You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-09-22] FC Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:30 pm

FC Schalke 04 will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
4%
Bayern Munich will win
96%

Total votes : 25

Re: [2012-09-22] FC Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:00 pm

Schalke seem to be keeping their match vs Bayern in mind since Draxler, Afellay, and Uchida are not in the startin XI vs Olympiakos :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:21 pm

Neither Afellay nor Uchida have been starting for Schalke lately. Draxles did not take part mainly because of his inexperience in this competition. Trust me, they don't have that much of a luxury to "save" some players during a CL matchday for an upcoming weekend game :)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:20 pm

They actually have a decent bench, but yeah they wouldn't really risk it I think.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:53 am

Nothing like a good promo to get the adrenaline pumping! :D

P.S same guy who made the Valencia promo, he said he would continue to make more as long as people like them and I always felt they aren't enough Bayern Munich youtube videos that don't remind us of tragic losses :P

MaCk0y edit: Guys, when you want to share a youtube video, click on share (under the video) and select long link (don't copy and paste the url from the address bar). Then use the youtube tag in here.

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby rajeshmanne » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Schalke is a tough team. I think this is one of the hardest games for Bayern . I hope Alaba ,Contento or Gomez will return to the first team. I cant wait to see Javi Martinez in the starting line up. I am going for a 2-1 Bayern win against Schalke. :D
rajeshmanne
Getting the hang of it

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:22 pm

rajeshmanne wrote:Schalke is a tough team. I think this is one of the hardest games for Bayern . I hope Alaba ,Contento or Gomez will return to the first team. I cant wait to see Javi Martinez in the starting line up. I am going for a 2-1 Bayern win against Schalke. :D

From what i read recently Gomez is not projected to be back till early October, but I think Contento could make an appearance. Im not sure about Alaba tho.....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Commodore » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:28 pm

Would love it if Contento was far enough in his recovering process to play for 15 minutes. I don't think the chances are great for him to go the full 90.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:47 pm

Yes I hope Contento can play a while. Not only because Badstuber is a better CB (he is improving at LB so I don't mind him there), but also because our injuries have left us without options at the back. I think our four defenders and Neuer are the only ones who have played every minute so far in the Bundesliga.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Commodore » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:53 pm

Well, Kroos got subbed out in the 88th vs Fürth. Apart from that he played every minute as well.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:05 pm

Official FC Bayern website wrote:However, Schalke boss Huub Stevens said there was "a big question mark" over the Dutch striker, who has a hip problem and also a bout of the flu. Huntelaar sat out Thursday training, as did combative midfielder Jermaine Jones (knee). But regardless of Stevens' final line-up, "we're going to Schalke aiming to win," Robben declared.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dambun » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:09 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Yes I hope Contento can play a while. Not only because Badstuber is a better CB (he is improving at LB so I don't mind him there), but also because our injuries have left us without options at the back.

Commodore wrote:Would love it if Contento was far enough in his recovering process to play for 15 minutes. I don't think the chances are great for him to go the full 90.

Firefox1234 wrote:From what i read recently Gomez is not projected to be back till early October, but I think Contento could make an appearance. Im not sure about Alaba tho.....

Well... if the information on TM is to be trusted, Alaba should be out of rehab right now, whereas Contento is expected to be in rehab for an indefinite time... So I'm assuming that Alaba would appear sooner on the field... which makes it unlikely for Contento to get much playing time anytime soon!
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:27 pm

Alabama =P~

This could be an awesome game to watch. Farfan, Holtby, Afellay, Huntelaar... But I think their defense gets exposed very easily and we can win this game.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby tflags » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:08 pm

For crying out loud I am not so sure about Badstuber holding Farfán. I am just not so sure. Dammit where is Petersen when you need him?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby The Spyware » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:58 pm

@Bild

Heynckes also asked Mueller how Luiz Gustavo (25) and goal-Garant Mario Mandzukic (26) on Tuesday for one call and explained the action.
The players accept it, because they were promised by Heynckes , starting Saturday against Schalke return to the starting lineup.
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby uzi716 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:16 am

tflags wrote:For crying out loud I am not so sure about Badstuber holding Farfán. I am just not so sure. Dammit where is Petersen when you need him?

This concerns me too, Badstuber doesn't have the pace to stay with a winger like Farfan.

Schalke does have attacking potential through the midfield but its nothing we can't handle. :D
uzi716
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga