You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-04-11] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:00 pm

Borussia Dortmund will win
4%
It will end in a draw
12%
Bayern Munich will win
85%

Total votes : 26

Re: [2012-04-11] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby ronnie98 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:31 pm

MUTU wrote:And yet the goal against Manchester United was the last important goal he scored. Over two years have passed since...

He had been in form lately so I wouldn't worry so much, but he had such a horrid match that I think it would have been better for him to have been sent off in the first minute.

Please don't tell me you expect from Robben to do the same damn thing as in 2010?? vs fiorentina, vs man utd and the pokal semifinal. These things are beyond reality, not even messi has achieved such things one after the other.
SENT OFF in the first minute?? You are joking right? Before the penalty he was trying to create chances and was not awful at all. The worst as usual was muller and then gomez which we all know that he can't play outside the penalty spot. Ribery was like robben far from his best but tried neverthless.
You all making it that robben did it on purpose lol. It was unlucky, stop ******* blaming him! And what is this talk that 'he wants to be the star of the team' all of a sudden :D For me he is the star of the team with the most quality but since he's injured often then ribery shares that whatever you want to call it. In the end no matter what robben does he will always be viewed as an intruder for some fans and not part of the family that he was trying to prove to the fanatics only
ronnie98
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby hgb09 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:28 pm

This video made my day. hahahaha
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AvatarX » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:45 pm

Well, it's a fact that Robben is a player who can decide the outcome of the match.

It's really unbelievable that everything went wrong for him yesterday. Seeing the highlights, I remembered that he was the player that kept Dortmund onside during their goal. That + the missed penalty + the clear chance in the end, I think he just had the worse game with us.

As I said, hopefully he make up for this with a hat-trick against Real.

hgb09 wrote:This video made my day. hahahaha

I hope Schweini shoots a hammer and this idiot head will be in the way during DFB Cup final.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby hgb09 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:09 pm

This is the player I hate most since Materazzi.
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Mazen96 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:20 pm

hgb09 wrote:This is the player I hate most since Materazzi.

Well to be honest after yesterday's trollfest Subotic deserves that "honor".
In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Jorge » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:52 pm

Sorry, guys (specially the oldtimers) for not being around too often, I am traveling almost every week with little time left to post, although I read the forum often and obviously I watch every Bayern game.

Because our title hopes are gone with this game I feel that I need to put my 2 cents. Contrary to most posters here I am not mad at Robben for missing the penalty or shooting the rebound over the crossbar, this type of things happen and sometimes when you expect them the least. Our lost conceding 2 goals in injury time in 1999’s CL League Final is a good example.

I am particularly angry at Robben because his lack of passion, ego and selfishness this season. I do not care if Hoeness hits back telling all the critics (there are many) that we are wrong. This game is the typical example of Robben’s failure to play for the team when he expects the team to play for him.

The pinnacle of his lack of commitment for the team came with Lewandowski’s goal. After Kroos headed the ball out you could almost hear the back players and Neuer screaming: OUT and the whole team charging forward, Robben on the contrary slightly jogs, then stops. Can somebody tell me if there is any passion on him, if his mind is in the game, if he understands that when a central defender or a goalkeeper, or both screams OUT, it is OUT.

As I posted several times in the past, I do not see Bayern gaining a clear edge over teams that play the new German School (few touches on the ball and more verticality in the game) unless Robben gets unloaded. Ribery is another story, even when he dribbles too much for my taste, he has a better vision for passing in the final quarter, Robben’s capability of connecting specially with Gomez in the box is close to nonexistent.

I get back the argument that Robben can win games by himself, with a single play. No doubt about that, but we are seeing less and less of that, and my argument is that super-solo effort late in the game when we are not winning might not be needed in first place if we find the way to play like Dortmund, Gladbach or Hannover, because with the good passers we have in the midfield, the speed on the wings and our world class box puncher I am sure we can produce a few goals before we need a desperate saver when we are running out of time.
Last edited by Jorge on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:56 pm

Nice to read you again mate :D

I disagree with some things:

- Robben's mistake in their goal was because he is not a defender and he isn't used to defend. It's like when a CB is in the opponents box attacking and misses a clear goal chance. That's not what he is used to do.

- Ribery has great creative passes but also Robben is world class in that. If you watch Robben in every game you will see a lot of clever and 100% precise through balls

- It's not Robben but Gomez the player who makes that kind of modern German football impossible to play for us
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Payam » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:05 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Nice to read you again mate :D

- It's not Robben but Gomez the player who makes that kind of modern German football impossible to play for us

Stuttgart, in those days, deployed a counter attacking strategy. Gomez was scoring then too.
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:43 am

2006 Stuttgart =/= modern German football

And that's why Gomez is not a starter in Germany even though he has scored 324242 more goals than Klose in the last few seasons. Gomez can't pass further than 2m and his first touch is awful. Gomez is a world class poacher

Dortmund have Lewandowski and Barrios. Those are two techincally gifted strikers with great first touch and passing abilities.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Jorge » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:26 am

I agree to disagree:

1) I am not impressed by Robben passing skills, if I close my eyes I see him dribbling forever no matter who is unmarked whithin passing distance. Being educated under the Coerver Method he spent hours and hours perfecting his dribbling since an early age, got so good at it that sometimes it looks he runs with the ball stuck to his left foot but he has never been a great passer. I saw some good crosses from him mainly during his Chelsea years.
2) Mario Gomez is more effective with space to run than in tight spaces, his touch is long but he has long strides to get to the ball on time, he is quick turning and shoots strong with both feet. In a counter-attacking game he is devastating.
3) The reason Klose is 1st choice for Germany is because he does not stop scoring, he is as good doing what Gomez do and he is one of the best ever inside the box, in tight spaces. Unless his performance with the white shirt dips I do not see anyone benching him.
4) Can you apply the same logic to Muller? What makes Muller effective for Germany? Answer: one touch football on open spaces. What makes Muller not as effective for Bayern? Answer: the wingers heating up the ball.
5) Robben is Bayern's self employed genius anyway we flip it, the more I watch the team play, the more I am convinced we waste a lot of chances for counter-attacks when he dribbles the ball for 30 yards next to the line, then starts cutting inside forever, by the time he releases the ball his team is marked and his opponents fully set-up. When he was not well known in the BL he was able to break his through, now the opponents build a staggered chain of players to mark him and he find himself stranded like a steppenwolf. He complained about Rafinha and we gave him Lahm: I still do not see him as the huge factor we believe he is.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby armbrust » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:35 am

Robben's mistake in their goal was because he is not a defender and he isn't used to defend.

2nd Pole covering in corner kicks its something preset before games, and its a must that the selected player have to sprint out after the ball clears the small box. Robben missed that basic rule and not being a defender do not save him.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby armbrust » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:49 am

The problem with Robben and Ribery is that we play them to far away from the box. We should be playing 4-3-3.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby appudds » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:13 am

I would have punched his face soo hard he will become the living Voldemort
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby AdepT » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:20 am

appudds wrote:Image

I would have punched his face soo hard he will become the living Voldemort

Kahn would have stopped the play to kick Subotic's ass. How I wish that to have happened!
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:14 am

hgb09 wrote:This video made my day. hahahaha

It also broke the record for most thanks in one post :lol:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga