You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-08-30] FC Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:30 pm

FC Schalke 04 will win
4%
It will end in a draw
8%
Bayern Munich will win
88%

Total votes : 25

Re: [2014-08-30] FC Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Postby bastos80 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:09 pm

Kevinx67 wrote:Why was Alonso subbed from the game? Same as Gotze. Don't tell me they aren't fit. Guardiloa made some stupid changes. Pep needs to be fined for his performance.

:lol: Hilarious.

Alonso had cramps, Götze was poor. No wonder he took them off.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby lau03143 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:32 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:Dude.. seriously? His arm was not next to his body.. His arm was in front of him and of that arm the ball went in.... That is a clear hands ball to me.. If his arm would have been next to his body and the ball was shot against that arm, it would be debatable.. But this isnt, his arm was clearly in front of him.

Yes, seriously.

There was nothing he could have done to move his arm.

It's impossible to play football like a Penguin. Alonso hit the ball of his body onto his arm when challenging for the ball. It was bot deliberate.

End of discussion.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 pm

FCB general wrote:Image

Hahahaha, that's ma boy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :cheers: :cheers:

He's still the old Badstuber, collecting yellow cards for stupid fouls and then missing the CL final, looks like his old self. =D> :|

As for the hand ball, it was 'end of discussion' when the ref said it was goal, doesn't matter anymore, that's happening to us in this start of the season quite often. For me it was hand ball, and no goal, but it's over now, I won't be weeping for one irregularity or two, btw Draxler should've been sent off. And I believe there are still people that say refs are in Bayern's side.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Ottomeister13 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:28 am

I don't get that yellow card comment... he didnt take a single one this season so far and made like, no foul at all?
Ottomeister13

Postby JANCKER » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:38 am

Well, he missed the CL final in 2012 because of yellow cards, for a totally unnecessary foul, I remember that foul like it was yesterday. He was close of getting one, see the picture, that's his style. He's not a 'dirty' defender but when he does that dirty work once in a while everyone sees him.
I want to see him play in LCB if we're to play with 3 at the back, don't get me wrong I like Badstuber and if it was up to me I'd like to see a Badstuber-Hummels defense over any other. :D
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:28 am

JANCKER wrote:Well, he missed the CL final in 2012 because of yellow cards, for a totally unnecessary foul, I remember that foul like it was yesterday. He was close of getting one, see the picture, that's his style. He's not a 'dirty' defender but when he does that dirty work once in a while everyone sees him.
I want to see him play in LCB if we're to play with 3 at the back, don't get me wrong I like Badstuber and if it was up to me I'd like to see a Badstuber-Hummels defense over any other. :D

I also remember that the reason why he missed the CL final was an accumulation of cards; one of them being Cavani's blatant and clear dive that got Badstuber wrongly sent off.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Badger » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:07 am

I downloaded and watched the game yesterday afternoon, already knowing the score and some of the views on the game and the players. I enjoyed the game - but I suppose I generally do enjoy watching Bayern unless they actually get beaten.

It seemed to be a game of two halves - with not as much difference between them as initial reactions might suggest. Bayern had an inspiring first half, up against poor resistance, and had an ineffective second half up against much more aggressive resistance. Schalke may have had a poor start to the season, but they have enough quality in their ranks to put up a fight, and that is what they did at the weekend against Bayern - fairly successfully, in the end.

I think that Bayern were the better team throughout and they should have come away with three points, but didn't do quite enough to secure them. And I think that the Hoewedes goal was a ball-to-hand that he couldn't have avoided at that range, and the goal was correctly awarded.

The players:
Neuer (6) Not his busiest or best performance, and somewhat lucky to have avoided embarrassment at times, but was not really at fault for the goal.
Lahm (7) Good solid unspectacular game.
Boateng (8) Great positioning and play, looking very solid beside...
Badstuber (7.5) whose defence, aerial play and precise passing make a statement that he is worthy of a starting place ahead of Dante.
Alaba (6) Worked hard, coming into midfield a lot, but was far too sloppy with his passing. His transition from defence to midfield, if Guardiola continues with it, is a lot less convincing or effective than Lahm's.
Rode (7.5) He can't work miracles on his own, but if the players around him are playing halfways well, he can combine well and deliver in defensive midfield. His interplay with Lewandowski was a deserved assist. Great signing.
Alonso (8) Tremendous debut. His positioning and intelligence were evident throughout the game, and I particularly liked his leadership directing play at the back a lot of the time. Great signing.
Mueller (6) Mueller plays his own game, which can be very useful when he scores or assists. Overall, I think him more suited to a counter-attacking team than a possession-oriented team, and it looked a bit like that against Schalke.
Shaqiri (5) As I've remarked in the Shaqiri thread, I have never seen him put in a convincing performance starting in the centre of midfield. He's not bad, but just doesn't have enough vision and creativity to play there, against anybody other than the weakest opposition. Possibly should have been the first player subbed off.
Goetze (6) Another quiet game, although not a bad one. If he could simply ensure that he doesn't lose the ball or misplace a pass, he'd do well enough.
Lewandowski (7.5) Had a good game and made the combination and run into the box for the goal. He was heavily marked after that, and hadn't enough service and support in the second half to finish the game off.

Subs:
Bernat (7.5) Looked composed on the ball, and rarely lost it. He took a game or two to settle in, but is now going up through the gears.
Dante (5) Looked slow and indecisive all too often. He was a poor replacement for Boateng, and the whole defence looked less solid after he came on.
Hojbjerg (-) Only on a short time.

The main lesson I got from the game was a repeat of the lesson in the game against Dortmund: Bayern must learn to cope better with opponents who can press energetically and aggressively.

Formations? I think we could ask, "When is a 3-at-the-back not a 3-at-the-back?" Although Bayern had a back three of Boateng, Alonso and Badstuber for most of the second half, that was not the result of a 3-4-3 formation. It was four at the back, where Lahm and Alaba moved forward and Alonso dropped back from midfield. Generally, though, Bayern's formations are much more fluid this season and, like I said of the Wolfsburg game, trying hard to identify rigid formations seems to be so last season.

I thought it a reasonable performance overall, and would like to conclude by thanking the many posters here who gave a balanced assessment of the whole game.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Dalv » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:54 am

simply put, Shaqiri is not Bayern material
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:18 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Even if the goal was legitimate, I still see it as a bit lucky that the ball would've hit him right in the chest.

Why? The player didn't place himself randomly. He moved in the position, after the ball. He made his own luck.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:42 pm

One final question on this one: did Boateng pick up a knock and get substituted, or was he taken off just to give Dante playing time? I assumed initially that he had received a knock, but I don't see any injury mentioned anywhere today.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MoFattal » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:55 pm

The injury was not mentioned anywhere, but it appeared on TV that he received a knock. He even pointed toward the injury for the medical staff to check after he was substituted.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Ottomeister13 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:34 pm

He was limping a bit off the pitch and on the sideline before the reserve players he was immediatly checked. It seemd to be happened when he chased Choupo Moting when he ran alone towards Neuer.
Ottomeister13

Postby Badger » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:11 pm

Thanks, MoFattal and Ottomeister13, for that information. It all seems a bit strange, but the lack of an official statement on his injury suggests it turned out to be trivial. I'll hope so anyway.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Previous

Return to Bundesliga