You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-11-19] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:30 pm

Borussia Dortmund will win
45%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
55%

Total votes : 11

Re: [2016-11-19] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:13 am

As far as I'm concerned:
-We are not playing at our best and have dropped a relatively high number of points. I mean sure, we're unbeaten and joint first which is pretty good, but I'm talking relatively. We have very evidently regressed from the level we were at in the past 4, maybe even 5 seasons (some will say we already regressed with Pep, but even if so we have done so further and Ancelotti has not brought the change desired by many).
-Call it butthurt if you will, but our last 2 coaches got better results with a very similar if not slightly worse squad (+ more injuries). I can't blame these performances solely on the team because we have quality.
-We have what on paper looks like the best defence in Europe, which has worked out very well for Loew, but it seems as though after we conceded the first time some games ago we can't keep a clean sheet anymore. That's concerning when it comes to facing better teams who will make it hard for us to score (Dortmund, Leipzig, Atletico all in the coming weeks).
-He seems unwilling to acknowledge or change what everyone else seems to agree is not working out.
-We are not that flexible anymore and have become more predictable. I liked the surprise factor in Pep even if it sometimes had disastrous consequences.
-Bias on my part (and some others like MUTU), but I was personally never entirely convinced about him given his track record so these performances have obviously set the alarm bells ringing. Some might say it's too early and that saying we might not win the league is an exaggeration, but the truth is his history actually suggests that's likely. I mean, this is the same coach who failed to win the league with PSG...
-Also unfair to some extent on Ancelotti, but many agree he was brought in to win the CL since he is known to be a cup coach. After all, Pep delivered many trophies but was harshly criticised for failing in that one. I guess we're also desperate to win it again before some of our veterans retire. Now I'll never be one to expect the CL and I'll be happy with the Bundesliga and a decent run (hopefully a trophy) in the Pokal. But it doesn't look like we can go far in the CL at the moment.

You might disagree of course. You're right that not enough time has passed to draw conclusions, which is why I'm not yet calling for his resignation even though I'm not behind him and am unsatisfied. But imo the signs are hinting towards a bad season and that worries me.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:18 am

Achilles wrote:Is there any -reasonable- reason for such negativity and the anti-Ancelotti camp/group ?
or it's from butthurt super super fans and it's called counteraction ?

I really don't get the whole idea because it feels like most here are bias and frustrated before a game starts and they have already judged are current coach in his first 4 months while he has a 3-year contract and his first year didn't even come to the.. ceremony months it seems that even if the things get much better a decision has been made, Ancelotti is inappropriate to coach Bayern!

Let's thrash everybody until December and then become a joke at the knock out stage, another Spanish team, Sampaoli's Sevilla is waiting for the big German Sheep to get slaughtered for the 4th time in a row from a Spanish team, we must not let the tradition down, the tradition we have built with such tactical superiority and super super work, it will be a shame really :lol:

Decline is always hard to accept, and there is no arguing that the team has been in decline since the absolute peak of winning the quadruple in a highly dominant fashion. The only way from there was down, but a portion of Bayern fans expected a less steep decline than we're currently experiencing. Let's face it... if today's Bayern was to play against the Bayern that hit Barcelona for 7, they'd get a thrashing, so the decline IS there.

The negativity is then also accentuated by some tactical and personnel decisions being taken that many feel are contributing to a weakness in the squad, which in turn is aggravating the decline.

I think not all hope is lost though. I'm sure that the vast majority (if not all) believe that, with some changes, we can turn things around and maybe even win the treble again if everything fits together nicely.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:44 am

MUTU wrote:I think not all hope is lost though. I'm sure that the vast majority (if not all) believe that, with some changes, we can turn things around and maybe even win the treble again if everything fits together nicely.

Well, that's exactly what I'm talking about, I'm 100% into this until things won't get better I'm into this sentence to the fullest.

I think it's normal that we're in a small decline, we have a new coach who doesn't want to make an overhaul or drastic changes, his philosophy is to build on that step by step, every change takes time to flourish and I repeat if we won't get better when it matters the most(after February) then I'll register to the anti-Ancelotti camp. Decline also comes with some other factors such as EURO fatigue,injuries,new coach and some of our main stars hit 30s which in previous seasons where age-wise at their peak these things may called small details or excuses, depends on the perspective, that's mine(the same I had under Pep too, no double standards)

@FCBayernMunchen
Anyone can worry or disagree with tactics or not personally I was in favor to sign Ancelotti not because I'm a fan of him or style but because the other alternatives(since Klopp was signed by LFC) were not equal to Guardiola. Tuchel,Jugelsmann are coach prodigys but not experienced or brands like Ancelotti or Guardiola. Look I'm was thrilled when we signed Pep but he didn't meet my expectations I'm fan of German style of football,more direct and I'm not fan of Ancelotti's football either but we need patience,the guy has some serious CV and I don't think that he has lost it already... His timetable may differ to our previous coach, maybe he is working to get the team at the best shape both tactically and physically in terms of fitness, we must wait though, negativity doesn't get anywhere. I mean even if we're 2nd on the table still there is room for improvement,to catch up,to become better, Madrid last year were a joke, completely unorthodox style of play but they managed to win the CL and have a tremendous run to the league(nearly won it) Barcelona were ready to sack Enrique, Messi was playind sh!t but they managed to win the treble.

I think you understand what I'm saying right? Is how you finish not how you start, I'm just having patience and faith I can't imagine that a coach like Ancelotti and his staff can't get things better because if they don't... then another coach will step up, it's simple.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Coman » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:23 pm

MUTU wrote: if today's Bayern was to play against the Bayern that hit Barcelona for 7, they'd get a thrashing, so the decline IS there.

Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:01 pm

Achilles wrote:I think you understand what I'm saying right? Is how you finish not how you start, I'm just having patience and faith I can't imagine that a coach like Ancelotti and his staff can't get things better because if they don't... then another coach will step up, it's simple.

I do, and I don't think we disagree that much. The only difference is that I don't have a lot of faith that we'll improve a lot, but I'm still not demanding he leaves because it's true that the finish is more important than the start. I'm not hoping we lose or anything. I'm obviously behind Bayern all the time and I hope Ancelotti starts getting 5-0 wins every game and I'll eat my words but at the moment things look concerning.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:14 pm

Thank you Achilles. I was getting depressed only reading negativity. It sounded like we were battling relegation, sacking Ancelotti and hiring Labbadia to save us.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:08 pm

:think:
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:27 am

Butthurt? No... Unwilling to watch pure shit? Yes...

It IS true, grandma would win BuLi with this squad - which is why he **** up so bad cause he'll fail... Does he even watch? See what happens, recognize problems? I see no indication whatsoever... I mean there would have to be some faint, rudimentary, basic approach visible... All I can see is 4-3-3, Alonso, and heavy rotation only throwing us out of whack...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Pelin » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:13 am

Our problem is midfield and Alonso. Our 3 man midfield is doing the job of 2 man.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Borusse » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:21 pm

Have no idea what to expect from both BVB and Bayern in this game.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby kod2600 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:32 pm

I predicted a Bayern loss for the first time ever on the boards poll.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby JANCKER » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:09 pm

Reus should be back for this game...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:27 pm

JANCKER wrote:Reus should be back for this game...

Doubt he'll play..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:40 pm

Well, it'd be a good game for him to get some practice, before they play the really challenging teams...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby rthebest » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:10 am

If Bayern allow half of the chances they allowed in the super cup BVB will trash them. not only that they play the next match against Leverkusen pressing maniacs after a trip to Russia.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga