You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-11-29] Hertha BSC vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:30 pm

Hertha BSC will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 7

Re: [2014-11-29] Hertha BSC vs Bayern Munich

Postby pyrasur » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:02 pm

Lewa is fine. He had enough opportunities for a system that isn't made for a striker. A bunch is being made out of not very much he didn't convert some chances but he's doing well enough. He dug us out of a hole in Manchester City and if Bayern had finished the job the discussion would be different.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby JANCKER » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:10 pm

pyrasur wrote:Lewa is fine. He had enough opportunities for a system that isn't made for a striker.

:thumbup:

To not take this to another level... the system is a different topic. He needs to improve and can improve, that's all. You could see Pep's face reaction when some chances were missed last game, you could see he was not amused.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Korab » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:56 pm

JANCKER wrote:
pyrasur wrote:Lewa is fine. He had enough opportunities for a system that isn't made for a striker.

To not take this to another level... the system is a different topic. He needs to improve and can improve, that's all. You could see Pep's face reaction when some chances were missed last game, you could see he was not amused.

Of course he will improve, for now you have Robben, Ribbery,Goetze,Muller and few smaller ones to get to pinnacle and forget the egos then we will see, for now only Jancker can convert 100% opportunities to goals and I support him wholeheartedly, go for it man!
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby pyrasur » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:57 pm

For sure.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:22 pm

Korab wrote:
JANCKER wrote:

Of course he will improve, for now you have Robben, Ribbery,Goetze,Muller and few smaller ones to get to pinnacle and forget the egos then we will see, for now only Jancker can convert 100% opportunities to goals and I support him wholeheartedly, go for it man!

Why did we kick Mandzukic out? Explain me... For now he's not being an improvement in my eyes as much as I wanted it to be. You have your opinion about it, I have mine, no hard feelings.

I hoped he would turn out to be better than all his unsettled predecessors, none of them managed to be a long term solution here. And I can't see 'this' Lewa have a brighter future than them if he doesn't step up and score more, he has a better team here than at BVB.
I wanted Lewa at Bayern, I thought he was the weapon we're lacking, to convert as much as possible of our chances...
Just look at Pep's face last game, and you'll see I'm not the only who wants more from him.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:29 pm

JANCKER wrote:Why did we kick Mandzukic out? Explain me...

Because scoring 6 goals in 20 Champions League matches falls short of the requirements that Bayern have for what we consider to be by far the toughest competition there is.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:31 pm

MUTU wrote:

Because scoring 6 goals in 20 Champions League matches falls short of the requirements that Bayern have for what we consider to be by far the toughest competition there is.

I'm asking that in the context of bringing another 'Mandzukic' in then... What's the point? :P

Edit: Gomez scored more, but they still thought Mandzo was an improvement over Gomez.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:38 pm

JANCKER wrote:
MUTU wrote:

I'm asking that in the context of bringing another 'Mandzukic' in then... What's the point? :P

Edit: Gomez scored more, but they still thought Mandzo was an improvement over Gomez.

Because when Lewandowski scores 4 goals against Real Madrid while Mandzukic scores 3 CL goals per season, you expect him to score more in the Champions League. So far, Lewandowski scored 2 goals in 5 Champions League matches, so if he manages to score 1 goal in his next 5 Champions League matches he'll have equalled Mandzukic. I'm ready to bet that he'll have a better goals-per-minute ratio.

As for Gomez, I've heard some inside info as to why he was really sold, and it wasn't his skills, it was something that happened off-the-pitch. If you read Pep's biography you'll see that he would have really liked to keep Gomez. Anyway, can't make this inside info public, if you want to know PM me and I'll tell you about it.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Korab » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:39 pm

JANCKER wrote:
MUTU wrote:

The simple answer to your question is that everybody scores more, and who cares if Mandzu is top scorer or not. Bayern winning everything for few years is the goal!
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:06 pm

Lewy will find his scoring form eventually. At the moment he is serving really well as another attacking midfielder (probably by design). Pep doesn't seem to want a pure 9 anyway, so it is natural for Lewy to play more withdrawn.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby Borusse » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:12 am

I think you have no idea what "great finisher" means. It doesn't mean that he is unable of scoring great goals or scoring regularly. He is capable of doing that.

What great finisher means is that he needs a very small amount of chances to score. And Lewandowski was never that. He has lots of great qualities and is a brilliant player but his finishing skills were always... well, lets call it unstable. In one game he scored 2 goals from 3 chances, in the next game he failed to score from 4-5 chances. He is not a killer, never was and probably never will be but who knows.

I always hold my head in disbelief when I read stupid answers like "And what about Immobile, Ramos" blabla... Don't you see how stupid that is? I'm talking about Lewandowski, not freaking Immobile or Ramos.

The strange need to attack one of the players from my team because I wrote something negative about a player from your team. It's childlish, get your shit together. If I was a fan of a team from the 3rd division (if things go this way, this can become a fact in two years), I wonder if you would apply the same logic.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:40 am

You said that in the past and I'm OK with that, but I think this quote (specially the last part of it) was a little bit disrespectful to us. At least I didn't like it. That's just sour grapes to me

Borusse wrote:I told you many times that Lewa was never a great finisher, I guess some of you didn't listen.

BTW he's probably not the best clinical striker, but I'd like to know who is a great finisher now :| Van Persie? Falcao? Even Gomez, who was clearly a poacher, used to miss clear chances almost every game. I read that Agüero was a great finisher... :lol:

I'm not worried with Lewy. I'm sure he will start to score more often from this easy chances. He's playing really well now. As somebody said before, he is more like an extra attacking midfielder who can score or set up a chance for any other player. In fact he spends most of the time outside the box.

He's still adapting to our tactics. Look at Luis Suarez in Barça, he's missed like a hundred of clear goal chances in the last month

Lewandowski will score in the big games, I'm sure of that.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Borusse » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:45 am

That's why I also said before he joined you that he will fit in perfectly into the system becuase he can set up chances for other players and is good at holding on to the ball in tight spaces.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby runaway » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:58 am

Relax guys, Mr. Fancy will score when he fancies. He's reserving them for Real Madrid.

Maybe with Guardiola he'll learn to keep some things simple. But right now, he's already fitted the system perfectly although with rough edges. There's room for improvement.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby quaazi » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:09 am

Gomez was really odd in that way, he missed just as many clear chances as Lewa does these days, but he had a whole 'nuther style of play. So he scored more because he had a superb sense of positioning himself in the box as well as an almost perfect physical frame for a striker (even if I wish he had used it more). So he scored more goals while contributing to the buildup less. Only makes sense that he played well in a more rigid system than he would now under a more fluid system. It's all about tradeoffs. We have a lot more options in our play, but we can't really count on loose balls/aimless crosses being converted as reliably.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga