You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-05-03] Hamburger SV vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat May 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Hamburger SV will win
13%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
88%

Total votes : 16

Re: [2014-05-03] Hamburger SV vs Bayern Munich

Postby München Minded » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:31 pm

We need to get our players on full form for the German Cup, so from here on out I want to see our typical starters as much as possible. I respect people wanting rotation, but players like Ribéry, Martinez, Neuer, etc have to get back to their best.

Truthfully I'm not sure about Ribéry, not sure if he needs to think about things by being benched and coming on later or not. As he seems to think he is a guaranteed starter, and just plays however he wants. As everyone said, he needs a fire lit under him, or at least get him worked up, and the best way to get under his skin is by benching him and making him prove himself.

I say beat the hell out of HSV, let's take our frustrations out on every remaining team this season, and put our demons behind us. Players need to step up and teach Pep a lesson by not focusing on possession, but direct attack and scoring.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Evandro » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:35 pm

Neuer
Lahm-Boa-Dante-Alaba
Javi-Bastian(Kroos)
Robben -Muller-Goetze(Ribery)
Pizza(Mandzu)
Last edited by Evandro on Thu May 01, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FCB uber alles
Evandro
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby MUTU » Thu May 01, 2014 9:45 am

^ I hope neither Weiser nor Hojbjerg are included in the matchday squad due to the fact that FC Bayern II play a very important top-of-the-league clash with kick-off just an hour and a half before this match.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby theundead » Thu May 01, 2014 10:19 am

It is time for Pep to take corrective action. Bench ribery and mandzukic, they need some bench time and pep slaps.
As we have just 3 games left, we wont be seeing much rotation I think. Pep must be preparing for the Pokal final.

If we still keep on playing tiki taka without making clear cut chances, then it will be problematic. I am not saying that we shouldn't play tiki taka at all. But we should make more chances, take more risks. "The greater the risk, the greater the return."

EDIT: Pizarro subbed in for either of goetze, muller or kroos for a true striker formation instead of the false 9
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby Jorsett » Thu May 01, 2014 12:11 pm

theundead wrote:It is time for Pep to take corrective action. Bench ribery and mandzukic, they need some bench time and pep slaps.
As we have just 3 games left, we wont be seeing much rotation I think. Pep must be preparing for the Pokal final.

If we still keep on playing tiki taka without making clear cut chances, then it will be problematic. I am not saying that we shouldn't play tiki taka at all. But we should make more chances, take more risks. "The greater the risk, the greater the return."

EDIT: Pizarro subbed in for either of goetze, muller or kroos for a true striker formation instead of the false 9

But Mandzukic needs his cannon! :roll:
#DankeBasti
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Norway

Postby Element » Thu May 01, 2014 4:10 pm

Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Thu May 01, 2014 5:14 pm

Thiago has rejoined full team training and he's a possibility for the matchday squad.

My prediction is that Pep will play the starters so as to help them regain confidence ASAP ahead of Dortmund (Pokal final). Therefore:

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu May 01, 2014 5:48 pm

HSV striker Jacques Zoua out with a suspected torn thigh muscle in today's training. Also, Lasse Sobiech, a defender who has recently lost his first XI place, suffered a foot injury in the same training session and had to stop prematurely. [source]

Can't see tweet? Click here!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby München Minded » Thu May 01, 2014 7:41 pm

With all the injuries and issues HSV have, I wonder if we get the real Bayern who will roll over weakened opponents, or the complacent won't try that hard version. Bayern need to pull a last week's Werder on attack, but better defending. Would be nice to see lots of goals and less possession.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby michel » Fri May 02, 2014 1:05 pm

Hamburg Bayern preview: If you feel bad about FC Bayern failing to qualify for the Champions League final, imagine how the Hamburger SV fans (Saturday’s opponents) are feeling. They are close to being relegated after decades in the Bundesliga!

More: Hamburg Bayern preview: R for Relegation
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby München Minded » Fri May 02, 2014 4:34 pm

^ You bring up some good points in this preview, including HSV with short term thinking and mis-management -- which seem to be most of the teams in the Bundesliga. The only reason dortmund turned their ship around is getting their finances in order and thinking long term, which created our only real competition. Schalke and Werder seemed to have dropped off.

Anyway, not sure if benching Ribéry will happen, but something needs to change with him. Overall good analysis, and a good site for general Bayern analysis.
der Kaiser:
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby EverFresh » Sat May 03, 2014 4:10 am

We need to start some momentum for the pokal final here, would be nice to see a clean sheet as well as a victory, and 9 goals would not hurt either, not too much to ask for i think. If Rafinha was not suspended Lahm would probably start in the middle, but i don't see pep using Weiser there again. I also have a feeling that DVB and Contento could start, and it won't be until the Stuttgart match that we'll see the lineup for the final.
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win."
EverFresh
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Element » Sat May 03, 2014 8:14 am

Sky have just reported that Franck Ribery will not be Part of the Squad vs Hamburg ... But did not give any details
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby theundead » Sat May 03, 2014 9:19 am

this match starts at the same time as my finance final exam #-o
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby Ruht » Sat May 03, 2014 9:36 am

Element wrote:Sky have just reported that Franck Ribery will not be Part of the Squad vs Hamburg ... But did not give any details

In a way it's good, he needs to be dropped as he has been disappointing for a long time now. It's perhaps Pep giving him a rest, doubt it's anything else.

Hope we smash Hamburg, we need a big result to restore some confidence within the team.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga