You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-03-07] Hannover 96 vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:30 pm

Hannover 96 will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
20%
Bayern Munich will win
80%

Total votes : 5

Re: [2015-03-07] Hannover 96 vs Bayern Munich

Postby quaazi » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:56 pm

Right, sorry, it was the Hamburg game then where the coach was fired before the match day and we laboured to a boring draw.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Re: [2015-03-07] Hannover 96 vs Bayern Munich

Postby runaway » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:38 pm

This was how the team was set up before Dante's sub:
Can't see tweet? Click here!

Only 2 players in the center and 3 players gravitating on the wings. No wonder there's U passing. I can understand why it was like that on paper. Hannover got massive dudes in the center. Passing around the sides would bypass that. But the use of long balls was not the best choice. It was pointed out before in bayerncentral blog post that Hannover is one of the best in aerial duels and we still sent those long balls.

The team lacks that spark and some leadership in midfield to egg everyone on and give them some urgency. We can't rely on Robben every single game. Alonso was brilliant before the winter break. Considering that Fusballgott is actually back now and we got Alonso, the lack of anything in midfield is really baffling. When Ribs came on you see that change, someone taking upon himself to do something.

Alaba is one hell of a player but if he's going to be the heart and soul of our midfield in the coming years, he needs to assert himself more. Make runs, take players on, more penetrating passes through opponents defense, even shoot more from distance. We got a hole in midfield. Whether it's because of Alonso + Schweinstiger = black hole or another matter, if the midfield is not in great form, the whole team suffers. Maybe Alonso missing a few games through suspension will force the issue to find an alternative. Boateng in midfield anyone? :wink:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Previous

Return to Bundesliga