You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-10-20] Fortuna Düsseldorf vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:30 pm

Fortuna Düsseldorf will win
3%
It will end in a draw
6%
Bayern Munich will win
90%

Total votes : 31

Re: [2012-10-20] Fortuna Düsseldorf vs Bayern Munich

Postby Jorge » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:33 pm

My prediction for this game: Bayern up by halftime 0:4, then in the 2nd half Fortuna ties 4:4.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Element » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:40 pm

Jorge wrote:My prediction for this game: Bayern up by halftime 0:4, then in the 2nd half Fortuna ties 4:4.

If this happens
We will stop the prediction game and announce you as winner
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby dambun » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:44 pm

Element wrote:
Jorge wrote:My prediction for this game: Bayern up by halftime 0:4, then in the 2nd half Fortuna ties 4:4.

If this happens
We will stop the prediction game and announce you as winner

If that happens, I guess we better call us all a bunch of losers... :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby dambun » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:59 pm

Anyway... I see good formations that you guys propose.... and I really don't think Jupp will go with mine... However, I think a good rotation system should not only take into account the upcoming match, but also the future ones...

Like I said, the matches against Lille are just too important for us... we need to put all our efforts into winning that one... that's why I want us to have Schweini, Mueller and Ribery fresh for this match...

On the other hand, we have some very classy players on our bench... what's the point if we can not trust them in these BuLi matches?... How are we going to count on them in future when we are forced to use them in more important ones?

One thing I miss about LvG's days, is that he had balls... he was not afraid to use a couple of young players in the lineup when he saw their quality.... and that is something that is always reflected in the team's behavior... We were not afraid to face anyone... our players, even the likes of Pranjic were up for it when we faced a classy opponent...

Of course, I don't want all the characteristics of LvG's era in our team... but that's something that is really missing IMO.

Edit: looking back at my proposed lineup:

It is by no means a weak lineup... on the contrary, It should be able to beat Fortuna quite comfortably... furturmore, by bringing in the likes of Schweini, Mueller, and Ribz in the 2nd half, the team only gets stronger...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MoFattal » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:10 am

dambun wrote:Like I said, the matches against Lille are just too important for us... we need to put all our efforts into winning that one... that's why I want us to have Schweini, Mueller and Ribery fresh for this match...

I agree, but I don't think Ribery will be benched. The guy is a "gameaholic", so I think he'll start. Plus, I would prefer starting Alaba at LB in order to rebuild up some of the chemistry with Ribery. I think that Shweini deserves a rest to be 100% fit for the BIG Lille game. About Muller, it all depends on Robben to be honest. If Robben is planned to play against Lille than Tommy will start tomorrow. Kroos is on a high right now, so I think saving him for the Lille game is not a bad idea too. My preferred formation is:

MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby BMpenang » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Ribery have already shown a bit more spark in recent games after a slow start.
That being said,We all know what he is capable of and the return of alaba could spark more fire.
The chemistry between this 2 is magical and i think a fired up alaba and ribery will torment those fortuna defense who has been quite steady until now.
Fortuna surely would be fired up and their draw with schalke after being down by 2 was quite impressive and any underestimating from our team would be bad.
BMpenang
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:49 pm

http://www.bundesliga.de/de/liga/matches/2012/index.php?bmi=138204&reiter=v&tag=8
Good introduction, stats and history score. It's been a long time since we last time played against them. Hope to see last result from 96/97'. I don't want bad performances after this Sweden disaster.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby AssemFCB » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:04 pm

MoFattal wrote:
dambun wrote:Like I said, the matches against Lille are just too important for us... we need to put all our efforts into winning that one... that's why I want us to have Schweini, Mueller and Ribery fresh for this match...

I agree, but I don't think Ribery will be benched. The guy is a "gameaholic", so I think he'll start. Plus, I would prefer starting Alaba at LB in order to rebuild up some of the chemistry with Ribery. I think that Shweini deserves a rest to be 100% fit for the BIG Lille game. About Muller, it all depends on Robben to be honest. If Robben is planned to play against Lille than Tommy will start tomorrow. Kroos is on a high right now, so I think saving him for the Lille game is not a bad idea too. My preferred formation is:

I think we've come to the conclusion that Martinez and Gustavo together is a train wreck. They basically compete to see who can sit back deeper.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby FCB general » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:58 pm

What I want:

What can be expected:

Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:26 am

This is the type of fire that should be exploding inside every Bayern player before a match!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby BayernLove » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:23 am

Firefox1234 wrote:This is the type of fire that should be exploding inside every Bayern player before a match!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Don't worry! Breno's got that all covered up...
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby michel » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:54 am

Back to blogging. I think it will be a most interesting but manageable challenge for FC Bayern to beat Düsseldorf :-)
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:02 pm

AssemFCB wrote:I think we've come to the conclusion that Martinez and Gustavo together is a train wreck. They basically compete to see who can sit back deeper

Well, it's bound to happen sooner or later. It's not like we'll be spending another 40M to get someone of Shweini's mold just because Martinez had a sub-par performance in a single game. It will work, we just need to give it some time and try-outs, and this is the best game to do so.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:04 pm

Agreed all throughout the transfer window Bayern wanted someone to replace Schwein and finally they thought €40m for Martinez would be worth it if they can find a guy to take over for Schwein if he is not playing cause atm it seem like Kroos will stay as a AM.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Commodore » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:48 pm

If we win this game, we'll be the lone record holders for best start into a Bundesliga Season (8 games, 8 wins). Also Jupp Heynckes will have won his 300th game in the Bundesliga.

Regardless of whether or not we win, we'll be leading the Bundesliga for the 600th time after this gameday.

So let's go and win it, crack a record, and achieve two milestones on the way!
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga