You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-01-20] Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:30 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
13%
Bayern Munich will win
88%

Total votes : 16

Re: [2012-01-20] Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby lau03143 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:04 pm

Mr.S wrote:
lau03143 wrote:[quote="Mr.S"]Loads of thing I hated today.

Schweni is not ready to play,pretty crap. Not match fit,needs 2-3 more games.
Muller is INVISIBLE,even that is understatement. HORRIBLE.
Our RW atleats works there is no Left wing. Toni Kroos is crap as LW. His position is No.10/CAM.

Van Buyten's lack of pace if getting brutally exposed time & again.
Neuer obviously is playing pretty crap for the highets salaried GK in the world. I still don't get the hype though,there has not been a single match this season where he saved our asses . He makes as much mistakes as Kraft,2 against Gladbach(both games),the liga cup against mainz or hamburg.Atleats Kraft was our youth product.

And the most obvious one,Boateng has 0 creativity & is devoid of any intelliegence or technical skills to make those link up plays with Robben.

I would do -

Sub Van Buyten Out -> Rafinha in at RB,Boateng CB.
Schweni out,Alaba in a LW,Kroos at CM.

2 Changes,all we need. If we still don't get the win,Jupp can sub Muller of TYmo out for Olic.

Sorry, I can't take you seriously.

Earlier on in this thread you said our RW was unbalanced and basically wrong.

Then your say our right wing worked.

Then you say Boateng has 0 creativity even though you said the RW worked and know he is a CB playing RB.

I genuinely think you are a wind up merchant who just likes a rant.
Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk

Do you even watch the game before typing stupidly??

We did not have a Left Wing today . IT did not exits. Although our RW which was nowhere near optimised,it was atleast operating. In the 1st half atleast that WING worked.

I think you should just shut up because you don't watch the game & type like an ignorant.

You should watch your language before start calling names just because someone doesn't share your opinion.[/quote]

Lol, some people just can't take opinions of others. But it's all in jest! (at least I hope!). But it's good to get a bit of debate, the forum would be a boring place if everyone agreed with each other! That's the beauty of being a football supporter, especially when most people on this forum are unable to attend games! It's the only outlet we have to get some serious discussion going!

We've got a strong team with players with different qualities in different games, I felt the RW was balanced for the game against Mönchengladbach someone else disagrees! Fair enough!

One thing is for sure, we need a Plan B in our games, as to keep up performance levels will be hard, especially with a few hard away games to come the second half.

To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AvatarX » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:07 pm

lau03143 wrote:Lol, some people just can't take opinions of others. But it's all in jest! (at least I hope!). But it's good to get a bit of debate, the forum would be a boring place if everyone agreed with each other! That's the beauty of being a football supporter, especially when most people on this forum are unable to attend games! It's the only outlet we have to get some serious discussion going!

Difference of opinion is something good and at times desirable. But the conversation should always be polite and respectful.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby lau03143 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:15 pm

lau03143 wrote:Lol, some people just can't take opinions of others. But it's all in jest! (at least I hope!). But it's good to get a bit of debate, the forum would be a boring place if everyone agreed with each other! That's the beauty of being a football supporter, especially when most people on this forum are unable to attend games! It's the only outlet we have to get some serious discussion going!

Difference of opinion is something good and at times desirable. But the conversation should always be polite and respectful.

Yep!

who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby ronnie98 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:44 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:I think people blaming Muller need to realize that he plays too 'fast' for most of our players with the exception of Robben/Ribery and SOMETIMES Gomez.

He believes in the instant 1-2 which he does impecabbaly well with Ozil and Klose in German NT because they KEEP RUNNING after they pass the ball. A lot of our players just didn't read his forward passes or the 1-2 an staye d still.

oh now muller's form has been wack because he is very fast with his crosses and passes??? =D> =D> I am afraid muller has become a weakness for us and should never start.
ronnie98
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:02 pm

ronnie98 wrote:I am afraid muller has become a weakness for us and should never start.

I agree that his form hasn't been great this season and when Ribery is back then maybe he'll get dropped to the bench with Ribery - Kroos - Robben in the 3 forward roles. But to say never start is a bit much!

who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:42 pm

lau03143 wrote:
ronnie98 wrote:I am afraid muller has become a weakness for us and should never start.

I agree that his form hasn't been great this season and when Ribery is back then maybe he'll get dropped to the bench with Ribery - Kroos - Robben in the 3 forward roles. But to say never start is a bit much!

Schweini was many times in the bench with Hitzfeld and Klinsmann. But right now, he is one of our best players. So dont be affraid about Muller, he is not playing well, but he has enough of time to progress.

Muller will be the first alternative in the bench, so he will be playing in all the games too.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bayern196 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:02 pm

This match is fiasco... :(
bayern196
Getting the hang of it

Postby SilverX » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:03 pm

I can't believe what I watched on Friday. Our team didn't have the drive nor the inspiration to take the game to gladbach. They looked like they had 0 motivation.

It almost feels like the players don't give a damn about the league and only show up for the champions league. I dont understand at all. It feels like the team thinks all they have to do is show up and because our name is FC Bayern we will get the win, withouth putting any work into it.

Shit has to change and fast because this isn't going to cut it, in the champions league nor the bundesliga.
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

[2012-01-20] Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby American » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:18 pm

SilverX wrote:I can't believe what I watched on Friday. Our team didn't have the drive nor the inspiration to take the game to gladbach. They looked like they had 0 motivation.

It almost feels like the players don't give a damn about the league and only show up for the champions league. I dont understand at all. It feels like the team thinks all they have to do is show up and because our name is FC Bayern we will get the win, withouth putting any work into it.

Shit has to change and fast because this isn't going to cut it, in the champions league nor the bundesliga.

All the dough comes from the CL.

Regards,
Jamie Pawlikowski
Regards,
Jamie Pawlikowski
Dallas, Tx, 'Merica
American
Getting the hang of it

Postby Element » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:43 pm

Their Counter attack football was PERFECTION.. World class

and our defensive Work was crap

the 1st goal was neuers mistake

2nd goal was Great counter attack and our defense underestimating them

3rd goal was Smart Arango.. WORLD CLASS Reus and smooth Herrmann dribbling

Reus is SUPER SMART.. a bit less than Mueller at his best though .. but he is faster a lot faster
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:54 pm

It's a shame that Reus is leaving them. Dortmund already have a great team. Gladbach are a very good team this season but without Reus they won't be the same.
In Pep I trust
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:56 pm

And TBH Herrmann was a big disappointment last season. I saw him scoring an awesome volley against Leverkusen and I thought he was going to be a great new talent, but he performed really bad after that. I'm surprised he played that good against us
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby nur4bayern » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've posted anything and I'd hoped to have lauded praise on our beloved FC Bayern but sadly, that's not the case.

I was very excited in anticipation of watching the first match of the second half of the season but my excitement went to astonishment, then anger and resentment, as I witnessed a lazy, uninspired effort from our team. No excitement on their part at all, another "patzer" from Neuer and a completely out of synch attack. IMHO the entire squad acted like all they had to do was show up and they would win.

I saw an interview with Uli Hoeness who made it clear winning the BL title was THE most important thing for the club. If players can't grasp that from the boss then they shouldn't be playing for FC Bayern. The talent is there, but the desire to succeed, the willingness to give 110% every match just isn't there. I can't honestly pick out a single player that showed anything on the pitch worthy of a positive comment.

Bayern needed a big match to stay ahead of their competition and they failed miserably, whereas ALL of their closest competitors won their matches. Now we are tied with Dortmund & Schalke with 'Gladbach just a point behind. Our players need to find the inspiration to play at the highest level, every minute of every match otherwise we fans are going to be very disappointed.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby The Spyware » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:47 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:And TBH Herrmann was a big disappointment last season. I saw him scoring an awesome volley against Leverkusen and I thought he was going to be a great new talent, but he performed really bad after that. I'm surprised he played that good against us

He was good toward the end of last season
But yes he was a flop in the rest of the season despite the bright start
But He has good potential, his technique and ball control are very good and he can build on that
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby AvatarX » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:22 am

A nice tactic analysis of the game:
http://www.theirtactics.com/monchenglad ... th-a-bang/

"In conclusion, Ribery’s absence created more tactical problems for Juup Heynckes than anyone could have foreseen. Ironically, Robben’s presence had the same impact, Muller who thrives on the right has struggled in any other role. Monchengladbach deserve all the credit as they’ve closed the gap between them and the league leaders to just one point and in so doing they did Dortmund a massive favor."
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga