You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-08-30] FC Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:30 pm

FC Schalke 04 will win
4%
It will end in a draw
8%
Bayern Munich will win
88%

Total votes : 25

Re: [2014-08-30] FC Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Postby smaw2010 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:08 am

Guys, we should look at the positive side. This is not a bad game for Bayern. We can be a bit more clinical. The defense was not bad, Howedes is fortunate enough to get that goal. (Definitely a handball, the ball hitting the hand was the main reason why it went in the back of the net, if it only hits his waist, there's no way it would be a goal). Rode and Bernat really surprised me, they had a great game. I'm confident that after Robbery returns, we''ll be better. Schalke can double team on Lewy and there aren't any threats on Bayern other than him.
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Sv: [2014-08-30] FC Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Postby Argeta » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:25 am

runaway wrote:It's better to drop points now, patch up what needs to be patched up than in the later stages of all our competitions

So true man. I mean, we do have the squad depth to at least secure a draw every game. If we keep pushing our unfit key players to play we will never get a fully fit squad.
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby S4k4zulu » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:33 am

Guys we overreacting, wit all the players we missing, it was a decent. Any teaming missing robbery swieni etc will struggle, PERIOD. Not to mention its an away game. Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S4k4zulu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Dgro » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:45 am

Oh everyone wants Ribery back now, after 2 games? Cuz I'm pretty sure all summer long I had to read about how he's finished and was going to be benched for the superior Gotze and/or Muller :roll:
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:34 am

I'm also a bit disappointed in the result, but there's a bit of an overreaction among Bayern fans. First of all, irrespective of what you think of their coach, their recent results, and our recent performances against them, nothing changes the fact that away vs Schalke is one of the hardest games in the Bundesliga. We were missing many key players (don't tell me it doesn't matter, because Benatia, Ribery, Robben, Schweinsteiger, Thiago, and Martinez would all have played today - at worst Benatia would've been subbed on instead of Dante and maybe stopped that goal). We had no real preseason and some of our players played too many games this summer. Despite this, we were brilliant for the first 30 or so minutes. After that we clearly took our foot of the gas (which is our own fault), but we were still unlucky to concede. And the goal came from a set-piece again, so at least we know what we need to work on.

Regarding individual players, I agree with what you've been saying. Some said that Muller played fine, but I don't really think so. But on Gotze, Shaqiri, Rode, Boateng and so on I agree 100%.

Overall I think that in this game we saw glimpses of what we are capable of doing even without a full squad. Unfortunately we could not keep it up for 90 minutes, but it will come eventually. I do not think there is cause for worry. We have two of the hard games out of the way with 4 points in the bag, and we can only get better with time. This international break should work in our favour as long as we have no injuries.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:51 am

agreed. I think the prob with us fans is that we are spoiled. After reflecting many of your points getting an away draw vs S04 is not the end of the world.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:57 am

One positive thing about the game is that with Schweini fit alongside Alonso we will look fantastic in midfield.

Robbery were missing and Goetze seems just too lazy to fill their boots. As for Shaq, I think he seemed not Bayern material - again.

We will be better with injured players return, no doubt.

Also I liked a lot the more direct approach we tried in the first minutes.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby runaway » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:02 am

Yeah it's the second game in the league. It's helpful for us to see the holes in our squad and tactics than be lulled into complacency again. We won so many matches last season even though we were below par for the majority of the 90 minutes.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Rauntšik » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:50 am

Maybe it's because of our new kits? We used our away kit in the MLS game too and we lost..
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
Rauntšik
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCB&Paulaner » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:03 pm

Rauntšik wrote:Maybe it's because of our new kits? We used our away kit in the MLS game too and we lost..

So the trend is definitely positive. It means we have nothing left but winning now, right?
FCB&Paulaner
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:09 pm

Muller was not bad at all.. true, he didnt have many offensive actions, but he worked his ass off to create space and getting the ball back.

Anyway, ofcourse Schalke away is a tough game, but they just should have won it. Schalke had not a single great chance ( because that header by Draxler was nothing really ) and same goes for Choupo Moting's shot.. And that goal was a clear hands ball.. It went in by his hand and his arm was not against his body... Bayern played sloppy at times, but it was never like they were being played off the field so to say by Schalke.

But Dante, when he came in, the 1-1 falls directly and he was the one who couldnt clear the ball and was really problematic when Schalke countered with fast balls, he is 31 now? And slow like thick shit... There were certain moments when Choupo Moting or Sam were like 5 to 6 meters behind him and still ran past him with ease.. :S
Ottomeister13

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:12 pm

Dr. Markus Merk, a former top referee, said that the Schalke goal should have stood 100% and they shouldn't even be discussing whether or not it should have stood because there is no question for him.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:19 pm

I don't to like to mention the referees :) but it's funny that we conceded a goal with a handball because a week before, Olic used his hand before scoring against us too. But not only that, the most funny thing is that I can remember at least 4-5 PK's that were given against us because of unintentional handballs in the last few years :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

We are really unlucky with handballs.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Borusse » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:41 pm

S4k4zulu wrote:Guys we overreacting, wit all the players we missing, it was a decent. Any teaming missing robbery swieni etc will struggle, PERIOD. Not to mention its an away game. Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dortmund are missing Robbery and we won, ha! :D

In Bild there is a poll whether the goal should have counted:

67% say it should have counted.
33% say it shouldn't have.

That's how much people hate Bayern. :mrgreen:
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby tflags » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:46 pm

Bayern had a superb game until the switched to economy mode on the second half.
Rode had a superb game until he started misplacing passes.
Alonso had a superb game until he got tired.
Alaba had a superb game until everyone decided to underperform.
Shaqiri never had a good game, neither did Götze.
Boateng showed he's the new boss in central midfield yesterday.
Pep should have brought out Shaqiri and send Pizarro in. Huge mistake.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga