You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-08-17] Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:30 pm

Eintracht Frankfurt will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 21

Re: [2013-08-17] Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayern Munich

Postby JJJ » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:28 pm

MUTU wrote:This is the most plausible explanation, however it has to be said Thiago made the same trip as Martinez and not only was he in the match squad, but he also came on and played. Martinez's omission is still strange in my opinion.

Thiago only played a half in that friendly, but Javi had 90 minutes.
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:27 pm

Boateng has got to be the Bayern player that has the best long balls distribution. His long balls from one end of the pitch to the other end are almost always perfect.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:28 pm

I love to see Boateng finally getting some recognition here in this forum :D
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:34 pm

"The referee gave Guardiola his second win"

:shock:

How can this bullsh*t be on Bild's website????
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCB general » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:07 pm

Well, it can be and it's a true talk in one hand. We were better if we just stick to the match statistic, dominant first half.

But whole second half was one big disaster. Not suprised to see such title. After all, they are Germans, they know better then rest of us.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:28 pm

BayernLove wrote:Remember our form was poor the last few games of the last season ( scraped the Stuttgart game we should've won much more easily, 2-1 against Dortmund in a thrilling yet scrappy win)

Thats true towards the end of that season Bayern were lookin very vulnerable, it was only a matter of time till teams would figure out the 4-2-3-1....
FCBayernNews wrote:Reaction to Frankfurt v Bayern:

Pep Guardiola: "We had much more control over the game compared to last week. We allowed Gladbach far too many chances on the break, but it was much better today. It's never easy after an international break, because we only had three days together. But we still created plenty of chances. I'm happy and 100 percent satisfied."

Pep pretty much summed up my attitude towards this match, it wasnt like a frenzy but a more controlled game where Frankfurt didnt have any easy chances at goal like Monchengladbach did....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Borusse » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:48 am

Didnt have the chance to watch the game because I was driving back to Poland but I heard Frankfurt scored a regular goal and it was dissallowed. :|

Still, I like it that Bayern are not as dominant as they were last season. Sooner or later you will have to drop some points. And Dortmund's job until then is to win games. Braunschweig today and Bremen next week - 6 points is the objective!
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby runaway » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:56 am

Borusse wrote:Didnt have the chance to watch the game because I was driving back to Poland but I heard Frankfurt scored a regular goal and it was dissallowed. :|

Still, I like it that Bayern are not as dominant as they were last season. Sooner or later you will have to drop some points. And Dortmund's job until then is to win games. Braunschweig today and Bremen next week - 6 points is the objective!

It was a handball.

It wasn't a dominant match but Bayern still won. Sooner or later BVB will drop points too.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Borusse » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:01 am

Sure, its just the matter of who drops more. :P

What handball? Frankfurt scored from a handball? I will catch up with highlights on Sunday evening.

Oh, and I told you it won't be easy against Eintracht. I dont know how many chances you created but 1-0 seems like a close result, Im now reading second half from Bayern was woeful. I predicted 2-3 because I thought you will be caught on counter many times. Still got 3 points though. :D
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:51 am

Tbh Pep has done well for his first two games, Frankfurt and Monchengladbach werent easy match ups for Jupp either then he has got Nurenburg which is always a hard fought win. Today the system looked good im placing the lack of goals and defensive stability to the lack of fitness since most of the players had NT duty. Cause after rewatching the game Muller should have had a brace, Mandzu should have scored 2, Kroos should have hit is header, Schweinstiger should have scored. and so should have Robben.....
Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben admits his side struggled for top form during their 1-0 win over Eintracht Frankfurt on Saturday.

Mario Mandzukic put the Bavarians in charge early on, but Pep Guardiola's men failed to build on their lead as they laboured in front of the opposition goal, and Robben believes the victory was crucial given the exploits of a number of players during the international break.

"The games when players come back from international duty are always difficult," the 29-year-old told AZ.

"One's travelling from South America, one from Asia, but they can only train on Thursday, then just a bit on Friday.

"The players had a little break, but the ones you notice are the ones who aren't at 100 per cent. But you have to go on, and wanting to win a game is a mental thing.

"At the start, the most important thing is to win games. A 1-0 is always tight. We had enough opportunities to make it 2-0. If you don't, then it stays tight until the end."

Toni Kroos was also thrilled at the result, but acknowledges his side could well have been made to pay for their profligacy.

"We all know it’s never easy in Frankfurt, because they’re a very good team," he told the club's official website.

"However, we still dominated the game for the full 90 minutes. We let them have very few chances, but we have to point the finger at ourselves for not wrapping it up much earlier.

"It would have been a lot calmer at the end."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=4194314
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby smaw2010 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:16 am

We played pretty well on the attack, but the transition from attack to defense still has to improve.
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:59 am

Borusse wrote:What handball? Frankfurt scored from a handball?

Their attacker was either just offside or just not-offside (probably the latter), but he ran forward too much for the cross and couldn't head it in, so he used the "hand of God". The goal was probably ruled out for offside though, hence the complaints. However it would have been unfair for a handball goal to be allowed, dontchathink?

At least it looks like a handball to me.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:36 am

Are you talking about Meier using his hand ? I think he hit the ball with his head. But still, that looks offside to me although it is not the best angle to watch from.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:55 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Image

"The referee gave Guardiola his second win"

:shock:

How can this bullsh*t be on Bild's website????

The Frankfurt camp is furious. They are claiming a penalty that should have been given for a Dante push on Meier in the box while he was running at full speed, and that goal that was disallowed.

Meier: "It was definitely not handball. It was a regular goal. We could have had a point."

However, according to Markus Merk for Sky: "There is no offside, but then Meier comes into play and helps direct the ball using his hand. The offside decision was wrong, but it was not a regular goal." [source]

Retweet this!
Can't see tweet? Click here!
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:59 am

Guardiola on Goetze: "He's a great (... wait for it...), great player. But he has only completed seven, eight training sessions"

Pep — all good things come in twos :pep:

Retweet this!
Can't see tweet? Click here!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga