You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-12-09] Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:30 pm

Eintracht Frankfurt will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 2

Re: [2017-12-09] Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayern Munich

Postby rthebest » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:41 pm

#12 wrote:
rthebest wrote:
#12 wrote:Maaan, we suck!

you think

Do you think this was half decent?
Starke turned out to be no problem at all, thank god, but we were completely harmless... Man Ribéry sucks... Should retire as long as I have an ounce of respect left for him... Anyways, at least we won...

i didn't say we are decent or half decent. We have been poor the whole season except maybe in a handful of games.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:51 pm

Where were you after the PSG game :roll:

I don't know if you realised but Jupp was experimenting with this line up. It's never easy to play away from home in BL and Jupp decided to try new things. I could have told you minutes before the start when I saw the line up that we weren't going to play well.

We took the 3 points and we didn't concende, so I'm happy. This is not what we'll see in Dortmund or in the CL.

The only thing that worries me is that Ribery has started AGAIN.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby prasun77 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:55 pm

A workmanlike victory in midweek against hard opposition..well done to the team! =D> =D>
Defensively they were solid. Sule, Boat ,Martinez and esp. Starke were awesome.
Kimmich..no words..just that he needs to improve his upper body strength.
Rafinha was an eyesore..Poor vision, poor decision making and even lost the balls a lot.
Ribery should frankly retire at the end of the season..he's got nothing left.
Muller..ineffective and disappointing..I am not happy with this Muller I am seeing.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

[2017-12-09] Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:37 pm

rthebest wrote:
#12 wrote:
rthebest wrote:
#12"]Maaan, we suck!

you think

Do you think this was half decent?
Starke turned out to be no problem at all, thank god, but we were completely harmless... Man Ribéry sucks... Should retire as long as I have an ounce of respect left for him... Anyways, at least we won...

i didn't say we are decent or half decent. We have been poor the whole season except maybe in a handful of games.[/quote]

Sorry, failed to catch the irony there! My bad!

[quote="DiegoForlan wrote:
You never fail to impress me, you totaly exclude how the oposition plays,try to watch this match from both sides, and apreciate what Frankfurt did today because it was a good display, every team we play against is composed of profesionals. We didnt have defensive errors and that's what's important. this was a fine and respectfull game they pressed us better than we are used to, we also defended well, something we barely could do in the few previous years which is very positive considering it's a strong weapon in the UCL, so I'm glad to see that. The oposition was well prepared for this match, and we had an answer. We got 3 points. I agree we could do better, but you're seriously taking it too far . Suck is a strong word my friend. There' a fine line betwen confidence and arrogance we shouldn't pass.

I‘m the last one to be arrogant... Of course they did well, but dude, we had NO shot on goal at all in the second half...
Glad we’re gaining stability, but an occasional attack would be lovely...

YlonenXabi wrote:

Where were you after the PSG game

I don't know if you realised but Jupp was experimenting with this line up. It's never easy to play away from home in BL and Jupp decided to try new things. I could have told you minutes before the start when I saw the line up that we weren't going to play well.

We took the 3 points and we didn't concende, so I'm happy. This is not what we'll see in Dortmund or in the CL.

The only thing that worries me is that Ribery has started AGAIN.

I agree... But we didn’t even try to score a second... That’s daring at best...
And we were nit THAT good against PSG, they could’ve scored more... Plus, again, we don’t need to discuss hole games - they’re usually quite good...

prasun77 wrote:A workmanlike victory in midweek against hard opposition..well done to the team! =D> =D>
Rafinha was an eyesore..Poor vision, poor decision making and even lost the balls a lot.
Muller..ineffective and disappointing..I am not happy with this Muller I am seeing.

Midweek?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:39 pm

rthebest wrote:
#12 wrote:Do you think this was half decent?

i didn't say we are decent or half decent. We have been poor the whole season except maybe in a handful of games.

Sorry didn’t catch the irony there! My bad!
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:07 pm

@ Prasun - Dude I get it you don’t like Thomas. But he has been much better since Carlo left despite not scoring he’s performing well. Also he is not a CF so I really don’t think he did too bad.

He was getting back to his best then got injured he is a bit like Ramsey from Arsenal, needs a run of games to find his rhythm.

I was disappointed with Kimmich lost the ball many tines that led to turnovers and was bullied by that Croatian guy. Although his crosses have been vet good, defensively he still has a long way to go before matching Lahm.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby La Bestia Negra » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:40 pm

^^Müller's my favorite player but it's obvious he didn't do well today. He has been improving but that doesn't change the fact that he played poorly today. That being said he looked a lot better as a right midfielder once Lewa came on.

As far as Kimmich goes, he's obviously not as good as Lahm defensively and got shoved around a bit today but he's a decent defender. Honestly he handles one on one challenges really well, what he struggles with is powerful forwards that use their strength rather than technical skills.

Overall it was a poor came with a few bright spots, I was pretty bored throughout though :coffee:
"The name's Bond, James Rodriguez"
La Bestia Negra
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby America USA » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:44 pm

^ Thomas looked poor because he is not a CF and should never be played as a lone striker. To get the best out of him you need a proper CF alongside. That’s why he looks much better playing with Robert.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby prasun77 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:02 pm

#12 wrote:
prasun77 wrote:A workmanlike victory in midweek against hard opposition..well done to the team! =D> =D>

Midweek?

ok.."after" midweek against hard opposition
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Manchu » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:13 pm

I can't help but be confused by your assessment of Rafinha's performance. Not only was he fairly defensively solid, but he broke Frankfurt's press again and again, something that he's particularly good at LB as being right-footed makes it easier for him to pick out passes in the center. Of course, not having a good left foot makes it harder for him to participate offensively, something that was evident today, but in most retrospects Rafinha was much better than Kimmich today although Kimmich got a wonderful assist.

As for Muller, it's already been said that he is not and has never been a lone center-forward, but I honestly feel like you criticize no matter how well he plays, with your comments after he destroyed Hannover being particularly noteworthy.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Nemepp » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:31 pm

Very average match this afternoon. We had trouble procuring opportunities.
Despite the many changes, there was some offensive animation, probably because of tiredness of the game against PSG.

Rafinha really struggled on her side and missed a lot of things.

As for Kimmich, his decisive pass was splendid!

Nevertheless, we win the 3 pts and we are Herbstmeister ! =D>
MiaSanMia
Nemepp
Hey, I'm new here!

National Flag:
France

Postby MUTU » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:58 pm

Manchu wrote:As for Muller, it's already been said that he is not and has never been a lone center-forward, but I honestly feel like you criticize no matter how well he plays, with your comments after he destroyed Hannover being particularly noteworthy.

I wholeheartedly agree, but then how much of an upgrade is Wagner to be honest?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Manchu » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:53 pm

MUTU wrote:
Manchu wrote:As for Muller, it's already been said that he is not and has never been a lone center-forward, but I honestly feel like you criticize no matter how well he plays, with your comments after he destroyed Hannover being particularly noteworthy.

I wholeheartedly agree, but then how much of an upgrade is Wagner to be honest?

A big one. Wagner is not only a natural center forward, but a pretty good one at that. He's very strong and can conduct holdup holdup play much better than Muller, and he's a great target man in the box(positioning+strength+finishing ability). The only potential problem is I'm not sure if he'll stretch the game enough, but that can be dealt with tactically by playing Muller as secondary striker.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:55 pm

Jupp on Coman and lewa
https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/9 ... 1120316417

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby La Bestia Negra » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:00 am

While we all know Müller isn't an out and out striker, he did used to be able to fill in there when needed. I remember seeing him play well there for Germany in the past and during the 15/16 season when Lewa was out injured. That being said I'm not worried about him, he's done fantastic as a right mid and CAM when he's had the chance to play there. This just goes to show that we really need a back up striker and Müller should remain the the attacking midfield position unless played with another striker
"The name's Bond, James Rodriguez"
La Bestia Negra
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga