You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-03-17] Hertha BSC vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:30 pm

Hertha BSC will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 17

Re: [2012-03-17] Hertha BSC vs Bayern Munich

Postby RAGHU » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:36 pm

good night guys..... gladbach we are COMING!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
RAGHU
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby CroCHEF » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:51 pm

CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby hgb09 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:57 pm

Bring Gladbach on
hgb09
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby michel » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:03 pm

Here are my analysis and video highlights at FC Bayern Central.

Next test will be harder in the DFB Pokal in Gladbach, though. The team will have to be clinical to win against them.
Publisher of FC Bayern Central
michel
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:20 pm

We just need Dortmund to draw one of their remaining 7 games (beside ours) and we reclaim top spot after kicking their ass :D
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:37 pm

Anyone has ball possesion statistics?

I bet it was around 80%
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & Euro 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby BrianSwan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:45 pm

72%
BrianSwan
Getting the hang of it

Postby CroCHEF » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:29 pm

CroCHEF
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:13 pm

Match ratings

Hertha
Thomas Kraft 5.0
Had no chance to save either the first or third goals, but could have done better for the second, which was put inside his near post. Substituted at halftime after sustaining a thigh injury.

Christian Lell 5.5
Benefitted from his athleticism, which helped him in some instances - he might have been more appropriately used in his natural right back position than in midfield. Got forward a few times, but ultimately loses credit for failing to give Perdedaj and Morales more support in marking Ribery.

Roman Hubnik 4.0
Did not commit the mistakes that Janker made, but nonetheless became frustrated and took it out on Kroos in a terrible and cynical challenge. His teammate was worse, but the Czech center back looked more 2. Bundesliga than top flight.

Christoph Janker 2.5
A nightmare of a match that he will want to forget as soon as possible. Dispossessed ahead of Robben's first goal, and then conceded the penalty that made it 3-0. Later gifted the ball to Robben in the lead up to the fifth goal.

Felix Bastians 5.0
The left back cannot be fully blamed for Robben's first effort, for which he was out of position, but the fault rests on Janker. Had some trouble dealing with the tandem of Muller and Robben in wide areas, but the Bavarians were most dangerous on the opposite flank.

Andreas Ottl 5.0
Played the ball more often than any of his his team-mates in midfield and distributed cleanly, but his passes never had the creative touch to support Raffael and Ramos.

Peter Niemeyer 5.0
Put in the hard yards as Hertha's midfield anchor, but could not keep up with Muller, whose movement gave him all sorts of trouble.

Fanol Perdedaj 4.5
Had no joy in midfield as he was forced to spend the entire first half to help mark Ribery. Chased the Frenchman's shadow for long spells, and almost never touched the ball. Substituted at halftime.

Adrian Ramos 5.5
Dominant in the air in the rare instances in which he had service, but put one shot wide, and had another deflected and cleared off the line. Nearly found his way through on goal in the second half, but was stopped. Withdrawn with 18 minutes left to play.

Raffael Caetano de Araújo 5.0
Nearly gave the home side a surprise lead, but fired into the side netting. Made a couple nice passes, but lost his edge as Bayern rained in the goals. Booked for an awful challenge on Gomez that could have seen red.

Nikita Rukavytsya 5.0
Had a penalty claim denied early, but it was a weak one, as his first touch had left much to be desired. Made some good runs off the ball, but lacked any cutting edge in the final third and spent much of the game defending.

• Substitutions
Sascha Burchert 5.5
Replaced Kraft for the second half. Made one nice save from Luiz Gustavo, but was left stranded as his defense gave very little support.

Alfredo Morales (Flop of the Match) 3.0
Came on to replace the very disappointing Perdedaj, and within moments conceded a penalty as he wrestled Ribery to the ground. Gave away another spot-kick later with an amateurish challenge. Totally out of his league.

Pierre-Michel Lasogga 6.0
Took over from Ramos for the final 18 minutes, but was starved of service. Made the right run and could have had a goal late, but the delivery to him was poor.

Bayern
Manuel Neuer 6.5
Had a few shots come his way, but only one was dangerous and on target, and that was cleared off the line by Kroos. Comfortably dealt with crosses, but on the whole had very little to do.

Jerome Boateng 5.5
Saw little action at the back, but lost his focus on one occasion and was forced to commit a professional foul after losing possession.

Philipp Lahm 7.5
A continuously dominant presence on his wing. It was rare that Hertha advanced up his flank, and the captain was a perfect complement to Robben.

Holger Badstuber 6.0
Slipped to concede a chance to Raffael early, but made no more errors and executed one brilliant challenge to deny Ramos after the break.

Franck Ribéry 8.0
Unmarkable. Could have had three assists in the opening 10 minutes. Instead had one, and later won a pair of penalties. Simply outstanding, and irreplaceable when on this form.

Arjen Robben (Top of the Match) 8.0
Scored with a brilliant finish to make it 2-0, then struck two picture perfect penalties. The absolute king of his flank, and could have perhaps had more goals, but was substituted with 20 minutes left to play.

David Alaba 5.0
Made a trio of mistakes in the opening quarter hour in which he nearly conceded a penalty, was dispossessed in his own half, and had a weak back-pass that set up a chance for Raffael. Improved afterwards, but is very fortunate Hertha were poor in front of goal.

Luiz Gustavo Dias 6.5
Did well to break up Hertha's advances between midfield and attack, but played in a very understated role. Had a chance for some personal glory, but his shot was blocked by Burchert.

Toni Kroos 7.5
Scored and deserved an assist for his clever chip to Gustavo. Outstanding once again in place of Schweinsteiger - his accuracy and consideration in the pass were exquisite.

Thomas Müller 8.0
Opened the scoring and took a big boost of confidence after finding the net. Assisted Robben for Bayern's second, then won the penalty for the third. Substituted, but can be pleased with his performance over the hour.

Mario Gomez 6.0
Had a poor game in front of goal, but sent Muller through before his teammate won a penalty, and scored from the spot. Not at his best, but nonetheless increased his tally to eight goals in three games.

• Substitutions
Rafinha 6.0
Came on as a late substitute and played in midfield, which perhaps was a more appropriate position for him than that of full back. Had little motivation to make an impact, and acted accordingly.

Danijel Pranjic 6.0
Substituted in for Ribery in the latter stages of the game. Not exactly the electric presence of his predecessor, but like Rafinha had no reason to give his all.

Anatoliy Tymoshchuk 6.5
Replaced Muller for the final half hour and shored up the Bayern defense in midfield. Won his challenges, and limited the hosts' chances on the counterattack.

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-us/match/61033/h ... er-ratings
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
MUTU
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:21 pm

CroCHEF wrote:Image

ROTFL! Major :lol:
Rule #692: Whatever you do in life, Alaba... has done it better.
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:07 pm

It is funny...but it also makes me a little angry:)...it is like Jupp does not decide before the match who will take certain free kicks.
sch0ll7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:53 pm

I think it depends on the exact positioning of the freekick. And sometimes it would fall into a gray area where it is not clear who should choose, so the players have to decide themselves.
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
MUTU
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:14 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:it is like Jupp does not decide before the match who will take certain free kicks.

Has its advantages though, as it makes us less predictable. We have at least 4 great free kick takers.

We don't want a repeat of earlier this season, when DVB scored a good one and ended up taking every free kick for the next few games.
In Pep I trust
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:25 pm

I mean when was the last time Ribery scored from direct free kick?...against Man Utd?

He always hits the wall!!

Robben should take all the direct free kicks at the right side [or even Badstuber]

But Kroos should take all direct free kicks from left edge of the box. Ribery is not top free kick taker. Kroos is much better if you ask me. Not that he has stronger shot but his shots are more precise.
sch0ll7

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:32 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:I mean when was the last time Ribery scored from direct free kick?...against Man Utd?

He always hits the wall!!

Even then, he still hit the wall (Rooney) :)

MUTU
Site Admin

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga