still was lucky in a sense, because what would have happened if Polanski had scored that penalty is a question open to debate.

I agree, it was a good match because the team had to work hard to win it. Hoffenheim has never been an easy opponent and they show it again. They didn't create much but they defended and pressed up the field to make difficult for Bayern to build up from the back, so hats off to them
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Korab » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:13 pm

It is my mid ground 15 min of good play 75 min of shit on average we are about 20% of the bottom mark to upside (was that Hoffenheim or Real game). It's really strange that Bayern played better with 10 guys squad than with the whole 11 for 75 min. It's just a fun! No, no problems with Guardiola I just say what I see.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby pyrasur » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:44 pm

You are a peach (In English that's a good thing)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Olimpia » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:49 pm

I think it was a great game. Not many teams can win while playing with 10 men, not even against Hoffenheim. Actually this is one of the things i like most at Bayern, the ability to get up even if they are down, even it's the last minute, the calm and cold blood and the perseverance that make Bayern a truly football machine. I think it takes a lot of moral strength to remain focused and to keep the good energy. It's not only about the legs, it's also about the mind.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Olimpia
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby JANCKER » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:19 pm

There were some good elements in our game today... all is good, we take three points back hoam.
CL is what Bayern has to win. BuLi is already won. :P Call me a hypocrite.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:29 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Just finished watching highlights from my hotel in Germany. Damn what a game to miss! Ball wouldn't go in at all but it looks like we played very well. Gotze looked promising from highlights

Not really... Yes, deserved win, better team - but pretty much unprofitable play for like 70-80 minutes...

No, it was not a system issue, Alaba made the mistake... And he did not play well... Still there's no reason for being arrogant after a rather lucky win in Hoffenheim... You guys keep complaining about so-calld "Pep-haters" - but you use EVERY opportunity there is to point out how great MR. MEssiah is - not even that, you CREATE those "opportunities", you make them up... It'S not like there's no room for criticism in this game, but hey, I'll take the high road and spare you the details... ;)

Err, not sure whether you're addressing me or not, but while I'm a confessed Pep fan, I'm not using this game to justify anything. Like I said, I couldn't watch and we all know how misleading highlights can be.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Machiavellico » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:47 pm

There's one thing to point(God I hope someone else didn't do it in previous posts, otherwise this would be severely redundant)
Alaba's mistake at the beginning was far from being just a mistake. Mistake is perhaps a little underestimating it. I've seen mistakes like that in the 3rd or 4th division of my country. Not really world class player material.
However, while most recognise it, let's face it, if Alonso did the same thing, this thread would've been perhaps 20 pages long, with half of the posts being direct attacks to Alonso, while the other half would be direct attacks to Pep and his *transfer policy*. And let's not forget about PepRaus. While Alonso's performances may have been worrisome in particular cases, that doesn't mean shit should be thrown at him in a more special manner than at the others just because he was born in Spain or because his name is Alonso.

I'm not saying we should crucify Alaba, but that same manner of constructively pointing out mistakes while analyzing a performance should be similar to all players. Not just the German ones or those who have been around longer than others. Bad things happen.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby ttoad92 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:50 pm

When we got our Second goal, That was the first time in a very long time that i've really cheered a league goal! Wish I could have voted Bob motm :(
ttoad92
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United Kingdom
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga