You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-11-25] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:30 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 5

Re: [2017-11-25] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:02 pm

VAR is always at the referee's discretion, so I would say it is entirely up to the referee. In your example, however, I find it highly unlikely that the referee would choose to consult VAR, but if he did, I don't think he would cancel it. It is similar to advantage play. Although no free kick was awarded to team B they did get the ball and were able to begin an action from roughly the same position.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:46 pm

MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:
IMG.jpeg
Here I have a few screenshots of that long ball Vestergaard made to Hazard. At the time the pass was made, Hazard was offside. His right leg (knee and shin in particular), head and left shoulder were in an offside position. The rules say that if any part of the body from which a player can score is offside, then the flag must be raised. Therefore, when only hands are offside the flag is not raised since it is presumed that you cannot score from your hand (that’s why Lacazette was NOT given offside last week in the NLD for the second goal since only his hand was offside)

Now any reasonable person knows that players CAN score from or control the ball with their head, shoulder and knees, hence if the rules were objectively enforced and the VAR was rightly used, Hazard should have been flagged offside.

Yes it could be argued that Hazard controlled the ball with his feet and not the body parts offside, but that is a flawed contention because goals are disallowed even when a non-involved player in an offside position is deemed to have obstructed or affected the play. Surely here a significant part of the player’s body was offside.
So when the flag is raised for lesser violations, it ought to have gone up here!

Here you can see both Kimmich and Süle are in line and where Hazard is. Look for yourself and make up your own mind.

Did you seriously take a screenshot when the ball has already left the passer's feet and compared Suele's feet to Hazard's shoulder using a crooked line? :crazy:

Even if you had to take the screenshot 2-3 frames earlier when the ball was still at the passer's feet, the angle is inconclusive for the purposes of judging whether or not an offside position exists, which if it exists (Note that I'm not saying it doesn't) is millimetric. The reason is that Suele is well built and his shoulder is further towards goal than his foot.

Here is another screenshot of just one frame before the ones I posted above and still the body parts I mentioned earlier (right shin, right knee, left shoulder and head) appear to be offside. In other words, a significant portion of his body was offside.
Hazard-Offside.JPG

As for the crooked line, that’s the best you can do on IPhone editor. This time I’ve used Windows 10 Paint on my laptop to draw the line.

I can post the highlights link (rare to find one because most have been taken down due to copyright issues) if you want, but listen to it on mute because the British commentators, as biased as they usually are against Bayern, simply brush it under the rug and don’t even have a second look (or ask for a second look) at that frame and just go with the decision. On the other hand if the shoe was on the other foot and it was a Bayern player instead of Hazard in a similar position, there would be numerous replays and lots of “close call” comments by the commentators.

Also @MUTU your question was very appropriately answered by FCBM in the post above mine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:36 am

Still not convinced. The white line you drew is not parallel to the grass stripes. Furthermore you are still assuming Suele's feet are the closest to goal while I still claim it's Suele's shoulder.

EDIT: scratch that. Your screenshot did convince me, that Hazard was NOT offside. I just held a paper on the screen, parallel to the grass stripes, with a pixel of Suele's foot showing (despite, I claim is not the closest to goal) and no part of Hazard showed up.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:29 am

It does seem onside to me too, but a close call.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:49 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It does seem onside to me too, but a close call.

Regular commercial cameras under VAR use, unlike those used by goal line technology, suffer from distortions specially towards the edges. You might never know what was the right call.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby aterford » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:17 pm

tflags wrote:

Regular commercial cameras under VAR use, unlike those used by goal line technology, suffer from distortions specially towards the edges. You might never know what was the right call.

Yup, and generally even worse on wide shots like the one pictured
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:21 pm

Yes, definitely close. Too close, in fact, for VAR to be able to take a timely decision on, even if it were offside. VAR shouldn't interrupt unless they were sure of the referee's decision being incorrect.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:53 pm

And benefit of the doubt goes to the attacker. Unfortunate in this case but such is life
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:06 am

Jupp is an infiltrated agent by Gladbach...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Paphlagonian » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:32 pm

JANCKER wrote:Jupp is an infiltrated agent by Gladbach...

HERESY!!!
Paphlagonian
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Turkey

Previous

Return to Bundesliga