You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-02-23] Hannover 96 vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:30 pm

Hannover 96 will win
6%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
94%

Total votes : 16

Re: [2014-02-23] Hannover 96 vs Bayern Munich

Postby AdepT » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Tedesco wrote:
AdepT wrote:I'm just sad, Mueller could have easily gotten his hat-trick in the next 5-10 mins. :(
It wasn't informed yesterday or during the game that that was a injury sub. And I believe it wasn't one.

But he IS injured.

Now we know.
Tell me, you didn't find it a bit odd? There was no mention of any injury yesterday.
The devil worked the mind for 24 hours. :P

It's almost as if Pep can do the scan of player's bodies to identify who's hurting. :lol:
Last edited by AdepT on Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:18 pm

AdepT wrote:
runaway wrote:One can also make an argument that, Muller doesn't need to get that hattrick. He might be even more driven to score goals early and be more clinical since he knows he might get taken off. What's the difference between 2 goals or 3 goals scored when the team is winning 0-4? There'll be plenty of Bundesliga matches for everyone. :coffee:
Edit: Just read Adept's and Firefox's behind the scene news... and I was like... "We of little faith..." :lol:

That's what Pep does to your mind. :P
Always find a positive explanation.

Take a player off as soon as he scores his second so that he knows he should score three under that time.
Come on. That's an absurd logic runaway. :P

Their isnt any twist, Muller is injured so Pep made the right call. Imagine if Muller played 80-90 mins and maybe scored a hattrick, he could be facing a longer injury spell...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Tedesco » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:18 pm

Maybe Müller asked to be subbed off... Who knows
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby runaway » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:26 pm

AdepT wrote:Take a player off as soon as he scores his second so that he knows he should score three under that time.
Come on. That's an absurd logic runaway. :P

I typed it before I read Muller's injury news so I was trying to find a reason why take a player off who's on a hattrick. :lol: There's still our issue with clinical finishing despite our big wins in BuLi, doing it in the UCL might cost us. Someone shared some infographic about only Ribery has scored outside the box for us in BuLi. I miss rocket shots. :(
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby DerKaiser » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:16 pm

AdepT wrote:
ltramsey09 wrote:It looks like Basti and Pep were not on the same page when Pep subbed him off...

Basti wanted to finish the 90' and Pep looked like he took him off to protect him...

I am not sure what they're discussing but it does look like he wasn't too happy about it. He didn't play a single min vs Arsenal and could easily have played 90 mins yesterday. Thiago/Gotze have been in there for the past three games all 90 mins, so may be they could have been subbed.

Plus I was very surprised by Pep's substitutions yesterday especially Mueller's. I know it's all about the game but taking off a player when there's 30 mins left who can get a hat-trick when the team is winning 3-0, is just INSANE! OUTRIGHT INSANE! Also, that was the first sub of the game too.
Honestly, I think Pep lost his mind yesterday. I was pissed. There I said it. Let the hate flow through you. :|

Folowing the game in an interview with him he explained the situation: it was jokingly played on:
"Thats the last time i make a run after i pass Arjen the ball!
he just made a pass to Arjen and made a hard sprint to receive the ball again, and Robben opted to dribble.
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Badger » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:33 pm

I see a few complaints about Pep's subs. I can't aagree. Rotation is essential not only to vary the tactics but also to keep a big squad happy. I'm a huge fan of his rotation.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby AdepT » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:37 am

@DerKaiser : I had no issues with Basti sub. I know it was a joke. I mentioned that just after that post. :P Here you go.
Plus your post's too big for my eyes. :P
AdepT wrote:
The 29-year-old jokingly pretended to be angry after his substitution and nearly threw away his gloves in mock indignation – like Toni Kroos had done, in earnest, a few weeks ago. Matthias Sammer was seen laughing on the bench. (No, this is not a typo.) [source]

:)
So may be that wasn't an issue. However, that's not the matter here.

Badger wrote:I see a few complaints about Pep's subs. I can't aagree. Rotation is essential not only to vary the tactics but also to keep a big squad happy. I'm a huge fan of his rotation.

Well, the complainant was me. I like how he rotates the squad. He's at present doing his best.
Like, mentioned earlier, I was surprised at Mueller's sub as he was on a hat-trick. There was no mention of injury so I was disappointed with Pep's decision. The news of his injury came out just 10 mins after I made my rant. :lol:
Otherwise I had another post ready saying Pep raus! :P

In the end, all's fine.
However, Pep does have a difficult task on his hand.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby runaway » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:23 am

Yeah you see him scratching his head in the video. :lol:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Badger » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am

AdepT wrote:
Badger wrote:I see a few complaints about Pep's subs. I can't aagree. Rotation is essential not only to vary the tactics but also to keep a big squad happy. I'm a huge fan of his rotation.

Well, the complainant was me. I like how he rotates the squad. He's at present doing his best.
Like, mentioned earlier, I was surprised at Mueller's sub as he was on a hat-trick. There was no mention of injury so I was disappointed with Pep's decision. The news of his injury came out just 10 mins after I made my rant. :lol:
Otherwise I had another post ready saying Pep raus! :P

In the end, all's fine.
However, Pep does have a difficult task on his hand.

You weren’t the only one. I lurk elsewhere too, and see others saying similar things. And no offence was intended.

My point was irrelevant to Mueller’s injury. Even if he wasn’t injured, I think it was ok to take him off. Pep needs to use 14 players in every game to rotate enough to keep players happy, and the substitutions, if not enforced by injuries need to be:
- Two players shortly after the 60 min stage, to allow them to feel that they have a decent amount of playing time
- The third player held back until the 80 min stage, in case there’s a late injury to someone on the field.
It doesn’t leave a lot of scope, but Pep seems to be doing well to juggle starting lineups and substitutions in order to keep everyone happy. He has kept his promise (for all but a few fringe players) that they’ll all get playing time. No first xi at Bayern now.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby tflags » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:28 pm

Gotta say, hate him or love him; where his starting formations may have missed a beat or two, his subs have been f*cking dynamite.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Previous

Return to Bundesliga