You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-08-17] Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:30 pm

Eintracht Frankfurt will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 21

Re: [2013-08-17] Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayern Munich

Postby kod2600 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:38 pm

I was annoyed watching the 2nd half
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:39 pm

ramsej84 wrote:We won the 3 points; OK... however we did not deserve them, not at all.
In the second half we only had one clear chance ; that of Bastian in the last 2-3 mins...
Pep has to realize that this strategy is leading us nowhere. We were made to suffer vs Frankfurt for all the second half, so what will happen against the best teams?
This strategy of a 'modern libero' (how the sky Germany) described it (a part interpreted by Schweinsteige) was the same strategy used by L.Enrique while at AS Roma. He had D.De Rossi instead. They used to control most of the matches but at the end they either drew or most likely lose. Occasionally
they made a perfect match - thus inconsistency lead to Pep's friend firing.
I am seeing this happening at us; this is not the way.
The only positive was the goal's build up & Mandzukic's conclusion.

Thats a bit harsh saying Bayern didnt deserve to win, their were countless goal scoring opportunities Bayern players completely flogged and Robben was wrongfully called offside too. Also defensively Bayern were not nearly as fragile, most of the chances Frabkfurt got came from individual errors. I thought Pep's new system was starting to mold itself together but poor finishing put a bad taste in everyones mouth. If Robben's goal would have counted, Schweinstiger scoring from point blank and etc. this game. could have ended 4 or 5-0 and our mood about Pep's system wud be a lot difference.

I think some of us are putting blame on the system when it should be on the players who failed to execute this time in my opinion.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:43 pm

lau03143 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:We won the 3 points; OK... however we did not deserve them, not at all.

What a load of tosh.

Apart from maybe ten minutes towards the end of the second half we had complete and total dominance. Even then, the only half decent chance they had was ruled out for offside.

We hardly played great, but we were far superior than them.

I'm getting annoyed with people and their expectations of how our team should play. We can't win by 4 or 5 goals every game. Have you never watched football before?

It's a total joke some people.

Meier's goal was not an offside and that was the 44th min my friend so I think had not the assistant mistakenly signaled for off-side you could be writing something else...
And I agree with kod2600, It was annoying.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:46 pm

It wasn't an offside but it was a handball...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:00 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
lau03143 wrote:

What a load of tosh.

Apart from maybe ten minutes towards the end of the second half we had complete and total dominance. Even then, the only half decent chance they had was ruled out for offside.

We hardly played great, but we were far superior than them.

I'm getting annoyed with people and their expectations of how our team should play. We can't win by 4 or 5 goals every game. Have you never watched football before?

It's a total joke some people.

Meier's goal was not an offside and that was the 44th min my friend so I think had not the assistant mistakenly signaled for off-side you could be writing something else...
And I agree with kod2600, It was annoying.

It was only annoying because Bayern weren't up by 5 goals, if the players were more clinical today everyones mood would be different....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:04 pm

To be fair, Trapp made some excellent saves to deny our players from scoring more goals. The save on Dante is perhaps the most memorable.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:04 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I assume there is a minor injury we didn't hear about.

Their could me many factors, as the manager its Pep's job to select the best possible line up. Martinez could he injured or Pep didnt think he was fit mentally or physically to play. At the moment i find it hard to complain since Bayern havent lost or played badly, lets wait and see....

I think it is because of the long trip he had to make to play the international friendly vs ecuador.
http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/en/news/ ... /44355.php
Pizarro was also missing - due to the same circumstances; I guess!
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:06 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I assume there is a minor injury we didn't hear about.

Their could me many factors, as the manager its Pep's job to select the best possible line up. Martinez could he injured or Pep didnt think he was fit mentally or physically to play. At the moment i find it hard to complain since Bayern havent lost or played badly, lets wait and see....

I think it is because of the long trip he had to make to play the international friendly vs ecuador.
http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/en/news/ ... /44355.php
Pizarro was also missing - due to the same circumstances; I guess!

This is the most plausible explanation, however it has to be said Thiago made the same trip as Martinez and not only was he in the match squad, but he also came on and played. Martinez's omission is still strange in my opinion.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Porto2112 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:06 pm

It was a good match to watch, but the result not so much. Pep needs to set things up quickly, we can't play in Champions League like this.
Porto2112
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:12 pm

MUTU wrote:however it has to be said Thiago made the same trip as Martinez and not only was he in the match squad, but he also came on and played. Martinez's omission is still strange in my opinion.

You have a valid point here :?
I'd rather not comment any further cause I'll :evil:
Mu previous complaints were in reference to the second half.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Noahfcb2 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:14 pm

the goal ruled out was offside. Didn't take the chances that came our way and didn't create enough in second half. Please bring back 4-2-3-1 [-o< ! endless passing reminded me of Barca. #-o
Noahfcb2
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:14 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
In the second half we only had one clear chance ; that of Bastian in the last 2-3 mins...
Pep has to realize that this strategy is leading us nowhere. We were made to suffer vs Frankfurt for all the second half, so what will happen against the best teams?
This strategy of a 'modern libero' (how the sky Germany) described it (a part interpreted by Schweinsteige) was the same strategy used by L.Enrique while at AS Roma. He had D.De Rossi instead. They used to control most of the matches but at the end they either drew or most likely lose. Occasionally
they made a perfect match - thus inconsistency lead to Pep's friend firing.
I am seeing this happening at us; this is not the way.
The only positive was the goal's build up & Mandzukic's conclusion.

Thats a bit harsh saying Bayern didnt deserve to win, their were countless goal scoring opportunities Bayern players completely flogged and Robben was wrongfully called offside too. Also defensively Bayern were not nearly as fragile, most of the chances Frabkfurt got came from individual errors. I thought Pep's new system was starting to mold itself together but poor finishing put a bad taste in everyones mouth. If Robben's goal would have counted, Schweinstiger scoring from point blank and etc. this game. could have ended 4 or 5-0 and our mood about Pep's system wud be a lot difference.

I think some of us are putting blame on the system when it should be on the players who failed to execute this time in my opinion.....

Yeah, that's because in this system one individual error almost always leads to a goal scoring opportunity. Individual mistakes always happen, and did happen last year too, it's just that the consequences were a lot smaller.
That's why this system will not bring the kind of consistency we had last year, and that's why we will no longer be able to rely on players like DVB, who looked good last year, and just terrible this year.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:14 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Bayern were very sloppy in the final third, so many chances were missed but credit should also be given to Trapp. Overral i thought Bayern looked better today than vs Gladbach. Defensively i didnt think Bayern were vulnerable on counters but their were a lot of individual errors that could have cost them a goal.

In the end a win is a win not a bad game but not a great one :pep:

I agree. We played better than last week even though we scored less. However the two main problems are still there:

1) We are creating lots of chances but scoring very little.
2) We are allowing too many chances (but conceding very little).

These are not impossible to fix. I liked the lineup today. I'm glad Pep was willing to give players like Shaqiri playing time.

However, the second half was incredibly boring, even though for most of it we were not in danger of conceding. I hope it does not become something common.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:17 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:1) We are creating lots of chances but scoring very little.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:These are not impossible to fix.

Yes.

Yes!

YES!!!

BRING. BACK. GOMEZ.

Fair point, innit?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:19 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Bayern were very sloppy in the final third, so many chances were missed but credit should also be given to Trapp. Overral i thought Bayern looked better today than vs Gladbach. Defensively i didnt think Bayern were vulnerable on counters but their were a lot of individual errors that could have cost them a goal.

In the end a win is a win not a bad game but not a great one :pep:

I agree. We played better than last week even though we scored less. However the two main problems are still there:

1) We are creating lots of chances but scoring very little.
2) We are allowing too many chances (but conceding very little).

These are not impossible to fix. I liked the lineup today. I'm glad Pep was willing to give players like Shaqiri playing time.

However, the second half was incredibly boring, even though for most of it we were not in danger of conceding. I hope it does not become something common.

Thats exactlty what i am trying to convey, in my opinion the system was looking good i just wished the players played to their potential which they didnt in this game in my opinion. I doubt any of us would have cared how boring the second half was if we were up 4 or 5 goals :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga