You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-12-05] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:30 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach will win
10%
It will end in a draw
30%
Bayern Munich will win
60%

Total votes : 10

Re: [2015-12-05] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby MillaMjau » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:38 pm

Neuer sums it up pretty nicely:
The game reminded me of our encounter with Real Madrid in the Champions League semi-final, when we conceded an early goal and then appeared to lose our focus as Real went on to score more goals. We lack a certain quality to stay calm in those situations, just like in Barcelona last season. Back then and today in Gladbach, the goals were scored in quick succession and we have to learn from that.
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:14 pm

MillaMjau wrote:Neuer sums it up pretty nicely:
The game reminded me of our encounter with Real Madrid in the Champions League semi-final, when we conceded an early goal and then appeared to lose our focus as Real went on to score more goals. We lack a certain quality to stay calm in those situations, just like in Barcelona last season. Back then and today in Gladbach, the goals were scored in quick succession and we have to learn from that.

The custom of being always winning and having the advantage in the score, the pressure of having to win everything and everywhere cause that bayern players do not react properly when they face an opponent that are playing well and score first.

This desperation and bad reaction occur in this team since years ago, specially in the Dortmund of Klopp, when bayern struggle all the rest of the game when Dortmund score first.

For every important and tough matches, Pep have to prepare at least two plans (Plan A and B) depending the circumstance of the game.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby harry-muc » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:13 pm

#12 wrote:Outclassed City? So how come they won?
You call THIS a great performance? Well, seems to be in fashion to overpraise everything nowadays, running out of comparatives pretty soon... But that was hardly great... Yes, we had two opportunities... Two opportunities is not half a dozen... Face it, we sucked ass...
And it's not about the defeat (people don't seem to get it... :roll: :roll: ) - it's about the fact that
Achilles wrote:Bayern always lose points at Borrusia Park
... The guy is not improving anything... He can **** beat the top nteams by 20 goals in Munich if he likes, what's the use when calculably losing the rematches?
I don't understand this tilted view on games that seems to be pretty common around here: we did so good in Barca, they had like a dozen prime opportunities... We did soo good in Gladbach when clearly they had more and better opportunities... Do you ever think we play bad? :P
We always lose the same kind of games and this year we have opposition... Dortmund slip at times, but overall, they appear much more stable, on a higher level when it comes to mentality and able to sink the battleship, when the opportunity arises - even if they only ave 1 minute left...

i think its the other way...if its not perfect, its shit. there was no time in bayern history we were so ahead of the rest of the league and so competitive with europes top teams (which spend much more for players). losing is part of the game...sometimes i wish we would suffer some years of mediocrity, to get rid of some "fans".
harry-muc
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:34 pm

the thing that irritates me is the way we lose. And this pattern has been going on for years...
I started following Bayern since 1995... however I ve only started watching the Buli games some ten years later because here we only cater for serieA and EPL fan boys. I used to watch some UCL matches though.
Yes I agree we have become spoiled and even a draw nowadays makes me angry and changes my mood for the whole week. It makes me anxious for the next match so we can repair what went wrong the week before.
This could have been mentioned before... We lost last match in round one in Oct 2012... at the end of that season we ... shhh

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:54 pm

harry-muc wrote:i think its the other way...if its not perfect, its shit. there was no time in bayern history we were so ahead of the rest of the league and so competitive with europes top teams (which spend much more for players). losing is part of the game...sometimes i wish we would suffer some years of mediocrity, to get rid of some "fans".

We did the same thing 99-2001 more or less - difference being that we ACTUALLY had the best coach in the world back then... None of the last 6 or 7 BuLi Championships have been close... Even the ones we didn'T win... ;)
Also, it's not shit! But neither is it outstanding! When playing away, we cannot play even close to what we play in AA AT ALL... That is a problem, that has been apparent for years and that has not changed in the slightest... Hope we get a shit opponent in the round of 16... First match will be away... :roll:
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:52 am

MillaMjau wrote:Neuer sums it up pretty nicely:

What. A. Legend.

Pity he'll probably never get that captain's armband he so clearly deserves (not necessarily ahead of others, but he deserves it nonetheless).

Back to what he said, I think teams will, or maybe already are, trying to score another goal as soon as they score the opener against us. I think it'd be wise for the team to fall back and defend straight after conceding a goal, especially if there's ample time left. At least until that psychological advantage the opponents temporarily get wears off.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:00 am

Quite interested in seeing your player votes.

Player Ratings
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:17 am

just did ...
all 5 or under excl vidal and coman
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby weisertheking » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:33 am

The last 2 goals conceded were from failed off-side traps. Juve and City could pull back after being taken the lead by gladbach b/c they did'nt use off-side traps. Remind me how Barca beat us last year
weisertheking
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby ottackon » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:00 am

WTF ! :D

ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:23 pm

finally I got to know the reason why we lost...
One of my colleagues (a napoli fan) just told me that he went to our fan club with his Bayern fan friend ...

The last time they did... it was when we lost to VfL last year... :evil:

It seems that aliens visit our club we lose!!!! - against arsenal a BVB friend of mine came with me ...

:evil:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:30 pm

MUTU wrote:Quite interested in seeing your player votes.

Player Ratings

Wow you guys must be nice and lovely wonderful people. 4 and 5 average for Lewandowski and Müller? I put them as 1 and 2.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby quaazi » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:40 pm

I only saw the first half and am a bit surprised to say the least about the final result. It was a miracle we didn't score in the first half, so we must've had a real bad collapse in the second. This season we've been extremely strong in the second half - the only two exceptions are both defeats (Arsenal and now this). I didn't even think we could collapse like this because of that second half form. I wasn't at all impressed by the sophistication of Schubert's defensive system, frankly, all I saw was two-banks-of-four-gang-up-on-the-lone-winger. I am tempted to write off this as an anomaly - after all, we all know what happened to Arsenal when they came to München some days later. But I'm sure there are lessons to be learned: unbeaten seasons tend to end up crap in other competitions - the Invincibles crashed out of cup competitions both in Europe and at home.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:28 pm

ramsej84 wrote:finally I got to know the reason why we lost...
One of my colleagues (a napoli fan) just told me that he went to our fan club with his Bayern fan friend ...

The last time they did... it was when we lost to VfL last year... :evil:

It seems that aliens visit our club we lose!!!! - against arsenal a BVB friend of mine came with me ...

:evil:

Ah ok, and there we were blaming Pep for the defeat!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:37 pm

quaazi wrote:I only saw the first half and am a bit surprised to say the least about the final result. It was a miracle we didn't score in the first half, so we must've had a real bad collapse in the second. This season we've been extremely strong in the second half - the only two exceptions are both defeats (Arsenal and now this). I didn't even think we could collapse like this because of that second half form. I wasn't at all impressed by the sophistication of Schubert's defensive system, frankly, all I saw was two-banks-of-four-gang-up-on-the-lone-winger. I am tempted to write off this as an anomaly - after all, we all know what happened to Arsenal when they came to München some days later. But I'm sure there are lessons to be learned: unbeaten seasons tend to end up crap in other competitions - the Invincibles crashed out of cup competitions both in Europe and at home.

Same thing here. Missed the game to go adventuring but saw the reaction on this forum, and came back late to watch the replay. Gotta say not surprised to see a few people either crying or trolling for pages.

Missing some key players and we tried a different arrangement of personnel against a good team that's been turned around by Schubert. Even saw it was a dominant first half from Bayern with multiple clear chances to take and hold onto the lead like a bulldog. Bad finishing or bad luck at least we are getting into positions. Now Guardiola needs to get into some guys up top for not doing their damn job properly.

Key lessons to the team here about taking opportunities before it's too late and keeping control of the game when we are down. They need to look at the damn sideline and see the coach telling them to calm the game down.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga