You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-11-02] Hoffenheim vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:30 pm

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 11

Re: [2013-11-02] Hoffenheim vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:46 pm

True, Kroos is highly underrated. He's a big reason for Bayern's brilliance this season.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Borusse » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:57 pm

I prefered the times when you were destroying the rivals in the league, it was easy to deal with Bayern getting 3 points. But when you put up a performance like that and get 3 points it hurts so much more. Not saying you didnt deserve it, just saying Hoffenheim had their chances.

All I can hope for now is that Bayern keep up their average form until we meet on Westfalenstadion. That will be a crucial game, can't wait for it.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:15 pm

I think this performances have something to do with motivation or lack thereof. That's why we have played our best games in CL or against Schalke.

Well, it wasn't a brilliant performance but this wasn't supposed to be an easy game and we deservedly got the 3 points. We'll see a top form Götze after the winter break, but he is not fit enough to start away games IMO. He can still be a good joker for the second halves however
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby AssemFCB » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:20 pm

Only thing positive about that performance was that it managed to win the three points. Muller is redefining Jekyll and Hyde performances, the defense is looking shaky and the depth is wearing thin. I surely hope we can manage to spank Augsburg and avoid injuries over the international break, because we're not going to last long at the Westfallenstadion performing like we are now.

And it's nice to have Martinez back, he was our best performer along with Ribery, in my opinion.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby michel » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:02 pm

Simply subpar. Bayern struggles badly in a 2:1 against Hoffenheim, equalling Hamburg’s record with 36 games without defeat. The team lacked sync and composure through 90 minutes! More: The unconvincing Bayern theater continues, 2:1 in Hoffenheim
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:13 pm

I don't know whether I should be disappointed that we conceded first for the third consecutive game, or happy that we once again turned a game around.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:29 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I don't know whether I should be disappointed that we conceded first for the third consecutive game, or happy that we once again turned a game around.

Same here, whenever Bayern concede goals i feel like they have lost in a way. From the post match interviews it sounds like their is a bit if a problem and Bayern cant get going early. Hopefully this will be addressed before the strip to Signal Iduna Park later this month....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Achilles » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:54 pm

I have to say that I wouldn't bet that Javi Martinez will be in such a good form aafter so much absence,today he was clearly one of the best along with Ribery and Schweini.When I saw his great positionings and his passionate chase down on the opponent a smile of happiness came to me like I saw an old friend from the past.We definetely need Martinez and I hope he will be even better.I really admire Lahm's skills what he done as DMF but with Martinez8... oh different level.

Something about Kevin Volland,I like him,everything he does makes sense,he is agile,he can shoot with both feets,acceleration and explosiveness,I think Kloppo will go for him.Volland reminds me of Rossi(Fiorentina) he has the same style but he has to take off that "rookie" tag he has and to perform like an already class striker(the same we are asking for Shaqiri)
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:44 pm

As I expected it was a difficult match... IMO Hoffenheim are the strongest opposition so far. Yes more then Bayer L and Man C...
When Schweinstiger won that ball in the area I knew that a goal was coming. His facial expression just showed that :)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Time to unleash the Sammer.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:29 pm

Martinez had a great game. Didn't think Pep would have kept him on for the whole game. But Ribery, he was amazing. That pass to Mueller! He knew exactly where he was, turned around quickly and passed the ball with the outside of his foot. Assist machine. :D
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:09 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:00 pm

A few random observations on the Hoffenheim game...

I watched this one on Sunday afternoon, and thought it was another enjoyable game. Seeing it a day afterwards, I felt that the whole thing about Bayern’s defence was not as worrisome as the comments during the live game would warrant. An attack of Hoffenheim’s calibre was almost certain to get 2-3 good chances, and that’s where Neuer rose to the occasion to demonstrate his worth.

That said, I did read afterwards that Guardiola expressed concern about the effectiveness of Hoffenheim’s tactics, and the danger of other teams learning from it. I’m delighted that he spots trouble in its infancy and has plans to address it. Essentially, Hoffenheim managed to stem the build-up of Bayern’s play from defensive midfield – ie Martinez – and the alternatives of Boateng and Dante building up right from the back weren’t accurate enough or good enough. Perhaps it is one of the clearest cases where temporarily switching to the double-six of Martinez plus Schweinsteiger would have made the difference, and perhaps Guardiola has some other solution which will work.

Injuries to Shaqiri, Robben and Kroos, led to Guardiola playing all three of the main players we regard as strikers and false nines: Mandzukic, Mueller and Goetze. Some have mentioned Mandzukic’s playing a lot on the wing, but I reckon that was all part of letting those three players swap around as the striker/false nine. In the end, Mandzukic had an average game and Mueller and Goetze were below average. I think I’d have preferred to see Mueller subbed out instead of Mandzukic. It’s speculation, of course, but I think Mandzukic could have netted some of those headers Mueller missed late on in the game.

It was good to see Martinez back, and I think that he did marvellously well, playing his first full game, as a lone defensive midfielder, and having to cope with the challenge of Hoffenheim, who targeted him as the weakest link. We missed Robben and Kroos – especially Kroos. Nobody retains possession so well and distributes the ball so calmly from an advanced position on the field as Kroos does; he is a huge part of Bayern’s high possession rates. And that takes a lot of pressure off the defence. The game looked very different after he came on – not because he did a lot of spectacular things, but because he cemented the midfield.

A lot of praise must go to Hoffenheim. Like many other teams, they probably give a little bit extra and look at their best against Bayern, but I think that they also look like the basis of a good team deserving to finish high up the table – maybe even challenging for those 5th and 6th Europa league spots. They were robbed by Leverkusen, but perhaps some form of karma hit Leverkusen when Braunschweig beat them at the weekend. Anyway it was exciting to see some of the talent Hoffenheim have – Volland is shaping up for inclusion in the German national team in future, and the 17 year old goalscorer, Suele, seems to be worth watching.

Overall, it was nice to have equalled that old record of consecutive Bundesliga games without defeat, and topping the table was even more important. There is little doubt, however, that there’s a lot of hard work and consistency needed to go on to win the league title.

As a footnote, here are Bild’s ratings for the Bayern players. (Kicker’s are generally better, but they are rarely available online before Tuesday.)
Neuer (4)
Lahm (3)
Boateng (3)
Dante (4)
Alaba (3)
Javi Martín. (4)
Müller (3)
Götze (5)
Schweinstei. (3)
Ribéry (2)
Mandžukić (3)
http://www.bild.de/bundesliga/1-liga/saison-2013-2014/spielbericht-1899-hoffenheim-gegen-fc-bayern-muenchen-am-11-Spieltag-33156348.bild.html
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Tedesco » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:15 pm

That's a good read Badger. Thank you
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Borusse » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:36 pm

Badger wrote:and that’s where Neuer rose to the occasion to demonstrate his worth.

Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga