You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-10-26] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:30 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach will win
6%
It will end in a draw
13%
Bayern Munich will win
81%

Total votes : 16

Re: [2014-10-26] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:34 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:One thing i didnt get at all was Ribery on the right side? To do what? Everyone knows his left is his strong one to give exceptional passes, but on the right he seemed a bit lost, even though he had some nice actions.

He can probably cross better on the right with his right foot...on the left he only really would have been good to make a move towards the middle and shoot from distance but that's not really a possibility with so many opposing players standing in front of the goal. Could have helped Bernat's overlapping runs though...I don't know, don't think playing him on the left would have been any better.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:51 pm

Robben was clearly missed, but I think we'd have had this kind of problem anyway with him, as we saw last season. I think that more than Robben today we missed two almost forgotten players: Schweinsteiger and Thiago. We only had Alonso and to a certain extent Lahm capable of getting passes through, as Gotze didn't have the best of games. With one more player like that it would've been much easier.

I'm not as worried as some of you are about potentially losing Robben in a big game but of course, any time is going to miss its best player when he can't play. I'm sure you've all seen Real play without Ronaldo before.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:54 pm

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Borusse » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:27 pm

Entertaining game and Neuer was the difference. Gladbach really made Bayern work for that point.

You lost 6 points in the first 9 games, that makes the crisis in Dortmund even more heartbreaking. You made some mistakes and there was a chance of making you fight for the title this season. Unfortunately that didn't happen.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Element » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:38 pm

Has anyone noticed how many fast players they have

Hahn,Herrmann,Traore and Thorgan Hazard

Rafael,Max Kruse and Johnson are fast too

And those Xhaka-Kramer long Passes , i bet they train this American football style everyday
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Lotharis1 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:41 am

Ottomeister13 wrote:
Lotharis1 wrote:I know we can't win every single game going forward... but they've hit their stride at the moment, and those players who were injured are coming back healthy. We look on form and deep, if not deeper than any team in the world at the moment. No one even looks like they're worked, too hard and needs rest either. This is a big game, and I think they're going to take it just as serious as they did the Champions League match. I expect a win with a 3-4 goal advantage.

3-4 goal advantage, then you CLEARLY underestimate Gladbach, especially away.. Its never easy over there for Bayern, just look at the latest results. I expect a win, but with maybe just one or 2 goal difference. It depends on how Gladbach is regenerating in 2 days ;)

Nothing to do with underestimating Gladbach... I have a lot of respect for them, as well as Roma, Mainz, and Koln. But, the way Bayern were playing was unstoppable.

I didn't realize Robben was out. The big thing missing from this match was Robben's ability to drive into the box and shoot. No one else was willing to do so, except Lewandowski that 1 time. Several players made space in the box, but lacked the nerve to pull the trigger.

Without that we couldn't convert that early dominance into an early goal. Those early goals have changed everything for us. The only strategy that works against us at the moment is bunker and counter. We've been breaking through the bunker lately, and when opponents have been forced to open up for an equalizer and we find openings behind their defense as a result.

This is the downfall of a 3-4-3 with 4 defenders across it. Lahm isn't as inventive going forward. Expecting Rafinha and Bernat sending crosses from far into the box when the defense is back not a great attack.

Boateng being out also hurt, because of his ability to send long range shots to help keep the defense honest.

Even when Ribery came on (on the wrong flank IMO) he still showed a hesitancy to penetrate into the box with his run. For me Shaqiri on right and Ribery on left was the better option.

Meh...
ImageFC Bayern - Pack MASS www.facebook.com/FCBayernPackMASS Image
Lotharis1
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
United States of America

Re: Sv: [2014-10-26] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby Argeta » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:48 am

Element wrote:Has anyone noticed how many fast players they have

Hahn,Herrmann,Traore and Thorgan Hazard

Rafael,Max Kruse and Johnson are fast too

And those Xhaka-Kramer long Passes , i bet they train this American football style everyday

American? That was pure german fighting spirit from Gladbach yesterday..
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Lotharis1 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:32 am

JANCKER wrote:

I think a lot will be made of that, but I don't think it had anything to do with her being a woman, I'm pretty sure Pep would've tried the same move on a guy. More should be made out of the fact that he was rightfully pointing out how there was an injured player who was let back on the pitch, then went down intentionally to stop play, yet he wasn't made to get off the pitch after he got back to his feet. This player went down 3 times in stoppage time, and yet only a few seconds were added back on the clock.

He also will likely have to hear some more about heading down the tunnel without shaking hands, given what occurred this summer, but, he went over to the mid line and looked over, but Favre didn't seem to be making any attempt to go shake Pep's hand, so I don't blame him. Favre was classless all match long, out of his technical area all match long, even grabbing at Lahm as he was putting the ball into play at the end of the game, then he went celebrating surviving a goalless draw with Bayern at home as if they had just won the cup.
ImageFC Bayern - Pack MASS www.facebook.com/FCBayernPackMASS Image
Lotharis1
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby SouthernStar » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:03 am

Lotharis1 wrote:
I think a lot will be made of that, but I don't think it had anything to do with her being a woman, I'm pretty sure Pep would've tried the same move on a guy. More should be made out of the fact that he was rightfully pointing out how there was an injured player who was let back on the pitch, then went down intentionally to stop play, yet he wasn't made to get off the pitch after he got back to his feet. This player went down 3 times in stoppage time, and yet only a few seconds were added back on the clock.

The way I saw it, both coaches were screaming for the stoppage time whistle to be blown (and not Pep asking for an extension). The result was unlikely to change even with a few minutes of added time. Xhaka was absolutely in no shape to continue, and both teams look tired as hell.

As long as we beat BVB next week in the AA, this result is actually ideal... Iirc it also will be the Borussia derby the week after.
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby quaazi » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:35 am

Funny how both teams are fine with the result, eh?
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Borusse » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:49 am

Gladbach are happy to get a point off a giant and Bayern don't really care that much anymore, it's all done and dusted in the league.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby tflags » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:23 am

Borusse wrote:Gladbach are happy to get a point off a giant and Bayern don't really care that much anymore, it's all done and dusted in the league.

Fun's at the bottom, right?

Ok fine, that was bellow the belt.

Gosh I did it again.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby quaazi » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:25 am

Underhanded grab at low-hanging fruit to bring borusse down, eh? :wink:
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:32 am

DANGER: low-flying bees
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:49 am

Yes, I hear not even their CL kit swap is working for them on the League.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga