You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-01-20] Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:30 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
13%
Bayern Munich will win
88%

Total votes : 16

Re: [2012-01-20] Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby Cathe » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Right I'm wearing my Bayern shirt, got some snacks and alcohol, turned my phone off so nobody can disturb me, posting in this forum using my iPod Touch so I don't have to walk to the computer and I've got the tv set to ESPN. Goal the bundesliga preview show is on in 15 mins so I'll watch that then the match. Yeah I think this is a great way to spend a Friday night!
Bayern - Anime - Gaming - Takarazuka
Cathe
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby AvatarX » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:30 pm

Cathe wrote:Right I'm wearing my Bayern shirt, got some snacks and alcohol, turned my phone off so nobody can disturb me, posting in this forum using my iPod Touch so I don't have to walk to the computer and I've got the tv set to ESPN. Goal the bundesliga preview show is on in 15 mins so I'll watch that then the match. Yeah I think this is a great way to spend a Friday night!

Hehe ... nice.

Only some goals from our team in the next 2 hours missing from a very good evening :)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby walter » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:31 pm

Dang it! I'll have to teach till 20 min after the game starts. I'll have to run to my car, drive home and I guess I'll get to watch only the second half. I hate when my work conflicts with the games :x
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby walter » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:33 pm

I hope we get to see the lineup/formation that bild is predicting. Would like to know how it works with Muller back in the middle again and Kroos on the left like during his Leverkusen stint.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:37 pm

walter wrote:I hope we get to see the lineup/formation that bild is predicting. Would like to know how it works with Muller back in the middle again and Kroos on the left like during his Leverkusen stint.

Yes, I hope to see Kroos playing in the left like when he was in leverkusen, because in the bayern of Van Gaal, he had some bad perfomance playing at the left.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby walter » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:41 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:
walter wrote:I hope we get to see the lineup/formation that bild is predicting. Would like to know how it works with Muller back in the middle again and Kroos on the left like during his Leverkusen stint.

Yes, I hope to see Kroos playing in the left like when he was in leverkusen, because in the bayern of Van Gaal, he had some bad perfomance playing at the left.

True, but he was actually playing bad everywhere LVG played him.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby CroCHEF » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:43 pm

Its official now... thats lineup for today game.
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mr.S » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:45 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:
Mr.S wrote:
quaazi wrote:huhwhaa?

DOn't you find it stupid?? Boateng 0 creativity. Then Tymo both on the right,kills off that flank while Reus the main threat is on the other flank.

Boateng 0 creativity??? jajaja.. Forget that. A defender doesnt need to be creative, he has to mark the opponent, preventing the opposite to attack. He most anticipate an incoming threats.

NO A FULL-back has to attack & defend. If you look at word football now,for Fullbacks the balance have shifted to 80% attack & 20 % defend. Most teams have very aggressive full-backs. While everyone ideally would want a sound defensive foolback,but Boateng is no answer. You can't play a 0% attacking Central Back as Full-back.

Specially when you have another guy named Tymo on the right who is equally defensive & has 0 creativity. Both are pretty slow for a Full-back & Central medio.(Yes as a CB Boateng is fast).

As a result we are a 1 SIDED team. We don't have a right side anyway. Besides Reus is the biggest player in Gladback & I find it strange that instead of having a defensive player to cover him we are loading all our defenders on the other SIDE. EXTREMELY STUPID.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Aequitas1987 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:55 pm

I partially agree with Mr. S and partially don't.

I also prefer Rafinha in the RB slot because of his interchanges with Robben and attacking ability.

But here is where I disagree. I don't think Boateng has 0 creativity in fact as the games go on hes getting more and more comfortable at RB and he is capable of connecting up with a CM then onto Robben for the goal.

The problem is playing Tymo as RDM as he is highly highly inconsistent when it comes to his distribution. You can trust him to be on the ball as CDM but he only occasionally has good distribution games. Gustavo is no better but at least you can trust him to put in the constant harassing work rate on reus and therefore help press them into their half which we are very good at taking advantage from and scoring.

I have always preferred Gustavo and still think he should start in all our 'harder' games.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:56 pm

I was talking Boateng as a central back, and not as a fullback. A centralback must need to stay in the defensive line, but the fullback can attack sometimes with the wingers.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby quaazi » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:00 pm

Jupp Heynckes has celebrated 455 Bundesliga wins as player and coach combined, joint-top with Otto Rehhagel. A Bayern win would help Heynckes to a new Bundesliga record.

Come on, do it, lads!
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby lau03143 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:12 pm

Cathe wrote:Right I'm wearing my Bayern shirt, got some snacks and alcohol, turned my phone off so nobody can disturb me, posting in this forum using my iPod Touch so I don't have to walk to the computer and I've got the tv set to ESPN. Goal the bundesliga preview show is on in 15 mins so I'll watch that then the match. Yeah I think this is a great way to spend a Friday night!

Yeah! Me too! Got my Bayern scarf I got in Munich on too!

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby lau03143 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:30 pm

The right hand side of the team is balanced, these is no need for Boateng to be creative with Robben there. If you played further forward he'd get in the way, especially since Robben never tracks back, that's probably why Boateng is being played because Borussia will be playing on the counter attack.

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Zer0 Bayern » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:30 pm

Guys any links?? Thanks in advance!
...................................JaBEAST Martínez...................................
Zer0 Bayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby quaazi » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:31 pm

I have to admit, I have a bit of a soft spot for Gladbach. I just love that poison-green aesthetic they got going.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga