You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-09-22] FC Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:30 pm

FC Schalke 04 will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
4%
Bayern Munich will win
96%

Total votes : 25

[2012-09-22] FC Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Postby MatchBot » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:15 pm

FC Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

FC Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich
Competition: 1. Bundesliga
Venue: Veltins-Arena, Gelsenkirchen

In the first big Bundesliga test, Bayern will be up against Schalke at the magnificent Veltins Arena in Gelsenkirchen.

MatchBot
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2012-09-22] FC Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:42 pm

One of the hardest Bundesliga games of the season, and they'll have a 24 hour advantage over us.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AdepT » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:03 pm

^ That's why we strengthened this summer. No worries about being tired. :D I hope Alaba or Contento, any one of them makes a return.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MoFattal » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:54 pm

I think this is our toughest challenge yet. Playing away against an on-form rival would give us a huge indication of our development when it comes to away games. We had a pretty rough season last term playing away from home, a fact that is hopefully addressed properly this time around.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:34 pm

I hope Mario Gomez will be back, he cud easily bully their defence :D
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby mahoni » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:34 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:One of the hardest Bundesliga games of the season, and they'll have a 24 hour advantage over us.

I think exactly the other way round. In my opinion Schalke is the easyest oponent of the big teams ... mostly we played cat and mouse with them (also in Gelsenkirchen). I´m looking forward to saturday :lol:
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:55 pm

mahoni wrote:I think exactly the other way round. In my opinion Schalke is the easyest oponent of the big teams ... mostly we played cat and mouse with them (also in Gelsenkirchen). I´m looking forward to saturday

Who would you consider tougher? Personally I think that only Dortmund are harder.

Now that you guys mention it, the midweek game could be an advantage for us I guess.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby mahoni » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:13 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
mahoni wrote:I think exactly the other way round. In my opinion Schalke is the easyest oponent of the big teams ... mostly we played cat and mouse with them (also in Gelsenkirchen). I´m looking forward to saturday

Who would you consider tougher? Personally I think that only Dortmund are harder.

Now that you guys mention it, the midweek game could be an advantage for us I guess.

I think so to that the CL games are an adventage to us: 1st we are used and 2nd our squad is much deeper then Schalkes.

Let me say it that way: For sure Schalke was 3rd in last years BL but agains the big teams like we are or Dortmund they don´t have the mentality to take the struggle that they will face (I hope you understand what i mean). I would say Hannover or Mainz, Gladbach (of course Dortmund) and Bremen (if they continue the way they played the last games) have a much stonger mentality to get us into trouble even if you are right that all this teams (except Dortmund) have not the potential of Schalke.
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby mahoni » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:15 pm

They are just not compact enough
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Bazi » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:23 am

We've to get behind their fullbacks and pressure them. Schalke is vulnerable on both flanks with Fuchs and Uchida being the weakspots. However I expect Barnetta on the left wing to aid Fuchs defensively and double Arjen Robben or Thomas Müller. Therefore it could come down to Franck Ribéry on the left flank and our entire central midfield to decide the game.

Obviously I don't know how fast Martinez training and integration process is coming along but it could be to our great benefit could he play against Schalke. We "simply" have to outplay them in the central midfield, pressure their fullbacks and use our chances and we'll get three points. I'm sure of it.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:27 am

Bazi wrote:We've to get behind their fullbacks and pressure them. Schalke is vulnerable on both flanks with Fuchs and Uchida being the weakspots. However I expect Barnetta on the left wing to aid Fuchs defensively and double Arjen Robben or Thomas Müller. Therefore it could come down to Franck Ribéry on the left flank and our entire central midfield to decide the game.

Obviously I don't know how fast Martinez training and integration process is coming along but it could be to our great benefit could he play against Schalke. We "simply" have to outplay them in the central midfield, pressure their fullbacks and use our chances and we'll get three points. I'm sure of it.

Classical "easier said than done" situation :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Dhuber24 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:05 am

any word of Alaba or Gomez featuring?
Mia San Mia
Herr Huber
Dhuber24
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:37 am

mahoni wrote:I think so to that the CL games are an adventage to us: 1st we are used and 2nd our squad is much deeper then Schalkes.

Let me say it that way: For sure Schalke was 3rd in last years BL but agains the big teams like we are or Dortmund they don´t have the mentality to take the struggle that they will face (I hope you understand what i mean). I would say Hannover or Mainz, Gladbach (of course Dortmund) and Bremen (if they continue the way they played the last games) have a much stonger mentality to get us into trouble even if you are right that all this teams (except Dortmund) have not the potential of Schalke.

Yes I get what you mean.

I think we beat them twice last season, so there's that. We have struggled a bit against them in recent years but that was probably mostly down to Neuer, who is no longer there.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Commodore » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:08 am

As usual, not much to add to a Bazi post.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby mahoni » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:23 am

Yes I agree. They have big problems in the midfield-center and in this area is usually a lot of space. I really do not understand them because they would have chances to win some titles (the BL of course, and forget DFB Pokal - that was only Neuer) but ... They where in CL semifinal 2 years ago ... that´s just crazy to do that but in BL they are not able (I´m sure they will not compete for the BL title ...) #-o
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Next

Return to Bundesliga