You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-10-26] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:30 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach will win
6%
It will end in a draw
13%
Bayern Munich will win
81%

Total votes : 16

Re: [2014-10-26] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby JJJ » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:04 am

We have winter break for that.
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCB general » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:34 pm

Two things I liked the most in the last 7 days.

• Our defensive stability and record so far
  • playing style which is becoming efficient and more & more watchable

So far Guardiola is doing a great job in this season and I want to see these performances against Bremen and Roma from March to June when the true season starts.

Tomorrow I expect the same against Gladbach who have been in great shape so far.

Tomorrow we win, BuLi campaign is offically over in October, new record after last season's March. :)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:17 pm

Personally I think this will be a difficult game. BMG will just sit back deep and counter attack the hell of us.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:36 pm

Sport1 is reporting Robben won't participate tomorrow, he didnt even travel with them they said aswell. Seems he had some issues after the Roma game.
Ottomeister13

Postby Bayernbazi » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:23 pm

This is being reported everywhere now. I hope that it isn't something serious.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:38 pm

Time for Ribery to start then.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:39 pm

Hmmm.. FCB news says its not sure yet if he cant play, just that he didnt train yesterday and today.. But i dont think Guardiola will risk him with HSV, BvB and Roma coming up.
Ottomeister13

Postby AllensRoten » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:48 pm

Sooooo

That squad is looking legit. Hopefully Robben not playing won't affect our gameplay too much

On a side note, anyone think Rode will get some minutes tomorrow?
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:08 pm

AllensRoten wrote:On a side note, anyone think Rode will get some minutes tomorrow?

I'm gonna guess no :( I like the guy, but if he wants to play as a 6, he probably has some way to go to being the guy Pep would put in that position. The way Perarnau describes it in his book, the player in that position is THE key guy, and Rode probably doesn't have the experience yet to be that guy. Hope Pep can teach him or Hojbjerg to take that position though.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby AllensRoten » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:50 pm

pyrasur wrote:
AllensRoten wrote:On a side note, anyone think Rode will get some minutes tomorrow?

I'm gonna guess no :( I like the guy, but if he wants to play as a 6, he probably has some way to go to being the guy Pep would put in that position. The way Perarnau describes it in his book, the player in that position is THE key guy, and Rode probably doesn't have the experience yet to be that guy. Hope Pep can teach him or Hojbjerg to take that position though.

I thought he displayed some excellent qualities in both defense and offense. He is a great ball winner, and also has decent shooting technique and timing. The one, and probably most important skill that isn't as developed as the others is his distribution ability. And like you mentioned experience. He has this stalker-ish, hunched over, and animalistic approach on defense, as if waiting for his prey to receive the ball and then out of nowhere pouncing on them with no remorse. I like it.
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:34 am

I'm expecting a tough game if Robben doesn't make it for tomorrow
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:10 am

A quick note to non-Europeans to inform them that this match is being played on the first day that Europe switches out of summer time. In the first post on the thread you can see the kick off time in your timezone (providing you set your OS regional settings correctly).
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DerKaiser » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:00 am

Gladbach vs Bayern back in the day ....and who are those two?
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DerKaiser » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:06 am

http://bundesligafanatic.com/bundesliga-rewind-the-1970s-a-tale-of-two-heavyweights/

On Sunday afternoon table topping FC Bayern München will travel to the north-west of Germany for a visit to Borussia Park to take on 2nd placed Borussia Mönchengladbach. The match marks the 93rd time the two will have met in a Bundesliga fixture, and the 100th competitive match played between the two. FC Bayern lead the all-time head to head table with 45 wins compared to Gladbach’s 20 with the 27 remaining matches resulting in a splitting of the points. Bayern are also undefeated in 7 total matches vs. Borussia in the domestic cup competition.

Nowadays we tend to take for granted the domestic dominance displayed by FC Bayern. We’re also more apt to think of that other Borussia, that one playing in black and yellow, as the primary rival and main contender to disrupt this seemingly entrenched Bavarian football hegemony (current season thus far notwithstanding). However, without overstating the obvious, 4 decades ago the German footballing landscape was much different – Bayern weren’t always the de facto league winners.

Indeed it was more akin to a heavyweight boxing match or, perhaps more appropriately, a 2 horse race. From the 1969-70 season to the 1979-80 season the 2 clubs dominated the league topping the table on 9 of the 11 occasions, with Die Fohlen winning the Bundesliga title 5 times to FC Bayern’s 4. Also during the decade the sides took turns winning 3 league titles in a row, Bayern having achieved the feat from 1971-1974 and Gladbach from 1974-1977. Both clubs also were DFB Pokal winners once, Bayern in 1971-72 and Gladbach the season after.

The 22 league matches played between the 2 over the decade were split much more evenly than the all-time results with Bayern winning 10 to Gladbach’s 7 and the remaining 5 ending in draws. Generally speaking the matches were close contests (16 of the 22 contests were settled by 2 goals or less) but a few outliers existed – Borussia Mönchengladbach’s biggest victory was a 5-0 win in 1974 while Bayern were run away winners 7-1 in 1979.

Gladbach’s biggest win came on the last match day of the 1973/74 season. Bayern ended up winning the title by one point that season, but the Foals 5-0 win was a sign of what was to come in the following years.

Of course this rivalry produced a few memorable moments featuring the 2 sides.

On the 23rd match day in March of 1971, Gladbach defeated FC Bayern 3-1 in front of a raucous crowd at the Bökelbergstadion. The victory left Die Fohlen 2 points clear of Bayern at the top of the league table where they would remain until match day 33 when a 4-1 Bayern victory over Eintracht Braunschweig allowed the Bavarians, who were already level on points, to take the overall league lead with a slightly superior goal differential setting up a dramatic final match day. On the back of a 3 goal 2nd half Gladbach won 4-1 away to Eintracht Frankfurt while Bayern were condemned to the runners up position after a 2-0 defeat in Duisburg.

The final match day in the 1973-74 season produced Borussia Mönchengladbach’s greatest victory over FC Bayern but it comes with several caveats. Bayern started the day 3 points clear of the Foals which meant that they’d already clinched the Bundesliga title (3 points for a win wasn’t adopted in Germany until 1995). The other wrinkle was that the match came 1 day after the Bavarians had won the European Cup final replay against Atletico Madrid in Belgium; the match on the Wednesday finished in a 1-1 draw thus requiring the teams to play again on Friday, where Bayern were 4-0 winners. Gladbach took full advantage of the fact that Bayern had played the day before and ran out 5-0 winners, although I suspect that Beckenbauer and company probably didn’t lose a whole lot of sleep over it.

While the clubs have never met in continental competitions, both Borussia Mönchengladbach and FC Bayern had incredibly successful European campaigns during the 1970s. Gladbach were UEFA Cup winners in 1974-75 and again in 1978-79 and runners up in 1972-73 and 1979-80. They also reached the final of the 1976-77 European Cup but were defeated 3-1 by Liverpool in Rome. Bayern on the other hand saw their greatest run in Europe winning the European Cup in three consecutive seasons (1973-74 to 1975-76) becoming the third, and last side to date, to accomplish that feat.

The clubs’ legacies during this decade extends outside of the league as well. Both FC Bayern and Borussia Mönchengladbach were huge contributors to the West German successes in the 1970s, and indeed some of the greatest players to put on a Germany shirt played for these 2 sides; names like Vogts, Wimmer, Bonhof, Netzer, and Heynckes for Gladbach and Maier, Beckenbauer, Breitner, Hoeneß, and Müller for Bayern just to name a few.

13 of the 18 players in West Germany’s EURO ’72 winning side played for these 2 sides, while 2 years later the World Cup winning squad was comprised of 12 players from the 2 clubs. Even at EURO ‘76, the squad that finished runners up to Czechoslovakia had 10 players from these teams. Interestingly enough, 3 players, Gladbach’s Berti Vogts and Bayern’s Sepp Maier and Georg Schwarzenbeck, appeared in all 4 tournaments West Germany qualified for in that decade.

Of course we all know that the clubs have had divergent fortunes since the end of the 1970s. FC Bayern München survived the challenge and have become the single team to beat every single season running, racking up accolades both domestically and in Europe, and are the gold standard for how a modern football organisation should be run. For Borussia Mönchengladbach the end of the 70s brought with it the end of their golden generation and outside of a pair of Pokal wins and some top 4 finishes in the Bundesliga the honours have significantly dried up for Die Fohlen.

So when you sit down to watch Sunday’s match wherever it is you’re viewing it from, perhaps take a moment to reflect on the history these 2 great clubs created. One has to assume that the football romantics and the neutrals will be pulling for a Gladbach win; victory for FC Bayern would put the gap between 1st and 2nd to 7 points (barring the Mainz and Hoffenheim results of course) and could signal the start of a Bavarian freight train powering to another league title. A victory for Gladbach would, at least for the time being, make the race for the Bundesliga title a little more interesting, all the while calling back to a bygone era where the Foals ran neck and neck with the Bavarian giants.
- See more at: http://bundesligafanatic.com/bundesliga ... yMKzf.dpuf
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB general » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:51 am

DerKaiser wrote:Gladbach vs Bayern back in the day ....and who are those two?

Well... Faces remained almost the same, but today old. Günter Netzer(shoe's size 50) on the left, and your nickname on the right side. :mrgreen:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga