You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-11-25] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:30 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 5

Re: [2017-11-25] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby Outis » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:45 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Is that guy Wriedt actually registered as a footballer?
Why?- he tried his best , we can't pick up on him , why not criticize Lewa?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Agree, Wriedt plays as good as he can :mrgreen: , while Lewy, usually holds the ball too long, he slows down the attack and ends being dispossessed...
P.S. Today Rudy I think was the worst player, he lost the ball too often.
Outis
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Romania

Postby Roonzil » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:47 pm

Outis wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Is that guy Wriedt actually registered as a footballer?
Why?- he tried his best , we can't pick up on him , why not criticize Lewa?

Agree, Wriedt plays as good as he can :mrgreen: , while Lewy, usually holds the ball too long, he slows down the attack and ends being dispossessed...
P.S. Today Rudy I think was the worst player, he lost the ball too often.

Rudy and Kimmich...two players who are otherwise pretty decent, were pretty bad today.
The players seem exhausted, and out of ideas.

At least Friedl played decently in two "tough" games.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby America USA » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:04 pm

Everyone except the CBs and Martinez was poor today. James tried but was taken off so cannot really comment on him. (However, someone should’ve marked Ginter for their second goal, that was atrocious defending)

Vidal and Kimmich were poor except for the goal. Rudy, whom I advocate for all the time, had a bad game. Wriedt tried his best, but Lewandowski was awful today. Friendl looked alright in both games and I don’t blame him for the defeat.

Very disappointing result but all’s not lost yet. Must bounce back against Hannover.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby gumboduncan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:49 pm

The positioning of Bernat in the second goal was horrible. IMO you should not play Bernat in away games and esp. against a quality team like Gladbach. He's a good offensive full back but a horrible defensive. He doesn't have the defensive awareness to play LB in tough games on the road.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby Ed. » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:50 am

#12 wrote:Are you saying I‘m wrong? We NEED 3-4 top class offensive players if we want to remain competitive even in Bundesliga... CL fantasies are delusional...

I think you maybe overestimating the quality of the rest of the BL #12. Despite the squad deficiencies, as long as Robben and Lewandowski play, Bayern will win the BL.

As for the CL, yes, Bayern threw away any desire to go deep in the competition this year with that shockingly mediocre transfer window.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:25 pm

Ed. wrote:
#12 wrote:Are you saying I‘m wrong? We NEED 3-4 top class offensive players if we want to remain competitive even in Bundesliga... CL fantasies are delusional...

I think you maybe overestimating the quality of the rest of the BL #12. Despite the squad deficiencies, as long as Robben and Lewandowski play, Bayern will win the BL.

As for the CL, yes, Bayern threw away any desire to go deep in the competition this year with that shockingly mediocre transfer window.

Many here celebrated it as being outstanding... People criticizing it were/are branded „negative“...
And our transfer windows have been like that for years...

Also, YOU are underestimating them... Even with Robben we would’ve lost yesterday...
Jupp‘s got them back on track - but there were lots of mediocre games... People here get carried away quicker than Hoeness and that even bigger failure...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Roonzil » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:19 pm

#12 wrote:
Ed. wrote:

Many here celebrated it as being outstanding... People criticizing it were/are branded „negative“...
And our transfer windows have been like that for years...

Also, YOU are underestimating them... Even with Robben we would’ve lost yesterday...
Jupp‘s got them back on track - but there were lots of mediocre games... People here get carried away quicker than Hoeness and that even bigger failure...

The mediocre games so far have been with a rotational squad (Hamburg, Celtic, Anderlecht, Gladbach). All of these games missed at least one key player (either Thiago or Lewy) :coffee:
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Ed. » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:16 pm

#12 wrote:Also, YOU are underestimating them... Even with Robben we would’ve lost yesterday...

Well, I meant you were overestimating Leipzig, Dortmund etc, not yesterdays encounter with Gladbach in isolation.
It doesn't matter if we lost yesterday and even lose another 3-4 games going forward. There is no one from the chasing pack who can put together anything close to resembling a consistent run.

75 points or thereabouts will be enough to win the BL this year.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:36 pm

IMG.jpeg
Here I have a few screenshots of that long ball Vestergaard made to Hazard. At the time the pass was made, Hazard was offside. His right leg (knee and shin in particular), head and left shoulder were in an offside position. The rules say that if any part of the body from which a player can score is offside, then the flag must be raised. Therefore, when only hands are offside the flag is not raised since it is presumed that you cannot score from your hand (that’s why Lacazette was NOT given offside last week in the NLD for the second goal since only his hand was offside)

Now any reasonable person knows that players CAN score from or control the ball with their head, shoulder and knees, hence if the rules were objectively enforced and the VAR was rightly used, Hazard should have been flagged offside.

Yes it could be argued that Hazard controlled the ball with his feet and not the body parts offside, but that is a flawed contention because goals are disallowed even when a non-involved player in an offside position is deemed to have obstructed or affected the play. Surely here a significant part of the player’s body was offside.
So when the flag is raised for lesser violations, it ought to have gone up here!

Here you can see both Kimmich and Süle are in line and where Hazard is. Look for yourself and make up your own mind.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:00 pm

Considering that most of our attacking players were injured, I think the team had a pretty solid performance.

We lacked some creativity in the final third cause our creative players were not there but we dominated the whole game. Gladbach had 2 goal chance + a counter attack in the final minute.

We gifted them two easy goals and they punished us. This would have been a routinary win had Coman and Robben/Mueller been fit to start. This game is nothing no be worried about.

BTW Wriedt looks like an amateur player. Good thing that he runs and fights, but he looks soooo bad
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:46 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Considering that most of our attacking players were injured, I think the team had a pretty solid performance.

We lacked some creativity in the final third cause our creative players were not there but we dominated the whole game. Gladbach had 2 goal chance + a counter attack in the final minute.

We gifted them two easy goals and they punished us. This would have been a routinary win had Coman and Robben/Mueller been fit to start. This game is nothing no be worried about.

BTW Wriedt looks like an amateur player. Good thing that he runs and fights, but he looks soooo bad

Re Wriedt.
You need those kind of players on your team(not necessarily starters of course)

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:16 am

ramsej84 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:BTW Wriedt looks like an amateur player. Good thing that he runs and fights, but he looks soooo bad

Re Wriedt.

I get the idea but not with that low quality, he is between amateur and bad
Last edited by MUTU on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quotes
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:32 am

Achilles wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:BTW Wriedt looks like an amateur player. Good thing that he runs and fights, but he looks soooo bad

Re Wriedt.

I get the idea but not with that low quality, he is between amateur and bad

ramsej84 highly values aggression. However, the reality is that aggression is simply an 'extra'. If someone runs and 'fights' but can't kick a ball, there simply isn't any place for him to play football (at a high level).

We don't want thugs, we want footballers.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:39 am

America USA wrote:
IMG.jpeg
Here I have a few screenshots of that long ball Vestergaard made to Hazard. At the time the pass was made, Hazard was offside. His right leg (knee and shin in particular), head and left shoulder were in an offside position. The rules say that if any part of the body from which a player can score is offside, then the flag must be raised. Therefore, when only hands are offside the flag is not raised since it is presumed that you cannot score from your hand (that’s why Lacazette was NOT given offside last week in the NLD for the second goal since only his hand was offside)

Now any reasonable person knows that players CAN score from or control the ball with their head, shoulder and knees, hence if the rules were objectively enforced and the VAR was rightly used, Hazard should have been flagged offside.

Yes it could be argued that Hazard controlled the ball with his feet and not the body parts offside, but that is a flawed contention because goals are disallowed even when a non-involved player in an offside position is deemed to have obstructed or affected the play. Surely here a significant part of the player’s body was offside.
So when the flag is raised for lesser violations, it ought to have gone up here!

Here you can see both Kimmich and Süle are in line and where Hazard is. Look for yourself and make up your own mind.

Did you seriously take a screenshot when the ball has already left the passer's feet and compared Suele's feet to Hazard's shoulder using a crooked line? :crazy:

Even if you had to take the screenshot 2-3 frames earlier when the ball was still at the passer's feet, the angle is inconclusive for the purposes of judging whether or not an offside position exists, which if it exists (Note that I'm not saying it doesn't) is millimetric. The reason is that Suele is well built and his shoulder is further towards goal than his foot.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:42 am

Anyway, you set me thinking on VAR. When does VAR draw a line?

Let's take a hypothetical situation.

Team A is attacking. Team A passes the ball to a player of the same team who is clearly in an offside position, but the referee does not notice. However, the offside player has a bad ball control and a player from Team B takes the ball off him, hoofs the ball forward, where an attacker from Team B scores.

Should VAR cancel the goal for Team B and award Team B a freekick for the offside position of Team A that happened earlier?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga