You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-09-21] FC Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:30 pm

FC Schalke 04 will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 15

Re: [2013-09-21] FC Schalke 04 vs Bayern Munich

Postby SchwanMunich » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:17 pm

Rafinha has played well. Of course, he isn't Lahm but to compare him with Lahm is unfair. Lahm is the best in the world at his position. I have been happy with Rafinha's play and am glad we have him as backup.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Badger » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:25 pm

DerKaiser wrote:...
First goal...you saw it was a well practiced set piece...and like the idea of going agaisnt the norm and sending the ball to "tall players" (because they are guarded by tall players) so finding the mismatch !
What i saw also in the game thanks to Neuer as well for always inspiring to counter quickly was that it took away a bit of their drive forward when they lost the ball and FCB quickly brought the ball forward on the counter...

quaazi wrote:Pep's use of set piece tactics is a notch above Jupp's, you gotta admit. Jupp just had someone float the ball in and hope for a tall guy to hit it well, but Pep actually spices it up every way he can. He won't leave a single stone unturned to find advantages over the opposition.

Some very interesting observations about Pep's tactics there.

Directing the corner to a smaller player is a good one I've rarely taken much notice of before. I also like the way Schweinsteiger sandwiched a tall teammate between himself and the defender before breaking to head the corner. If I remember correctly, Bayern had lots of corners last season but rarely scored any of them - almost to the point of being a joke. There is a lot more going on in the Bayern corners these days.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:07 pm

Badger wrote:Some very interesting observations about Pep's tactics there.

Directing the corner to a smaller player is a good one I've rarely taken much notice of before. I also like the way Schweinsteiger sandwiched a tall teammate between himself and the defender before breaking to head the corner. If I remember correctly, Bayern had lots of corners last season but rarely scored any of them - almost to the point of being a joke. There is a lot more going on in the Bayern corners these days.

Bayern improved in the latter parts of season but set pieces were pretty much a waste of time.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to Bundesliga